Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackrabbit

The New Democratic Party

7 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Are the dems negotiating anything?

Did they make a counter proposal on immigration?

That was not the topic of my discussion with him. Jackrabbit deflected.  

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 1/17/2019 at 5:10 PM, soupslam1 said:

The ideologies of both parties are definitely divergent. Unfortunately it has come to both parties have drawn a line in the sand and there is no room for compromise. I wonder if our forefathers ever anticipated it would come to this. 

It's exactly what they envisioned. Remember, the Founders had a deep suspicion of government and concentrated powers.  Thus, three co-equal branches, a bi-caramel legislature and all un-enumerated acceded to the several states. The INTENT of the system was to make it difficult to pass legislation.  It's the UTTER bastardization of that system they would fail to understand and recognize. The permanent bureaucracy and the "rule making" power that has been surrendered to it by the duly elected legislature of an ostensibly free people with blow their minds  Can you imagine Thomas Jefferson or John Adams trying to understand the fascist, authoritarian, confiscatory Democrats?

They'd all be wearing MAGA hats. Bet on it.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

10 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

It's exactly what they envisioned. Remember, the Founders had a deep suspicion of government and concentrated powers.  Thus, three co-equal branches, a bi-caramel legislature and all un-enumerated acceded to the several states. The INTENT of the system was to make it difficult to pass legislation.  It's the UTTER bastardization of that system they would fail to understand and recognize. The permanent bureaucracy and the "rule making" power that has been surrendered to it by the duly elected legislature of an ostensibly free people with blow their minds  Can you imagine Thomas Jefferson or John Adams trying to understand the fascist, authoritarian, confiscatory Democrats?

They'd all be wearing MAGA hats. Bet on it.

What president has attempted to concentrate the power of the executive branch more than Donald Trump?

And is "bi-caramel" the color of the guy's hair?

Boom goes the dynamite.

22 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Give us an example. 

At one point, the Democrats were FOR peace and troop withdrawal from the various conflicts around the globe BEFORE THEY WERE AGAINST IT.

At one point, Democrats were FOR denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula BEFORE THEY WERE AGAINST IT.

At one point, the normalization of DACA status was important to Democrats.  It's now on the table for little more than the governmental equivalent of change in the couch cushions.  They would rather have the issue that the resolution. 

do I need to go on?

Okay, I'll go on.  At one point the Democrats stood up for working people.    Trumps trade  positions; the re-negotiation of long standing trade agreements, the tariffs etc, is nothing but an attempt to level the playing field for the AMERICAN working class.  Democrats now care more about what their fellow authoritarians in the EU think about them the than American worker.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Trump. Away from the center. 

Last I checked, this thread is about dems party..I was pointing out the lack of  serious negotiations by the dems.

I guess you are the wrong person to openly discuss the new leftist tendencies of the dem party....you buy into it completely. 

Pelosi's strategy is to call Trump's bluff on the emergency declaration thing. As such, it would not be in her interest to make a legitimate counterproposal.

And since something like 2/3 of Americans are opposed to building a wall, if Trump goes ahead with the emergency declaration, he's going to catch shit.

I'm not saying Pelosi should be doing that but I would be the last person to feel sorry for Trump for so stupidly boxing himself in a corner from the get-to.

In the final analysis, this is all about power politics and although when it comes to that, Pelosi is an all-star, if this was baseball, Trump would be a Single A league benchwarmer.

Boom goes the dynamite.

45 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Pelosi's strategy is to call Trump's bluff on the emergency declaration thing. As such, it would not be in her interest to make a legitimate counterproposal.

And since something like 2/3 of Americans are opposed to building a wall, if Trump goes ahead with the emergency declaration, he's going to catch shit.

I'm not saying Pelosi should be doing that but I would be the last person to feel sorry for Trump for so stupidly boxing himself in a corner from the get-to.

In the final analysis, this is all about power politics and although when it comes to that, Pelosi is an all-star, if this was baseball, Trump would be a Single A league benchwarmer.

Pelosi and the dems strategy is to demagogue the immigration issue and never ever pass any legislation to fix it.  Which is why they have refused to negotiate let alone pass an immigration bill.  They are scared Trump would agree.

The moron vote will not hold them accountable though.  Emotional thinkers only care about show not about accomplishment.

3 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Last I checked, this thread is about dems party..I was pointing out the lack of  serious negotiations by the dems.

I guess you are the wrong person to openly discuss the new leftist tendencies of the dem party....you buy into it completely. 

I responded to specific statement by you that Nacho Duce “is moving to the middle.”

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 2/9/2019 at 7:33 AM, Jackrabbit said:

You know this is not just a few loudmouths who have the mic. 

I don't know that, Jack. The Speaker of the House gave a "that's nice, dear" remark to the GND. It's seen as exactly what it is, a nowhere bill that appeals to the far left base that nobody has to worry about passing (but will force people to say "No, I don't support infrastructure" if they oppose it utterly). It's just ACA repeal with Obama as the pres. 

Rrooms of legislators applauding, most of the dem prez candidates are falling over themselves to embrace the green deal...and say nothing against late term abortion.  Not just a few.

People applauded total repeal of the ACA as well, what, 109 times or whatever it was? And what did we get? the ACA with less of a tweak than if Democrats had had congress under Obama.

The the new liberal  hates America and wants to radically change it.  The message is out there because they feel it is time and they are comfortable with it.

Jack, seriously, what are you talking about? What is this "hate"? For that matter, what is this "radically change"? You do realize that the trade and immigration policies proposed by Trump are more "radical change" than what 80% of democrats are calling for, right? 

Wanting to change America is something everyone wants to do. It isn't about hate, it's about love. America is a big place and what works great in Wyoming doesn't work great in New York. Unfortunately that message is essentially lost on both sides of the aisle. Occasionally posters on here will pay lip service to federalism but their bone deep resistance to proposals which help tens of millions of people at any level of government shows their true colors. At this point I can't tell if it is ignorance, myopia, or malicious intent. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

I don't know that, Jack. The Speaker of the House gave a "that's nice, dear" remark to the GND. It's seen as exactly what it is, a nowhere bill that appeals to the far left base that nobody has to worry about passing (but will force people to say "No, I don't support infrastructure" if they oppose it utterly). It's just ACA repeal with Obama as the pres. 

People applauded total repeal of the ACA as well, what, 109 times or whatever it was? And what did we get? the ACA with less of a tweak than if Democrats had had congress under Obama.

Jack, seriously, what are you talking about? What is this "hate"? For that matter, what is this "radically change"? You do realize that the trade and immigration policies proposed by Trump are more "radical change" than what 80% of democrats are calling for, right? 

Wanting to change America is something everyone wants to do. It isn't about hate, it's about love. America is a big place and what works great in Wyoming doesn't work great in New York. Unfortunately that message is essentially lost on both sides of the aisle. Occasionally posters on here will pay lip service to federalism but their bone deep resistance to proposals which help tens of millions of people at any level of government shows their true colors. At this point I can't tell if it is ignorance, myopia, or malicious intent. 

FoLks populating the coasts could give a shit about us or they way we live....our world is shrinking fast and there are too many who simply want to impose their will on us..

Nice plan but we cant tell the difference between change for love of country or class hatred.  The rhetoric from the left , to me sounds more hate based should be scaring the hell out of us....and it doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

FoLks populating the coasts could give a shit about us or they way we live....our world is shrinking fast and there are too many who simply want to impose their will on us..

Nice plan but we cant tell the difference between change for love of country or class hatred.  The rhetoric from the left , to me sounds more hate based should be scaring the hell out of us....and it doesn't. 

Jack, you're saying that the left "hates America" and you're talking about "rhetoric from the left.... hate based". 

Don't you think that it is you who is doing the identity politics and that it is you who is "imposing will" on people?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Guest #1Stunner

So far, the only two possible candidates for President for the Democratic Party are Kamala Harris or Corey Booker----the candidate MUST be African American, or they are not going to win.

Identity Politics is the MOST important factor in the Democratic Presidential Primary right now.  You have a bunch of Democrats running on the same ideas this election, and the only thing they can do to distinguish themselves is to show that they aren't the same old boring white candidate.

Poor Elizabeth Warren realizes this, and has been trying furiously to make herself into a minority, but it simply hasn't worked.. . . Sorry.  She's out.

"Beto" Robert O'Rourke (a white dude from Texas), realizes this, and has even given himself a manufactured Mexican nickname (he didn't go by the name Beto all growing up).

And look how they are disqualiying Howard Schultz.  Not based on is ideas.  But based on his identity---- White (Race) Male (Gender) and Billionaire (Economic status) (despite being self-made, from the NY projects.

Ideas don't matter.  It's identity in this election for Democrats.

Turd, er Ted, Cruz penned a tune which claimed that O'Rourke wasn't called Beto at all when growing up so I assume that's where you heard that. Some young right wing pundit then showed a copy of O'Rourke's HS yearbook in which he was listed as Robert. Well MY given name is also Robert and that's how it read on MY HS graduation photo and program but I've gone by Bobby, Rob or Bob just as often. And see this tweet that O'Rourke made nearly a year ago to rebut those Republicans (who never knew O'Rourke as he was growing up: 

Oh and Ted isn't Cruz's given name either.

Boom goes the dynamite.

9 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Turd, er Ted, Cruz penned a tune which claimed that O'Rourke wasn't called Beto at all when growing up so I assume that's where you heard that. Some young right wing pundit then showed a copy of O'Rourke's HS yearbook in which he was listed as Robert. Well MY given name is also Robert and that's how it read on MY HS graduation photo and program but I've gone by Bobby, Rob or Bob just as often. And see this tweet that O'Rourke made nearly a year ago to rebut those Republicans (who never knew O'Rourke as he was growing up: 

All this yearbook shyt is on Dems.  You started it!  :) 

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest #1Stunner
12 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Couldn't care less about Ted Cruz, or whatever song he wrote.

I think given that Ted Cruz's dad is named Rafael, and he is Rafael as well, so it makes sense he goes by his middle name.  Ted Cruz is a turd, I agree.

But please.... you really defending "Beto" O'Rourke giving himself a Mexican nickname?    He's Irish.   I guess as the cool kids say, he is "guilty" of cultural appropriation, then....   The fact he went by Robert growing up, and is not a "Beto" after entering politics is funny, to say the least.    Preschool photo, notwithstanding.  I guess, there should be a lot more "Buddys" running around too---apparently one of the most common nicknames for little boys.  Someone find a preschool picture with a "Buddy" shirt....

Point remains.... The Democrats WILL NOT nominate a white candidate, unless said candidate can somehow make himself/herself into a racial minority.  Beto gets extra credit for being creative, at least.   Being a white candidate is a "poison pill" in any Democratic Presidential Primary.