Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Giuliani: I never said there was no collusion between the campaign and Russia

14 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Poor dumb bastard.

If only there were some signs, some sort of indication of all of this.

A trail of breadcrumbs in the form of a hundred or so undisclosed Russian contacts from people in his inner circle, firing an FBI director and then admitting on national television the real reason, licking Putin's balls instead of going with the consensus of the intelligence service findings, or a few dozen indictments.

Or, really, an incredibly large amount of other things that I'm not bothering to mention. Thank god that this particular guy who became president due to one incredibly compromised political party is an incredible dumbass who can't hide what is happening any better than a 10 year old. 

On this very forum there are still people who reject the idea that Trump's campaign colluded with Russia, or are naive enough to think that Trump himself had nothing to do with it.

Can you imagine a less stupid version of Trump that was remotely competent and wasn't gift wrapping evidence on a daily basis by having diarrhea of the mouth? Thank god we got a simpleton who can't help himself.

Such a total witch hunt.

15 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Poor dumb bastard.

:blink:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

:blink:

I'm not a smart man Jenn'ay.

But I vaguely recall a few dozen presidential tweets saying "THERE WAS NO COLLUSION."

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Rudy is so cute in how awful he is at presenting these things. Man, has there ever been someone who has taken such a steep fall from grace from "America's Mayor" after 9/11 until now?

In the wry, smiling spirit in which it was intended...that dude definitely made some wrong life choices since 9/11. I almost feel bad for the guy tbh.

16 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I'm not a smart man Jenn'ay.

But I vaguely recall a few dozen presidential tweets saying "THERE WAS NO COLLUSION."

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Rudy is so cute in how awful he is at presenting these things. Man, has there ever been someone who has taken such a steep fall from grace from "America's Mayor" after 9/11 until now?

In the wry, smiling spirit in which it was intended...that dude definitely made some wrong life choices since 9/11. I almost feel bad for the guy tbh.

nah...

We don't think about this enough with all the daily distractions:

Trump's legal team consists/consisted of Michael Cohen, who attended the lowest ranked law school in America and had his computers and 50 burner phones confiscated, and of course Rudy "I'll get 'em with word games" Guiliani, and many of us believe the president is not in jeopardy.  

For those keeping track at home...

• Russia didn't interfere in the election at all
  • Ok, Russia interfered, but there weren't any contacts between Russia and the Trump Campaign and even if there were, collusion isn't a crime
  • Ok, yes there were contacts, but Trump didn't have any deals with them
  • Ok, yes Trump had deals with Russia, but they were very legal and very cool and only related to business and not intelligence
  • Ok, there were meetings with Russian intelligence agents, but Trump didn't know about them and collusion isn't a crime
  • Ok, Trump did know about the meetings, but because nothing came of them, there couldn't have been collusion and collusion isn't a crime anyway
  • Ok, yes some people in the Campaign did collude with Russia, but Trump never did    <---- We are here
  • Ok, Trump colluded with Russia and was aware of efforts by his campaign staff to do so, but if he didn't do that Hillary would have won and collusion still isn't a crime

36 minutes ago, retrofade said:

For those keeping track at home...

• Russia didn't interfere in the election at all
  • Ok, Russia interfered, but there weren't any contacts between Russia and the Trump Campaign and even if there were, collusion isn't a crime
  • Ok, yes there were contacts, but Trump didn't have any deals with them
  • Ok, yes Trump had deals with Russia, but they were very legal and very cool and only related to business and not intelligence
  • Ok, there were meetings with Russian intelligence agents, but Trump didn't know about them and collusion isn't a crime
  • Ok, Trump did know about the meetings, but because nothing came of them, there couldn't have been collusion and collusion isn't a crime anyway
  • Ok, yes some people in the Campaign did collude with Russia, but Trump never did    <---- We are here
  • Ok, Trump colluded with Russia and was aware of efforts by his campaign staff to do so, but if he didn't do that Hillary would have won and collusion still isn't a crime

Was Rudy drinking before he went on? Alcohol has a way of letting the truth slip out.

4 hours ago, rudolro said:

Was Rudy drinking before he went on? Alcohol has a way of letting the truth slip out.

He's either drinking or trying for some preemptive damage control if something new is about to come out.

That's our next AG if Trump wins re-election. Book it.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He's either drinking or trying for some preemptive damage control if something new is about to come out.

I get a feeling he knows something big is about to come out.

He did the same thing with the Stormy payoffs to soften the blow before the Cohen arraignment.

Just now, jackmormon said:

I get a feeling he knows something big is about to come out.

He did the same thing with the Stormy payoffs to soften the blow before the Cohen arraignment.

It could also have been him trying to explain away the Manafort filings that say he was giving information to and working with Kilimnik.

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

It could also have been him trying to explain away the Manafort filings that say he was giving information to and working with Kilimnik.

Sure, but Manfort was Trump's campaign manager.

It was also very odd that he said the only crime Trump could have committed was collusion to hack the DNC emails. The leaves a whole bunch of things that Trump could have been involved in that Rudy claims aren't crimes.

I got nothing.  

We already hashed this out out in the FBI thread. Should I merge it? 

Edit: mugtang for the win!  Split the posts out and merged with this thread.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

6 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I got nothing.  

We already hashed this out out in the FBI thread. Should I merge it? 

Edit: mugtang for the win!  Split the posts out and merged with this thread.  

Nice work. 

I didn't see that it was discussed in another thread. My bad. 

9 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Sure, but Manfort was Trump's campaign manager.

It was also very odd that he said the only crime Trump could have committed was collusion to hack the DNC emails. The leaves a whole bunch of things that Trump could have been involved in that Rudy claims aren't crimes.

That's my point. If "proof" of Manafort colluding with Russia were to come out, then Giuliani has now said that someone in the campaign might have.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Nice work. 

I didn't see that it was discussed in another thread. My bad. 

You’re good.  It’s not something you would’ve looked for in that thread.