Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

The Best Men Can Be

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

Let's turn boys into girls!

I am sure glad I wasn't raised as a girlyman like many of you.

Is your complaint specifically directed towards the anti assault or anti sexual harassment parts of the video?

I'm just curious which sociopathic value you want kids today to cling to?

1 hour ago, sebasour said:

Is your complaint specifically directed towards the anti assault or anti sexual harassment parts of the video?

I'm just curious which sociopathic value you want kids today to cling to?

I am curious why you think men who created the society you live in are sociopathic?  We are the ones who protect the weak. We are the ones who created freedom for everyone including women.  We are the ones who created almost everything with of course our women's support.  Without us though they would still be like women in Pakistan or Iraq or Saudi Arabia living at the beck and permission of men.

So what exactly are you claiming is sociopathic about your fellow men?

38 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I am curious why you think men who created the society you live in are sociopathic?  We are the ones who protect the weak. We are the ones who created freedom for everyone including women.  We are the ones who created almost everything with of course our women's support.  Without us though they would still be like women in Pakistan or Iraq or Saudi Arabia living at the beck and permission of men.

So..... You guys are in agreement? There is nothing wrong with the video being anti assault (protecting the weak) and anti sexual harassment (protecting women). 

2 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

May I bring your attention to the bottom right portion of the graphic.

Image result for arguments about slavery

19 minutes ago, toonkee said:

May I bring your attention to the bottom right portion of the graphic.

Image result for arguments about slavery

So you are claiming Women are willingly letting men treat them badly in 60% plus of countries today?

You are claiming that women willingly let men beat them and dominate them for 99% of human history?

Is that what you are claiming?

Here is reality you politically correct out of touch with reality fool.  If men decided tomorrow in western countries to go back to they way women were treated 500 years ago or 10000 years ago.  There would be a few deaths and a few men might die but by the end of the week we would have returned to the historical positions.  The women in the U.S. are dependent on men letting them have this standard of living, it could all go away almost instantly if men so desired it.   So stop blaming men for the problems and start giving them credit because this situation is totally different than slavery and you are a total idiot to make that comparison.

5 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

So are you cool with assault or sexual harassment?

Why does there have to be this ideologically driven activism in an ad for a consumer product? One that caters ALMOST ENTIRELY to men. Many men feel that this commercial is redefining many masculine things, even good masculine things, as toxic. "Yes, men, be the best you can be, but only what we determine to be the best."

Frankly, people should shrug their shoulders at this ad. It's a +++++ing dumb ad. Just sell me a product to shave my dumb face.

The real outrage at Gillette should be the fact that they were recently caught profiting off forced child labor and price fixing. But, sure, let's all focus on the toxic men mansplaining why this commercial sucks.

18 minutes ago, trl87 said:

Why does there have to be this ideologically driven activism in an ad for a consumer product? One that caters ALMOST ENTIRELY to men. Many men feel that this commercial is redefining many masculine things, even good masculine things, as toxic. "Yes, men, be the best you can be, but only what we determine to be the best."

Frankly, people should shrug their shoulders at this ad. It's a +++++ing dumb ad. Just sell me a product to shave my dumb face.

IDK, I switched to Harry's and I like their razors better. I think they've been getting a lot of competitions from startups like that, so they had to do something to shake it up. I mean, Harry's liked the German factory that builds their razors so much, they bought it! It is a smooth shave for a fixed price and their shaving butter keeps your face smooth.

Enter promo code HAPPY to Harry's to get 20% off your next order!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

IDK, I switched to Harry's and I like their razors better. I think they've been getting a lot of competitions from startups like that, so they had to do something to shake it up. I mean, Harry's liked the German factory that builds their razors so much, they bought it! It is a smooth shave for a fixed price and their shaving butter keeps your face smooth.

Enter promo code HAPPY to Harry's to get 20% off your next order!

Yep, I use Harry's as well. They make great blades at a good price, especially for guys like me who have a beard and don't have much to shave daily. 

41 minutes ago, trl87 said:

I'll watch it again but what "good masculine things" are shown as "toxic"?