Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Hey authoritarian gun grabbers...

The Department of Justice released a study asking criminals where they got the guns they used in committing the crime for which they were currently incarcerated. After asking 287,000 prisoners in 2016 where they got the gun they used, 90 percent of them “did not obtain it from a retail source” and less than one percent obtained it from a gun show. Half of them obtained their firearm from the “underground” market.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/suficspi16.pdf

Put that in your marxist pipe and smoke it.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The Department of Justice released a study asking criminals where they got the guns they used in committing the crime for which they were currently incarcerated. After asking 287,000 prisoners in 2016 where they got the gun they used, 90 percent of them “did not obtain it from a retail source” and less than one percent obtained it from a gun show. Half of them obtained their firearm from the “underground” market.

Good study that law abiding gun owners are clueless when it comes to storing and securing their guns *

* Then add in the number of their kids who get hold of those guns and blow their own heads off or another kids head 

4 hours ago, Boise fan said:

Love that underground market.  Lots of good shit there! 

I wonder where they get that stuff.

:hmmm:

Well we know Obama sold some of it too them.  Unlike anything we have so far with Trump here was just one real criminal act by an administration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/way-more-than-a-whiff-of-scandal-in-the-obama-presidency/2018/01/26/9fcc7a9a-01e8-11e8-86b9-8908743c79dd_story.html?utm_term=.862e4092584e

"Fast and Furious" was an Obama administration operation meant to track illegal guns going to Mexican drug lords. It went badly awry and led to the death of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry. It also led to Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. being held in contempt of Congress (17 Democrats voted in agreement) after refusing to disclose Justice Department documents for a congressional investigation.

3 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Good study that law abiding gun owners are clueless when it comes to storing and securing their guns *

* Then add in the number of their kids who get hold of those guns and blow their own heads off or another kids head 

The kids weren't aborted so you are upset a bullet was wasted?

We can all feel your angst over the loss of innocent life? :facepalm:

10 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

I love how you fail to address the black market issue, nice deflection.

And come on, we all know you and Comrade fan love gun violence. You two and the rest of the authoritarians on this bird immediately grab the Jergins and tissue whenever a shooting is reported. You and your team want more. 

10 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

the big question.......

do they all drive Subarus?

Yes, and your mom too.

If only there were some way to track guns from original purchase to when they end up in the hands of criminals, perhaps we could curb the supply.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

5 minutes ago, Mano said:

If only there were some way to track guns from original purchase to when they end up in the hands of criminals, perhaps we could curb the supply.

I'm not sure putting a big brother gps tracking device on all guns would fly, right?  Without doing something like that, we'll never know.  And clearly, I'm not for allowing the govt to put a tracking device on any of my property.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I'm not sure putting a big brother gps tracking device on all guns would fly, right?  Without doing something like that, we'll never know.  And clearly, I'm not for allowing the govt to put a tracking device on any of my property.

Serial numbers and a record of all sales through the background check system?

GPS would only work as long as a battery lasts - which is not very long.

In Mexico, apparently there is only 1 gun store? (per a LA Times article I saw) 

And you have to pass several background checks etc. before you can purchase one.  And they severely limit the types of guns you can buy.  
So vast majority of Mexican citizens do not own a gun or have access to one.  So lets let Mexico be our model then, because its working out well there, most citizens don't have guns! 
Of course the cartels and criminals don't really care about that do they and Mexico has a murder rate roughly twice that of the US.  And most the people they kill, including large groups of people in some cases, do not have guns, so their pretty much helpless  to fight back.  

17 minutes ago, pokerider said:

In Mexico, apparently there is only 1 gun store? (per a LA Times article I saw) 

And you have to pass several background checks etc. before you can purchase one.  And they severely limit the types of guns you can buy.  
So vast majority of Mexican citizens do not own a gun or have access to one.  So lets let Mexico be our model then, because its working out well there, most citizens don't have guns! 
Of course the cartels and criminals don't really care about that do they and Mexico has a murder rate roughly twice that of the US.  And most the people they kill, including large groups of people in some cases, do not have guns, so their pretty much helpless  to fight back.  

Wonder what Mexico’s murder rate would be if America didn’t love drugs so much.

On 1/19/2019 at 8:35 PM, BSUTOP25 said:

¿Don't most incarcerated criminals maintain their innocents?  ¿How are you going to get meaningful responses from "criminals" who haven't committed a crime?

21 minutes ago, renoskier said:

This NYC gun law is one of the most moronic things I've ever heard. Can't take a permitted gun out of the city, WTF!!?

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/22/687432907/supreme-court-takes-1st-gun-case-in-nearly-a-decade-possibly-with-big-consequenc

How the phuck did it ever even reach the SC?

I can picture it now.  HUGE racks of gun lockers at the bridges & tunnels that connect NYC to Jersey.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:43 AM, bluerules009 said:

Well we know Obama sold some of it too them.  Unlike anything we have so far with Trump here was just one real criminal act by an administration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/way-more-than-a-whiff-of-scandal-in-the-obama-presidency/2018/01/26/9fcc7a9a-01e8-11e8-86b9-8908743c79dd_story.html?utm_term=.862e4092584e

"Fast and Furious" was an Obama administration operation meant to track illegal guns going to Mexican drug lords. It went badly awry and led to the death of U.S. Border Patrol agent Brian Terry. It also led to Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. being held in contempt of Congress (17 Democrats voted in agreement) after refusing to disclose Justice Department documents for a congressional investigation.

Obama sold guns to Islamic terrorists in Mexico and now there are caravans of Islamic terrorists moving toward our border, scattering prayer rugs and Qurans while preparing to take Christian white girls as wives.  Only a wall can stop the horde of terrorists intent on creating a caliphate here in the USA. 

And just where does the underground market get it's guns?  There is a huge problem in this country of legally purchased firearms eventually ending up in criminals hands.  I'm not anti-gun at all but I damn sure do think there should be severe legal ramifications for losing or having a gun stolen.  I own 11 guns and I know where they all are at all times.  If one is too careless or too stupid to keep track they should not be allowed to own a gun.  Period!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frankminiter/2014/08/12/inside-the-black-market-for-guns/#433ea9f6181e

The three agents then explained that about 80 percent of the crime guns found in New York City come from out of state. That makes sense; after all, New Jersey and Connecticut are within commuting distance of New York City. They also said the average “time to crime” (the time it takes for a gun sold from a gun dealer to make it to a criminal’s hands and then to a crime scene) is 12 to 13 years in New York City. “In that time a handgun could easily go through four or more owners,” said Agent Mulham.

I asked, “So basically the guns seized at crime scenes aren’t leading back to gun stores, but to thefts or other sales?”

They nodded agreement.

This made me refer to the ATF’s statistics to get them to explain what’s behind some shocking numbers. I noted that the ATF estimates that 190,342 guns were lost or stolen in the U.S. in 2012. Most of those guns (177,898) were lost or stolen from private residences and vehicles, but 5,762 firearms were reported as being stolen from Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealers—gun stores, pawn shops, and so on.

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

¿Don't most incarcerated criminals maintain their innocents?  ¿How are you going to get meaningful responses from "criminals" who haven't committed a crime?

Indeed, they never willingly let go of their innocents.