Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

POLL: Will the Democrat nominee for POTUS be an African American?

POLL: Will the nominated Democratic Candidate for President be African American?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. POLL: Will the Democrat nominee for President be African American?

• YES - the Democrats will ensure that an African American is their next nominated candidate for POTUS.
    • MAYBE - the Democrats won't make race a big issue. The best candidate will be chosen on the merits. Could be an African American, or anyone else.
    • NO - It will be someone who isn't African American. (Identify Below)

Guest #1Stunner
29 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

My money is on a Hispanic person. 

Hmmm..  I don't really see that happening.

They really need black voters to vote in Michigan, Ohio St, Pennsylvania.   Black voters don't seem to care as much unless they are voting for a black candidate (at least that's what I've read the pundits claim).   Look how close the Governor elections for Georgia and Florida were recently---both black candidates, who brought out a lot of black voters.

That's why Obama was so effective.  

I don't think the Democrats are going to make the same mistake again.     I guess we'll see.

The Democrats won’t make the same mistake they made with Hillary. They will run the best candidate they think has the best chance of winning which I think is Beto O’rourk who gave Cruz a run for his money in Texas. 

IMO it’s way too early to even be worrying about it. A lot can change in two years. 

Guest #1Stunner
4 hours ago, toonkee said:

What is the point of this question, @#1Stunner?

The point is simply engaging in speculation on the question of whom the Demcrats will nominate as their candidate to run against Donald Trump in 2020.  Why not have fun speculating?

It's pertinent, since Democrats are now "declaring" they are candidates for President.  

Also, it's a relevant discussion since we already all know that the last Democrat primary was a complete farce, and that the DNC did everything behind the scenes to ensure that Hillary would be the nominee... (Emails were released that proved this).  The last Democrat primary was a dog and pony show (basically all the money went behind one candidate that the party bosses wanted, Hillary).

So, I'm just curious if the Democrats will do the same thing (do a fake primary), and if yes, will it be to coronate an African American candidate.   I'm guessing absolutely YES. 

The Democrats are all in on racial Identity Politics---they are smart...it's a proven winner strategy for them.  It's the tactic Ocasio-Cortez used to beat a long serving, very liberal incumbent ("vote for one of us" was her slogan).  And...We saw 2 black candidates barely lose elections in Georgia and Florida (those elections were close ONLY BECAUSE of black voters voting for black candidates...not because voters care about policy).   Hillary lost because black voters stayed home.

It's smart politics.  Democrats won't dare run a white candidate in 2020.  My guess.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

The point is simply engaging in speculation on the question of whom the Demcrats will nominate as their candidate to run against Donald Trump in 2020.  Why not have fun speculating?

It's pertinent, since Democrats are now "declaring" they are candidates for President.  

Also, it's a relevant discussion since we already all know that the last Democrat primary was a complete farce, and that the DNC did everything behind the scenes to ensure that Hillary would be the nominee... (Emails were released that proved this).  The last Democrat primary was a dog and pony show (basically all the money went behind one candidate that the party bosses wanted, Hillary).

So, I'm just curious if the Democrats will do the same thing, and if yes, will it be to coronate an African American candidate.   I'm guessing absolutely YES. 

The Democrats are all in on racial Identity Politics---they are smart...it's a proven winner strategy for them.  It's the tactic Ocasio-Cortez used to beat a long serving, very liberal incumbent ("vote for one of us" was her slogan).  And...We saw 2 black candidates barely lose elections in Georgia and Florida (those elections were close ONLY BECAUSE of black voters voting for black candidates...not because voters care about policy).   Hillary lost because black voters stayed home.

It's smart politics.  Democrats won't dare run a white candidate in 2020.  My guess.

Why is race the most important aspect for you?

Is it because you think Democrats put race as the most important priority, a position some people here, and the right wing "media" would suggest?

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Boise fan said:

Is it because you think Democrats put race as the most important priority, a position some people here, and the right wing "media" would suggest?

I'm only speculating about what the Democrats are planning and thinking.

No, I don't care about what the right wing media think, I'm talking about what the Democrats are thinking. 

As stated... Identity politics (specifically race) is a winning strategy for the Democrats.  I don't think they can win a close election unless they get a high turn out from black voters in swing states.  The key to doing that is to run on Identity Politics, and run a black candidate.  It's the same reason why black voters in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Florida who voted for Obama, stayed home and did not vote for Hillary.  They care about black candidates for big elections, like the Presidential election.  They stay home when it's a white candidate.

Do you disagree with this analysis?  I think most voters couldn't care about policy disscuions.  It's 90 percent identity politics.

The Democrats are not dumb.  They know that they get more votes running a black candidate than they do a white candidate.  Candidates like Stacy Abrams and Andrew Gillum ran close races in Republican states because they got the black voters to vote.  Their ideas were irrelevant.

So ..predicting now that the Democrats with their fake primary (super delegates and DNC money for one person) will select a black candidate for President.  It's a done deal.  Mark it down.  Only question is which one?

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Boise fan said:

Maybe this says it better:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/03/12/4-4-million-2012-obama-voters-stayed-home-in-2016-more-than-a-third-of-them-black/?utm_term=.83f5860479d9

2 hours ago, Boise fan said:

It seems to be the most important aspect for leftists like you.

Your white candidates don't seem to motivate your voters of color.   The tactics democrats have used for years which have been copied by Trump don't seem to be working for your voters of color anymore.  They have stopped believing you care about them i think.  Which isn't surprising because you don't.

There are a lot more black voters rethinking the straight Democratic vote. They are beginning to understand the Democrats do nothing for them. The Republicans dont either, but they also don’t pander for the minority vote like the Democrats do. If the Dems start losing the minority vote they are in big trouble. Which is why Stunner believes the Dems will put forward a black candidate, most likely Kamala Harris. 

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

It seems to be the most important aspect for leftists like you.

Your white candidates don't seem to motivate your voters of color.   The tactics democrats have used for years which have been copied by Trump don't seem to be working for your voters of color anymore.  They have stopped believing you care about them i think.  Which isn't surprising because you don't.

Well a racist like you would know, right?  :rotflmfao:

Using your warped mindset, I guess one could suggest Republicans don't like smart candidates, and search for the dumbest ones they can find.

Hey, you could become a Republican candidate, Tool!  Good luck!

5 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

So, I'm just curious if the Democrats will do the same thing (do a fake primary), and if yes, will it be to coronate an African American candidate.   I'm guessing absolutely YES. 

I think it's more of a desire for the right that race becomes an issue.  I think the best candidate will be selected on rational, practical things, not the color of their skin. That won't play well with conservatives because if they can make it about race it serves their agenda. 

I don't like articles like the one you linked. I think they're divisive and shallow. 

I'll wait and see what happens. 

5 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Hopefully the person is qualified.  Make it an actual competition instead of deciding between two WTFs.

The Bernie Bros are already attacking everyone that declares or that they think is going to run. 

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, retrofade said:

The Bernie Bros are already attacking everyone that declares or that they think is going to run. 

Are "Bernie Bros" Bernie Sanders supporters?

Please tell me that clown isn't going to try and run again.

Guest #1Stunner
6 hours ago, Boise fan said:

I think it's more of a desire for the right that race becomes an issue.  I think the best candidate will be selected on rational, practical things, not the color of their skin. That won't play well with conservatives because if they can make it about race it serves their agenda. 

I don't like articles like the one you linked. I think they're divisive and shallow. 

I'll wait and see what happens. 

Yeah, I understand race and it being an issue.

I'm more bringing up race in the context of identity politics and trying to get votes based on that.

It'd be the same thing as a Mormon running in Boise, and trying to get all of the Mormon vote, simply based on the fact they are or Mormon.   Or like a Jew getting the Jewish vote in Brooklyn.   Or Ocasio-Cortez winning based on being a Latina in a highly hispanic district.

I think the Democrats realize that they need a black candidate if they are going to get black voters to care.

We'll see, I guess.