Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

I'm border wall would have stopped this

29 minutes ago, toonkee said:

They can't compete with/don't understand higher orders of thinking, so they seek to elevate the status of common sense, guts and hearts in the decision making process. Information is labeled as conservative or liberal so that politically speaking, unsophisticated information can be equated with things Trumpers cannot understand.

Indeed. Facts are not objective to them: instead, they are creatable, malleable entities that are warped to best fit their emotions and prejudices. Furthermore, when called out on propagating such drivel, most simply resort to emotional appeals (like YOU JUST DONT AGREE LIBERAL, YOURE TRYING TO RUIN AMERICA) rather than actual engagement in reasonable debate.

Any deep dive into Trumpist ideology makes you meet face to face with lies, distortions, and contradictions that are defended emotionally and anecdotally. Unlike conservatives in the past, there is no intellectual center or internal logic to this political movement. It's absolutely dangerous.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Hey you are the company you keep.  It’s not my fault only 24% of college graduates are Republican.  Which has been a precipitous decline from the 60’s and 70’s.  

In fairness graduating from college does not equal a measure of intelligence.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

In fairness graduating from college does not equal a measure of intelligence.  

Certainly, but there probably is a correlation in how informed you are about the world around you 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

because all over the world walls have worked pretty well.   If you think a wall makes no difference compared to no wall or a tiny fence then your plainly just pretending

Yeah well when drugs are mostly coming via trucks, tunnels and fishing vessels tell me again how a wall helps???

46 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Probably need to be 30 feet deep - and of course this will pretty much double wall costs :waiting:

Yep but then the Mexican drug lords will dig 50 ft.   While we are building walls insuring the border is secure where no drugs cross, the drug lords will keep inventing ways to route drugs around the walls that already exist.....

apparently Mexican drug lords are a lot smarter than the bulk of the Republican Party.   

13 hours ago, toonkee said:

Enforce and strengthen the laws on business hiring undocumented workers, help Mexico and Central America build their economies so people don't want to leave their homes, stop doing drugs or legalize drugs to decimate the demand for illegal drugs and in turn eliminate the cartel violence.

Stop doing drugs. Lol. How about some practical solutions that actually have a chance of being implemented. 

1 hour ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Indeed. Facts are not objective to them: instead, they are creatable, malleable entities that are warped to best fit their emotions and prejudices. Furthermore, when called out on propagating such drivel, most simply resort to emotional appeals (like YOU JUST DONT AGREE LIBERAL, YOURE TRYING TO RUIN AMERICA) rather than actual engagement in reasonable debate.

Any deep dive into Trumpist ideology makes you meet face to face with lies, distortions, and contradictions that are defended emotionally and anecdotally. Unlike conservatives in the past, there is no intellectual center or internal logic to this political movement. It's absolutely dangerous.

Populism is not conservatism. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

The footing just got 10 feet deeper!

It’s gonna need to be. Just this week hundreds of people dug holes under a segment of the most recently constructed metal fencing in the Yuma sector and promptly turned themselves in. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/largest-single-group-migrants-tunnels-border-wall-arizona/story?id=60462672

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Stop doing drugs. Lol. How about some practical solutions that actually have a chance of being implemented. 

Like building a 2k mile concrete wall across private lands?

I gave you other solutions as well.

Stop turning a blind eye to business practices that exploit undocumented immigrants. That's on both parties.

The bottom line is that you've got to deincentivize the people from coming.

And yes, Soupy. Stop buying illegal drugs from Mexico.  

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

True but it’s probably a reasonable indicator.

This board may suggest otherwise.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.