Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokerider

Dumbocrats reject Trump's proposal BEFORE he made it!

Dims reject Trump border security and DACA proposal and ending the gov't shutdown before he even made it.   They don't even have any counter proposals.  

Their plan is to allow the gov't shutdown to go on indefinitely in hopes it hurts Trump.  Their fools if they think their not going to get pressure to move on this as well.  

If you cared about immigration reform you would leverage the wall to get what you want.  Trump is such a "great negotiator",  I suspect you could get anything and all you wanted.

If you don't care about immigration reform you reject the proposal outright without negotiating.  Takng no risk of Trump accepting any counter offer.

19 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Dims reject Trump border security and DACA proposal and ending the gov't shutdown before he even made it.   They don't even have any counter proposals.  

Their plan is to allow the gov't shutdown to go on indefinitely in hopes it hurts Trump.  Their fools if they think their not going to get pressure to move on this as well.  

Since we just heard Trump's opening proposal, what's a reasonable amount of time before they should have a counter proposal?

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

Trump intentionally left the Democrats with a big negotiating chip.  DACA.  Are they going to attempt to cash it in? 

I didn’t see the speech. Is he offering a permanent fix or just the 3-year delay? If it’s permanent I say give him his tinker toys. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

11 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I didn’t see the speech. Is he offering a permanent fix or just the 3-year delay? If it’s permanent I say give him his tinker toys. 

Think he limited it to 3 years ...........and trump was so concerned over the government workers he mentioned them exactly zero times 

The nitwit basically just pissed off his base too with the DACA offer 

21 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Just kicking the can down the road for three years. I'd say to give him the damn wall if there was a permanent fix for DACA, legitimate immigration reform, and an actual defined plan for how these "see through steel barriers" are going to be put into place and the money spent. 

13 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Think he limited it to 3 years ...........and trump was so concerned over the government workers he mentioned them exactly zero times 

The nitwit basically just pissed off his base too with the DACA offer 

Stephen Miller gonna Stephen Miller. 

5 hours ago, pokerider said:

5 hours ago, renoskier said:

Since we just heard Trump's opening proposal, what's a reasonable amount of time before they should have a counter proposal?

As far as I’m aware the Dems haven’t offered any proposal since the government shutdown started. Did I miss something? 

Im not sure I’ve ever even heard an official Dem party position or proposal on immigration reform. 

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

As far as I’m aware the Dems haven’t offered any proposal since the government shutdown started. Did I miss something? 

Im not sure I’ve ever even heard an official Dem party position or proposal on immigration reform. 

Uhh, both Houses voted almost unanimously to pass a budget authorization that Trump supported. Then Coulter and Limbaugh weighed in. The two of them have already blasted his proposal, so Trump will need to walk it back. 

5 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

He offered several things and gave room for negotiation.

Democrats  won't even counter offer because they are afraid Trump would accept it and they would lose immigration reform as an issue.

5 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Uhh, both Houses voted almost unanimously to pass a budget authorization that Trump supported. Then Coulter and Limbaugh weighed in. The two of them have already blasted his proposal, so Trump will need to walk it back. 

They didn't pass anything unanimously.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

The democrats will never allow immigration reform to pass in any form.

16 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

And don't forget that part where Trump said he is responsible for the shutdown.  You remember, I'm sure.  When Pelosi walked out and out her shades on.  I feel like people keep forgetting that for some reason...

16 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

The late December authorization did not have a wall. It passed the Senate unanimously and had overwhelming support in the new House. 

22 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I agree. I’ve never seen them take any kind of official party position on immigration reform other than sanctuary cities which more or less says welcome to our country and city, we will shelter you from the federal government. 

20 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

He offered several things and gave room for negotiation.

Democrats  won't even counter offer because they are afraid Trump would accept it and they would lose immigration reform as an issue.

Coulter and Limbaugh won’t even accept a 3-year amnesty. It really doesn’t matter what Trump offers.