Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

San Jose State @ Wyoming on Wednesday Night: Somebody's Gotta Win.

tenor.gif

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Congratulations Cowboys on the 59-46 victory.

20 hours ago, tspoke said:

What sort of coach do you think will want to come here knowing we fired a coach after he had some of the worst luck a coach could have after only 3 seasons. I don't see a lot of in demand coaches lining up for that opportunity. 

I see our team next year being pretty good barring any players leaving. 

I feel confident that we could attract a better coach given the likely pay scale.  Edwards has been at Wyoming since 2011.  It isn't like we brought in someone completely new that had to start from scratch.

Define 'good'.  Justin James graduates.  Realistically and maintaining the status quo, I see the ceiling being a .500 team in the MWC.  Personally, I don't count that as good.  Clearly I hope that I am wrong but that is what I see.

2 hours ago, Bob said:

We were at full strength (minus Naughton, but he's not very good) for the first 4-5 disappointing losses. I've seen enough to know he just sucks at coaching baskeball. His teams will always underachieve relative to their talent level.

We lose our whole team next year: JJ. No way we are going to be better

We never had maldo healthy once this year... He couldn't play if he got on a plane and even at home he was no where near close to 100 gritting it out for us. Also Thompson got hurt in the first game and missed the next 5ish games with a concussion. So no we weren't ever healthy this year. We did beat south Carolina which is looking like a decent win. 

Next year maldo will replace JJ and the new guys that Edwards brought in will have experience from getting thrown into the fire. Next year will be the put up or shut up year for this staff and we'll see how they do. 

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

We never had maldo healthy once this year... He couldn't play if he got on a plane and even at home he was no where near close to 100 gritting it out for us. Also Thompson got hurt in the first game and missed the next 5ish games with a concussion. So no we weren't ever healthy this year. We did beat south Carolina which is looking like a decent win. 

Next year maldo will replace JJ and the new guys that Edwards brought in will have experience from getting thrown into the fire. Next year will be the put up or shut up year for this staff and we'll see how they do. 

I watched the game last night online and was amazed at how many players Wyoming has out injured. Hang in there Cowboys!