Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

San Jose State @ Wyoming on Wednesday Night: Somebody's Gotta Win.

The first ever meeting by two MWC teams with kenpom.com ratings of 300+.  Only Sparty has produced a 300+ rating in years prior but injuries have really taken their toll on the Cowboys; Justin James was helped off the floor with a knee problem last Saturday and that could be the final blow for them. Both teams are coming off 30 points of more road losses.

They do have a return meeting scheduled later in the season so I'm hoping that the home fans are rewarded for their loyalty.  I'll be rooting for Wyoming on Wednesday.

Who ya got?

36 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

All depends on if SJSU is as sensitive to altitude poisoning as SUDS is. 

Remember when everyone thought Sparty was headed in the right direction because of close losses at Stanford and Cal?  Their average scoring margin is -27 in MW play.

15 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Remember when everyone thought Sparty was headed in the right direction because of close losses at Stanford and Cal?  Their average scoring margin is -27 in MW play.

Let’s kick em to the curb already FFS!!

11 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Wyoming looks worse than SJSU. Injuries have decimated that team. The guy coming off the bench looks like your average rec league player. 

I guarantee they have guys in the football program who were All Conference basketball players in high school that could help out.  Way back when I was in school, some of the frat intramural teams were loaded with scholarship football players and scholarship baseball players who were good enough to play D1 Basketball.

8 minutes ago, brillio said:

I have them splitting the series but..but.. each winning on the road.  

Dont worry pokes, I’m sure our game there will be a close one for 35 minutes 

If it’s remotely close the Nevada team will get bounced in the first round of the Dance. There is bad, but this Wyoming team takes it to a whole new level of bad. 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

If it’s remotely close the Nevada team will get bounced in the first round of the Dance. There is bad, but this Wyoming team takes it to a whole new level of bad. 

I haven’t seen them play yet this year, so I’m not sure if they really do suck or if it’s hyoerbole from frustrated fans.  Is this the worst Wyoming team in recent history or something? 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

The guy coming off the bench looks like your average rec league player. 

It's because they are:

KC Henry - 3rd year college student from Lingle, Wyoming population 500. Walked on to the program last month.  He might be 6'0 but looks shorter.  Unrecruited out of high school at all divisions I believe.

Haize Fornstrom - 1st year college student from Pine Bluffs, Wyoming population 1100. Walked on to the football team where he redshirted this past season.  Walked on to the basketball team a few weeks ago.  He is about 6'3 I believe.  I'm not sure if he was recruited for basketball at like NAIA but  I believe he was unrecruited at all divisions as well.

44 minutes ago, Bob said:

Basically, yes. Two dudes from small, small small town Wyoming. I wonder why we don't get some football players that were hoops players. I guess we have a few excellent ones. I wonder if Bohl is putting the kibosh on it. Austin Conway for one...

I don't want to see any football players that might be contributors next year playing.  What would be the point?  Imagine if Conway went down with an injury as we are already thin at receiver.  I'd be curios if any of the graduating seniors on the football team played basketball though (Tyree Mayfield comes to mind).

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Wyoming looks worse than SJSU. Injuries have decimated that team. The guy coming off the bench looks like your average rec league player. 

How can that be?  I guess the High Altitude Gym doesn't prevent injuries.

5 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I guarantee they have guys in the football program who were All Conference basketball players in high school that could help out.  Way back when I was in school, some of the frat intramural teams were loaded with scholarship football players and scholarship baseball players who were good enough to play D1 Basketball.

Pat Durham played on my Fraternity's hoops team in the late '80's

Usually WYO at home would be a no brainer...but having watched Cowboys in The Pit Saturday, this rendition is unusually bad.

When the short blond dude entered the game, I thought to myself...this guy would be better suited for the rasslin' team.

So...SJSU by six.

Hope James is OK.

13 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Will Wyoming be any better next year when the injured players return? Doesn’t James graduate? Will Edwards be fired?

Can't be worse next year.  This is probably the lowest point in Wyoming basketball since I have been following in the early 90s.  Edwards has to be fired.

22 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

Can't be worse next year.  This is probably the lowest point in Wyoming basketball since I have been following in the early 90s.  Edwards has to be fired.

I’ve been saying that for several years.