Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

MWC Football Assistant Coach losses

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

For BSU: (changes in bold)

• Head Coach - Harsin
  • OC - Zac Hill (demoted?) to Co-OC
  • WR Coach - Eric Keisau - promoted to Co-OC
  • DC - Andy Avalos
  • CB Coach - Jeff Popovich - left to Georgia Tech
    • replaced by Jalil Brown (after a day at USU, season at NAU)
  • OL Coach - Brad Bedell
  • RB Coach - Lee Marks - will also be Co-ST coach this year
  • TE/ST Coach - also Asst. HC Kent Riddle - removed from ST duties
  • DL Coach - Chad Kauha'aha'a - left to USC
    • STUD Coach - Spencer Danielson has become the DL Coach
  • OLB Coach - added Jeff Schmedding from Eastern Washington (their DC) 
    • He will also be Co-ST coach
  • S/N Coach - Gabe Franklin

To be fair, we never won a single game or forced a single turnover with him as coach so we were sort of forced to let him go.

22 hours ago, renoskier said:

No, it isn't.

Home prices in the greater LA metro area are a little less than double the prices here. 

Average rents are: about $3200 in LA vs $1750 in Reno/Sparks. So housing might cost an additional $20k/year. That's the main difference and leave a lot of cash left over.

It's at least 40% higher https://www.payscale.com/cost-of-living-calculator/California-Brentwood/Nevada-Reno 

You are aware CA has this thing called a income tax, right? Sure, he's getting a payraise but lets not pretend he's actually doubling his salary.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

2 hours ago, battle.borne said:

It's at least 40% higher https://www.payscale.com/cost-of-living-calculator/California-Brentwood/Nevada-Reno 

You are aware CA has this thing called a income tax, right? Sure, he's getting a payraise but lets not pretend he's actually doubling his salary.

You're correct.  His salary isn't doubling.  It's more than tripling.

Your argument isn't about his "salary," it's about his disposable income after expenses.

51 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

You're correct.  His salary isn't doubling.  It's more than tripling.

Your argument isn't about his "salary," it's about his disposable income after expenses.

Thank you.

He's still going to have a lot more $$$$ even after paying a higher cost of living.

2 hours ago, renoskier said:

Thank you.

He's still going to have a lot more $$$$ even after paying a higher cost of living.

We are all wrongly assuming he's going to make as much as the person who preceded him. Either way, safe to say he''s getting a pay raise and good for him. He's underpaid like the rest of the staff at Nevada.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

IN THE LAST 2-wks CSU has lost:

WR Coach...Alvis Whitted to same gig at Green Bay.   <---I MOST RECENT ANNOUNCEMENT

CB Coach...Eric Lewis (Marv's son) to same gig at BC

S&C Coach...Rayan Davis to same gig at Maryland

Alvis Whitted's departure became public today (Tues, 1/30) &  is the BIGGEST loss by far.  He's been here 7-hrs, as he was a member of Coach Mac's inaugural staff and has sent 3-WR's to the NFL when/if Williams is drafted.

My hopes for CMBobo righting the ship was below 50/50; with the recent news, my hopes are now below-30%.

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

IN THE LAST 2-wks CSU has lost:

WR Coach...Alvis Whitted to same gig at Green Bay.   <---I MOST RECENT ANNOUNCEMENT

CB Coach...Eric Lewis (Marv's son) to same gig at BC

S&C Coach...Rayan Davis to same gig at Maryland

Alvis Whitted's departure became public today (Tues, 1/30) &  is the BIGGEST loss by far.  He's been here 7-hrs, as he was a member of Coach Mac's inaugural staff and has sent 3-WR's to the NFL when/if Williams is drafted.

My hopes for CMBobo righting the ship was below 50/50; with the recent news, my hopes are now below-30%.

I'm right there with you on righting the ship. With Bobo's given track record of coaching hires, I don't have too much faith in these three new hires, also. So much for "Wide Receiver U." I'm happy for Coach Whitted and his family. I have a feeling that his loss is going to sting (but, I guess we'll have to wait and see who Bobo replaces him with).

34 minutes ago, AKram said:

I'm right there with you on righting the ship. With Bobo's given track record of coaching hires, I don't have too much faith in these three new hires, also. So much for "Wide Receiver U." I'm happy for Coach Whitted and his family. I have a feeling that his loss is going to sting (but, I guess we'll have to wait and see who Bobo replaces him with).

CoachAW met his wife at CSU & they have land near Horsetooth where they plan to build their dream home/retirement crib.  We might see the Whitteds back in NoColo in the future.

The talk of Assistant Coaches moving on makes me wish our Head Coach would move on too.

1 hour ago, crixus said:

The talk of Assistant Coaches moving on makes me wish our Head Coach would move on too.

With Eric Keisau being promoted to Co-OC we may have a need for an Outside WR Coach, so you might get your wish. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

On 1/23/2019 at 11:56 AM, TrueAg said:

Gone from USU

• Head Coach - Matt Wells to Texas Tech
  • OC - David Yost to Texas Tech
  • DC - Keith Patterson to Texas Tech
  • WR Coach - Jovon Bouknight to Texas Tech
  • CB Coach - Julius Brown to Texas Tech
  • OL Coach - Steve Farmer to Texas Tech
  • RB Coach - Deandre Smith to Texas Tech
  • TE Coach - Luke Wells to Texas Tech
  • Head S&C Coach - Dave Scholz to Texas Tech
  • Offensive GA - Chuckie Keeton to ???

So, not too many losses.....

nothing like burning the bridge on your way out of town. kind of a crappy thing to do, but I can see why he would want to take his entire staff to Lubbock..and, misery loves company, I guess, lol.