Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

The Best Men Can Be

50 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

It is indeed dumb. Probably the biggest dumb is the scene in which one guy stops his buddy from walking after the cute young woman in the white shorts. As if just trying to speak to an attractive female is somehow improper?

Oops, OH. MY. GOD. Please excuse me for saying the young woman is cute! How incredibly sexist of me! I'm better than that, I just know I am!

I think it's more about cat calling, and the fact that most women don't want to be hit on by strangers when they're walking down the street. 

I think the ad is cheesy and a bit of a lame attempt to earn some kudos and clicks on YouTube.

That said when you have numerous people outraged over an ad that has an anti assault and anti sexual harassment message, you do start to realize that there's a reason for the "Liberal PC Bullshit". 

1 hour ago, sebasour said:

I think the ad is cheesy and a bit of a lame attempt to earn some kudos and clicks on YouTube.

That said when you have numerous people outraged over an ad that has an anti assault and anti sexual harassment message, you do start to realize that there's a reason for the "Liberal PC Bullshit". 

It think there was a projection to all boys in the ad.  Perhaps just my read

The World Needs More Cowboys!

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

Well, yeah. Mistreating and bullying women has been more or less socially acceptable for the last forever, trending more towards the "less" socially acceptable lately. Seeing mainstream images just talking about it frankly as something bad is pretty new. 

Whatttt? I’m guessing I’m a lot older than you are and Ive never heard most guys I’ve associated with feel that mistreating women is socially acceptable. You are out to lunch on this one Happy. 

16 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Whatttt? I’m guessing I’m a lot older than you are and Ive never heard most guys I’ve associated with feel that mistreating women is socially acceptable. You are out to lunch on this one Happy. 

No. No, I'm not. Talking over women is mistreating them, not ever believing a woman when she claims rape is mistreating them, worrying more about false rape accusations than rape accusations when the rate of false rape accusation is the same as other felonies is mistreating them, hand waving away women making less is mistreating them, casual acceptance of sexism is mistreating them, calling women who accuse men you like sluts or attention whores is mistreating them.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

12 minutes ago, happycamper said:

No. No, I'm not. Talking over women is mistreating them, not ever believing a woman when she claims rape is mistreating them, worrying more about false rape accusations than rape accusations when the rate of false rape accusation is the same as other felonies is mistreating them, hand waving away women making less is mistreating them, casual acceptance of sexism is mistreating them, calling women who accuse men you like sluts or attention whores is mistreating them.

Just don't project these things onto all men.

4 hours ago, pokebball said:

Not at all.  Boys being boys is an entire sheet of paper.  The bad behavior represents a period, or maybe two, on that sheet of paper.  This ad is being critical of boys being boys and not just a few instances of bad behavior.

No one is defending bad behavior, like you are trying to suggest with your response.

The ad is being critical of excusing bad behavior as "Boys being boys". 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

2 minutes ago, Mano said:

The ad is being critical of excusing bad behavior as "Boys being boys". 

I see that.  But when they show of room full of men saying boys will be boys, or the long line of dudes standing in front of their grills, it's a projection to all men.  Like I said, that's my take.  You have yours.

3 hours ago, sebasour said:

I think it's more about cat calling, and the fact that most women don't want to be hit on by strangers when they're walking down the street. 

I would agree had the guy actually been cat calling.

And BTW, might the term CAT CALLING now be verboten too?

Hell, maybe VERBOTEN is now improper to use as well. Anybody got the number for the captain of the PC police so I check to be sure?

Boom goes the dynamite.

17 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

So you are claiming Women are willingly letting men treat them badly in 60% plus of countries today?

You are claiming that women willingly let men beat them and dominate them for 99% of human history?

Is that what you are claiming?

Here is reality you politically correct out of touch with reality fool.  If men decided tomorrow in western countries to go back to they way women were treated 500 years ago or 10000 years ago.  There would be a few deaths and a few men might die but by the end of the week we would have returned to the historical positions.  The women in the U.S. are dependent on men letting them have this standard of living, it could all go away almost instantly if men so desired it.   So stop blaming men for the problems and start giving them credit because this situation is totally different than slavery and you are a total idiot to make that comparison.

Blue is a hero because every day he gets up, puts on his overalls, and somehow restrains himself from using his fat ass to hold a woman down and not fart all over her, because he could if he wanted to.

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Just don't project these things onto all men.

It's not all men, it's pointing out an issue that tends to happen among men and is still sadly viewed as acceptable by many in society. See this thread

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I would agree had the guy actually been cat calling.

And BTW, might the term CAT CALLING now be verboten too?

Hell, maybe VERBOTEN is now improper to use as well. Anybody got the number for the captain of the PC police so I check to be sure?

I'm not sure what we want to call, stopping a girl  in the middle of a busy street and creepily hitting on her. Maybe we'll just call it "being a douche". 

90% of political correctness is good, the general goal of the PC movement is to get people to be nicer to each other. Yet for someone reason there's this massive push back against that.

3 hours ago, sebasour said:

It's not all men, it's pointing out an issue that tends to happen among men and is still sadly viewed as acceptable by many in society. See this thread

You are generalizing. Tell me what percentage of men do you think this is an issue with? What percentage do you think find it acceptable? I would suggest it’s a small minority and these dumb ass commercials don’t mean shit to those guys.  Ninety percent of the guys I hang with have the utmost respect for women. 

22 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

So you are claiming Women are willingly letting men treat them badly in 60% plus of countries today?

You are claiming that women willingly let men beat them and dominate them for 99% of human history?

Is that what you are claiming?

Here is reality you politically correct out of touch with reality fool.  If men decided tomorrow in western countries to go back to they way women were treated 500 years ago or 10000 years ago.  There would be a few deaths and a few men might die but by the end of the week we would have returned to the historical positions.  The women in the U.S. are dependent on men letting them have this standard of living, it could all go away almost instantly if men so desired it.   So stop blaming men for the problems and start giving them credit because this situation is totally different than slavery and you are a total idiot to make that comparison.

Spoken like a true authoritarian.  All hail the Libertard dick-tater!

You're the kind of guy who when on the stand defending yourself for assault, would say, "I didn't hit her - if I did, she wouldn't be here to claim anything."

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism