Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Has Wyoming football peaked the last 3 seasons?

The sunset years of Wyoming football. Have they peaked?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Has Wyoming football peaked the last 3 years?

• Yes. They can't compete with CSU for recruits and only so many Boulder leftovers to go around.
    • Yes, since they can't compete with other FBS recruiting, they need Bohl to find gems, and Bohl can't coach offense. Catch 22.
    • Yes, this is not the 90's. Wyoming could compete back then because the game was different. Need a different athlete now.
    • No.

Wyoming may not have the potential of USU, but have they peaked?  Will they ever have 3 non losing seasons in a row again?  BTW, that is a hell of a feat, pokes, considering the limitations of the program.  Proud to share a conference with you.  SEC Mountain!!

https://247sports.com/college/wyoming/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

^ That is pretty ugly.  I have been assured that Bohl is regarded as the QB whisperer after Allen and Wentz.  Is he having trouble finding a QB because they know they will be playing behind Sophomore sensation TVW?  

I know how much pride Wyoming takes in beating out CSU for Denver area kids, any Denver bright spots on that list I should familiarize myself with?

12 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

TVW is the backup.  Are you referring to Chambers?

I assumed it was going to be a battle this Spring and into Fall.  We know how much trust Bohl has in TVW, putting him in to win the game against USU in a critical division game shows faith.  Then his heroics against AFA to help insure Wyoming did not have a losing season.  
TVW's skill set is like a young Steve Young, while Chambers is more Drew Brees.

9 minutes ago, 307dude said:

Chambers only appeared in four games and preserved his redshirt.

Correct, so if he appears in a game next year he is a Sophomore with a red shirt year available.  When or if TVW beats him out it makes him a more attractive transfer prospect!

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Correct, so if he appears in a game next year he is a Sophomore with a red shirt year available.  When or if TVW beats him out it makes him a more attractive transfer prospect!

No, he is a redshirt freshman next season. Last year counts as his redshirt year. He has four remaining seasons of eligibility with no (non-medical) redshirts available. 

17 minutes ago, trvitmvnz said:

Im still trying to figure out how Kielman got to Kansas State and Bohl wyoming. They have pretty much the same credentials 

Bohl is a mans, man.  Tough, just like Wyoming fans.  He probably turned down KSU last year (lets be real, you know they came after him, they would be dumb not to, keeping Wyoming from losing records looks good on any resume) because he has something to prove.  He wants to win a conference championship at Wyoming before moving on to the Big 10, or will retire there trying.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Wyoming may not have the potential of USU, but have they peaked?  Will they ever have 3 non losing seasons in a row again?  BTW, that is a hell of a feat, pokes, considering the limitations of the program.  Proud to share a conference with you.  SEC Mountain!!

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Gotta bring more than this youngster.  

5 minutes ago, 307dude said:

No, he is a redshirt freshman next season. Last year counts as his redshirt year. He has four remaining seasons of eligibility with no (non-medical) redshirts available. 

That is great news.  I see he did not play in the last game of the regular season.  Should he get beat out by TVW do you see him redshirting, or taking back up snaps?

2 minutes ago, slappy said:

Gotta bring more than this youngster.  

Disagree, a post so nice you quoted it twice!  If you need help with board functions, just ping me (I can teach you that as well).  I made a similar offer to @godogsgo as well after he spent a half hour struggling with a gif.  It is not your fault, it's science!
https://www.livescience.com/14309-aging-human-brain-cognitive-decline.html