Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

New Mexico at UNLV

6 hours ago, toonkee said:

Eh...he's had two years to legit recruit after the program hit rock bottom.

Front court...MM has recruited the hell out of it. McD's AA, Juco POY, grand larceny in Ntambwe. 

Backcourt...Robo is not a walk-on, in the traditional sense in that he's just some guy that's on the end of the bench to keep team GPA up and guard guys in practice.  He was a freebee that didn't need a scholarship. And he's playing pretty well now that he and Hardy are playing pg by committee. Getting Robo and not losing a scholly is very good recruiting.  Hardy is getting pretty good. We all see the potential in Hamilton but...freshman that takes hero shots. He needs to learn to play within himself and the O. Coleman is getting some of his minutes because Menzies knows he's not going to do a whole lot positive, but not screw up either. If Hamilton would stop auditioning for the NBA we'd see him a lot more.

Unfortunately, Hamilton might be a transfer candidate at the conclusion of the season. 

54 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Unfortunately, Hamilton might be a transfer candidate at the conclusion of the season. 

If Menzies is cut loose, I could see more than a few guys leaving - These recruits have talked that Menzies was a key factor in their choosing UNLV 

42 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I'm putting this here because this thread will get action.

How come the MWC is playing so many Tuesday games this year?

Am I wrong thinking that we usually played mostly Wed/Sat?

I've noticed a lot more Tuesday games this season - Used to be just the 1 or maybe 2 

I'd love to see the MWC go to Thursday / Saturday games 

Just now, Cheek Patch said:

Thursday/Saturday would probably be brutal for travel

Only the Friday off day - Might be tough for some MWC travel destinations where they are removed from airports like Logan & Laramie 

Though the Big Sky does Thursday / Saturday & most of their teams are not exactly easy locations to get to which must be a travel bugger :unsure:

When the zone is high, they are supposed to throw it to Tervell in the short corner for the easy 15 foot shot. But Clyburn just looked Tervell off and threw the ball to Amauri at the top who drove, took a tough shot and turned it over. 

Clyburn has made the last two solid plays attacking the defense.