Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Come Home Kellen

15 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Watching that video reminded be that our offense used to be a thing of beauty, poetry in motion; A mult-shift, multiple formation, creative, dynamic high powered offense, no bland boring rpo like every other team out there.It simultaneously got me fired up, but also sad because for some reason that none of us will ever be privy to we completely abandoned the offense that put us on the national map and got us all the way up to #3 It breaks my heart watching that clip to see that we were # 3 in the nation at one time. now....a hodgepodge of bland, boring ineptitude. sigh

Yep, Robert Prince was the beginning of the end. It’s noteworthy that offense has never really surfaced at UW either. What is even more baffling is that Harsin mentored under Coach Pete. I have never really heard a reason that we abandoned that offense other than when Prince decided to drastically change the offense the recruits weren’t smart enough to pick it up. Which sounds bogus to me. I don’t think Prince was smart enough to pick it up. 

My guess is Petersen was the mastermind behind the offense and was pretty much hands on until he turned it over to Pease and then Prince. At UW he has too many responsibilities as head coach to help Bush Hamden out. I would be willing to bet if you made Chris Petersen the OC at Boise State we would see the same genius offense. 

23 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Watching that video reminded be that our offense used to be a thing of beauty, poetry in motion; A mult-shift, multiple formation, creative, dynamic high powered offense, no bland boring rpo like every other team out there.It simultaneously got me fired up, but also sad because for some reason that none of us will ever be privy to we completely abandoned the offense that put us on the national map and got us all the way up to #3 It breaks my heart watching that clip to see that we were # 3 in the nation at one time. now....a hodgepodge of bland, boring ineptitude. sigh 

It was a hell of a run...

However, just for fun, lets all remember how Bama was down like 14 and all we had to do was beat Reno with a Bama loss and we'd have played Oregon in the NC - beating them again...

It just goes to show, that the caliber of the season and opponents are critical, and that had things fallen differently, we'd have been given a chance....

UCF on the other hand is just embarrassing for most everyone, so I doubt they'd even even crack a top 5 ranking...

New-Signature.jpg

48 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

It was a hell of a run...

However, just for fun, lets all remember how Bama was down like 14 and all we had to do was beat Reno with a Bama loss and we'd have played Oregon in the NC - beating them again...

It just goes to show, that the caliber of the season and opponents are critical, and that had things fallen differently, we'd have been given a chance....

UCF on the other hand is just embarrassing for most everyone, so I doubt they'd even even crack a top 5 ranking...

I have absolutely no idea what UCF has to do with Harsin abandoning our famous offense. lol

Guest #1Stunner
6 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

When hell freezes over!

Kellen is ours now. 

He might as well buy property in Meridian.  He's all in for BYU!!! 

Guest #1Stunner
5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Kellen will survive as the Cowboys QB coach. Why would he want to coach at BYU?

He shared that it's his dream to coach at BYU.