Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

George Will on trump

On 1/19/2019 at 1:03 PM, UNLV2001 said:

DxO1sltV4AAzDLD.jpg:large

You didn’t know that George Will hates Trump? He’s been saying this non-stop since he declared he’d run back in 2015. He sounds like he might fall asleep while he’s talking. Will is just one of those establishment Republicans that like the system the way it was from Obama and earlier. Very very few in the GOP camp like Will anymore. I think Dems like him more now. 

kat.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
On 1/19/2019 at 11:03 AM, UNLV2001 said:

Sorry, but George Will is pretty boring.

He came and spoke at BYU, and was extremely boring.   Tried to force a lot of baseball metaphors as a way to show he is folksy and loves good old Americana Apple Pie and Baseball.   Had nothing interesting to say...

There are more interesting pundits on both sides of the political spectrum. 

22 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Sorry, but George Will is pretty boring.

He came and spoke at BYU, and was extremely boring.   Tried to force a lot of baseball metaphors as a way to show he is folksy and loves good old Americana Apple Pie and Baseball.   Had nothing interesting to say...

There are more interesting pundits on both sides of the political spectrum. 

Did he speak at BYU during the book tour for his book about baseball?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:17 PM, NorCalCoug said:

Did somebody just say “Donald Trump”?

tenor.gif

That's a perfect gif for George Will. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Did he speak at BYU during the book tour for his book about baseball?

If you need some shuteye, turn this on and be prepared to fall asleep.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

If you need some shuteye, turn this on and be prepared to fall asleep.

That lecture took place in 2013. The next year, he published a book about baseball. So he was talking about baseball a lot. get over it.

Guest #1Stunner
5 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

That lecture took place in 2013. The next year, he published a book about baseball. So he was talking about baseball a lot. get over it.

I'm George Will.  Look at me....

Baseball.  Apple Pie.  America.  Baseball.   George Washington.   Zzzzz

I am so smart. 

S M R T.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

I'm George Will.  Look at me....

Baseball.  Apple Pie.  America.  Baseball.   George Washington.   Zzzzz

I am so smart. 

S M R T

Maybe he just doesn't think very highly of Mormons.

Guest #1Stunner
10 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Maybe he just doesn't think very highly of Mormons.

Friend,

Is that really your response to a criticism about George Will?   Really?

Making my criticism of George Will about Mormons?  

I thought you were smarter than this....

48 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Friend,

Is that really your response to a criticism about George Will?   Really?

Making my criticism of George Will about Mormons?  

I thought you were smarter than this....

I think mormons are great. So when I talk with them, I don't get all boring and lame and talk about baseball and apple pie.

just sayin, champ.

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, smltwnrckr said:

I think mormons are great. So when I talk with them, I don't get all boring and lame and talk about baseball and apple pie.

just sayin, champ.

George Will is lame.   

Very boring person, and a mediocre speaker.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

George Will is lame.   

Different strokes for different folks. 

On 1/19/2019 at 11:03 AM, UNLV2001 said:

Nailed It! :rock:

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:08 AM, #1Stunner said:

George Will is lame.   

Actually, your description of George Will could also apply to Trump.  

Trump is lame and he is a terrible speaker.  There are 2 types of Trump speeches:  1) those campaign rally speeches where he just repeats the same old nonsense; and 2) the prepared speeches where he drones on until the listener falls asleep. 

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, sandiegopete said:

Actually, your description of George Will could also apply to Trump.  

Trump is lame and he is a terrible speaker.  There are 2 types of Trump speeches:  1) those campaign rally speeches where he just repeats the same old nonsense; and 2) the prepared speeches where he drones on until the listener falls asleep. 

Trump is an idiot, no doubt.

He usually gets a reaction during his speeches, though, because half of the time he is insulting people or belittling them.  Gets a rise out of his base.

On 1/24/2019 at 6:00 PM, #1Stunner said:

Trump is an idiot, no doubt.

He usually gets a reaction during his speeches, though, because half of the time he is insulting people or belittling them.  Gets a rise out of his base.

Actually, he got reactions because half the time he was talking about Mexicans and how Mexico will pay for a magical huge wall.  Well, that's what he did on the campaign trail anyway.  He'll get the same response again next year,  with adoring chants, only this time they will leave out the "who pays?  Mexico!" part.  There is nothing like giving a speech in front of a nearly all white audience in the south or midwest where the downtowns have been decimated and people feel left behind, and blaming it on a particular minority.  First, it makes people feel like there really was a simple explanation and only one man can fix it.  Second, it justifies unfortunately how too many of the far right wing part of the base truly feel inside about race.  My favorite explanation of this...  "Trump may not be racist, but racists think he is."  Trump could care less about Mexico, Mexicans, China, South Korea, any of the drivel he brings up.  He cares about votes, and if making up stories about illegals gets him adoration and votes,  in his mind that is all that matters.  Remember when Republicans talked about him pivoting and acting/sounding more presidential once the election was over?  I guess they are still waiting.

George Will nailed it by the way.