Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

Best way to buy MWT tickets?

It is better to go through your school? The secondary market (ie if tourney is no where near a sellout could get cheaper/better tickets this way)? Through unlvtickets.com?

I know Nevada should be sending a decent crowd but other than that what do you expect the attendance to be? For those of you that have gone recently have you been able to buy tickets at a discounted rate closer to the tourney? 

2 hours ago, thedude15 said:

It is better to go through your school? The secondary market (ie if tourney is no where near a sellout could get cheaper/better tickets this way)? Through unlvtickets.com?

I know Nevada should be sending a decent crowd but other than that what do you expect the attendance to be? For those of you that have gone recently have you been able to buy tickets at a discounted rate closer to the tourney? 

Considering 10 or 11 MWC aren't drawing flies (UNR excepted) I'd just walk up and purchase before the game and avoid the internet fees 

8 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Secondary market.  This isn't 2007-2014

That is what I figured. I mean I New Mexico, San Diego State, and UNLV were rolling it would probably be  a different story. Nevada is the only team that is up now but even their fans might decide to save their $$$ and go to the NCAAT instead.

I have just never bothered to check the secondary market the past few years so I thought I would check with people who have. And it is not even the spending a few extra dollars to support the school that bugs me. It is spending the extra money AND getting worse seats that is really annoying. 

I doubt you’ll see more than a couple hundred fans traveling for the men’s team to Vegas. They’ll have to turn it around and go in there on a big time roll, for  fan interest to invest hundreds of dollars on a trip there.

I can see more fans for the lady Lobos traveling there, especially if they keep winning like they are... women are 14-2, and averaging around 5.5-6k a game. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

I doubt you’ll see more than a couple hundred fans traveling for the men’s team to Vegas. They’ll have to turn it around and go in there on a big time roll, for  fan interest to invest hundreds of dollars on a trip there.

Doesn't surprise me to hear you say that. Other than SAN!!!, I can't recall seeing a MWC team play interior defense as badly as yours did at SDSU. I get that you don't have a PG but does that excuse your front line for being devoid of an ability to play a tighter zone? Or was Weir absolutely clueless about changing that up early in the second half?

Neither your school or mine has any reasonable chance of winning the MW tournament unless we finish in the top 5 during the regular season and right now, I'm skeptical about either of doing so much less both.

Boom goes the dynamite.

12 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Considering 10 or 11 MWC aren't drawing flies (UNR excepted) I'd just walk up and purchase before the game and avoid the internet fees 

tenor.gif?itemid=5179742&fbclid=IwAR2mLb

7 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Doesn't surprise me to hear you say that. Other than SAN!!!, I can't recall seeing a MWC team play interior defense as badly as yours did at SDSU. I get that you don't have a PG but does that excuse your front line for being devoid of an ability to play a tighter zone? Or was Weir absolutely clueless about changing that up early in the second half?

Neither your school or mine has any reasonable chance of winning the MW tournament unless we finish in the top 5 during the regular season and right now, I'm skeptical about either of doing so much less both.

You hit it on the head in both cases. Weir has recruited players that are offensive minded, and weren’t asked to play hard nose defense like they are here with Weir, so it's something that’s a fairly new expectation to some of them, and they don’t see when or where to make defensive adjustments, unless it’s from their coach. That’s why you see him screaming in their faces when they mess up... DEFENSIVELY!

His players can fire up 20+ 3pt shots, and Weir won’t say a thing, because he plays the %’s. Guys will eventually start hitting those shots, or teams will eventually start missing those shots. Just like you saw in the SDSU game, he didn’t adjust to a soft middle giving up 10-16 ft. jump shots, because he figures a team will eventually miss more than they make. 

On the other side of that, he won’t make/see the adjustments needed to clog the middle on a team (SDSU in this case), that’s hitting the shots he’s ok giving up!

I seriously have my doubts that this team or this coach, will come together fast enough to make a difference come tourney time.

I forget if all MWC teams make the tourney or not; if not, this team will struggle to make it in, and if they do, they will be a one and done type team.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

23 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

You hit it on the head in both cases. Weir has recruited players that are offensive minded, and weren’t asked to play hard nose defense like they are here with Weir, so it's something that’s a fairly new expectation to some of them, and they don’t see when or where to make defensive adjustments, unless it’s from their coach. That’s why you see him screaming in their faces when they mess up... DEFENSIVELY!

His players can fire up 20+ 3pt shots, and Weir won’t say a thing, because he plays the %’s. Guys will eventually start hitting those shots, or teams will eventually start missing those shots. Just like you saw in the SDSU game, he didn’t adjust to a soft middle giving up 10-16 ft. jump shots, because he figures a team will eventually miss more than they make. 

On the other side of that, he won’t make/see the adjustments needed to clog the middle on a team (SDSU in this case), that’s hitting the shots he’s ok giving up!

I seriously have my doubts that this team or this coach, will come together fast enough to make a difference come tourney time.

I forget if all MWC teams make the tourney or not; if not, this team will struggle to make it in, and if they do, they will be a one and done type team.

He had a defensive strategy, it just didn't work. He was  having his guards jump out and trap our PG high and defending the arc, preventing the 3 but leaving wide open 10 footers.  Mensah and McD were having a field day.

He changed up in the 2nd half, packing in the zone  and we began to hit a bunch of corner threes. 

You have to be in the same mode as us, the rest of the season is about getting better. You've got some talent and some size.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke