Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ltcpilot

Air Force vs Boise State

As Colorado Springs and Denver finish a short lived ‘blizzard’ with 50mph winds and snow, we AF fans in the local area hope it blows through enough to allow travel to Clune Arena for the 7pm tip-off.   My Falcons have played well at home the last 4 home games going 3-1 with the last two being wins over SDSU and UNLV.  The lone loss in that four games was by 6 to NM with it being a 3pt down game with less than 1:42 to play.  Even on the road at now #7Nevada AF was up at half and stayed in the lead until 12mins to go.  They are playing better and hope to continue that tonight.

Here’s two looks at the game:

From the Colorado Springs Gazette. https://gazette.com/sports/air-force-looks-to-end-boise-state-s-four-game/article_7b06b818-1df0-11e9-9f5f-7bf1eb6df69e.html

From the Idaho Statesman.  https://www.idahopress.com/blueturfsports/basketball/quick-turnaround-a-challenge-for-broncos-as-they-visit-air/article_0b8677de-7fdf-566d-897b-22df60c14b6f.html

..GO FALCONS..

31 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Why? Does it really matter this year? Surprisingly we are 3-4 point favorites. 

This.   It's another step hopefully towards next year.  All I want to see tonight is either abandoning the 3 (never, ever with Rice is this going to happen) or to make 30% of them at least, and to see Alston return to recent form. 

Enjoy moments this conference season but don't dwell on results because .500 is a stretch goal for this team at this point.   Tournament spoiler is about the pinnacle this season.

1 hour ago, roughrider said:

This.   It's another step hopefully towards next year.  All I want to see tonight is either abandoning the 3 (never, ever with Rice is this going to happen) or to make 30% of them at least, and to see Alston return to recent form. 

Enjoy moments this conference season but don't dwell on results because .500 is a stretch goal for this team at this point.   Tournament spoiler is about the pinnacle this season.

I noticed you said spoiler, not winner. The odds on winning the tournament have got to be way up there. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if Rice won it with one of his worst teams while the good ones couldn’t get by the first round. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I noticed you said spoiler, not winner. The odds on winning the tournament have got to be way up there. Wouldn’t it be a hoot if Rice won it with one of his worst teams while the good ones couldn’t get by the first round. 

Rice has to prove he can win in March tournaments before I predict winning.  He just misses every time and it's the one wart to me that's bigger than his recruiting misses.   But this year, they legitimately could make it to the championship game if they don't have a first day game.  They'll lose the final if they get there, that I'd bet on. 

4 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Boise needs this win bad.

I agree. We have shown we can beat the bottom teams (includes SDSU so far this year surprisingly) and that we will lose to the top teams (Nevada and Fresno State).  Let's see how we do against an air force  team that appears to be a middle of the pack team, particularly at home. 

1 minute ago, Jalex4141 said:

1.  Stop running offense

2.  crank bad 3s,

3. lose game. 

Good points. Offense went from getting the ball inside and scoring to Dembley casting off and missing several threes. AF scored 13 straight mainly in transition. Tied 33-33 at half. Alston playing well. 

2 minutes ago, bsubroncochick said:

Yep.  Losing interest in our team big time this year.  Boise State basketball fans are fair weather anyway. TBA is going to be a ghost town for the rest of the season.

Unfortunately you are probably right. I will still be there cheering on the team but it is getting tough.  Is Wyoming still riddled wth injuries?  If so we might be competitive on Saturday.