Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboSage

Lobos @ Aztecs

No thread yet?...lack of interest from both fan bases it seems.

I'll give the edge to SDSU/Viejas.

I actually had plans to be there...game tickets, air fare, hotel reservations...work circumstances put the kibosh on my plans.

The battle of somewhat embattled second year coaches.

Point spread is 7. Seems a tad high but neither of these teams has shown any consistency from game to game.  Based on history, I would expect a highly competitive game.  Given their last performances, I expect both teams to scrap pretty hard for 40 minutes.

58 minutes ago, LoboSage said:

No thread yet?...lack of interest from both fan bases it seems.

I'll give the edge to SDSU/Viejas.

I actually had plans to be there...game tickets, air fare, hotel reservations...work circumstances put the kibosh on my plans.

The battle of somewhat embattled second year coaches.

I was there the last time Da Loobs came to town. There was a father with his 11-ish year old daughter seated some rows behind us. Every time an Aztec was at the stripe, she would let loose this candy van scream that made my blood curdle.

#StayClassyNewMexico

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

I was surprised by New Mexico's length when I watched their game against Nevada. I don't think we'll have any edge on them athletically-speaking. Neither team is where their fan base or the pre-season media thought they would be.

I have absolutely zero expectations for tonight. Two teams will show up to play basketball. That's all I got. :shrug:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I don't know.  Aztecs have been no-shows a couple times this year.

Lobos have been no-shows in SEVERAL, games this year... advantage SDSU, by at least 10-12 pts.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

7 minutes ago, quickdraw said:

Well there's something that you don't see every day. A shot from the 3pt line on the opposite end of the court.....and swish!

Disappointing way for the Lobos to end the half.  A chance to tie or take the lead, then a turnover leads to that bomb at the buzzer to send them into the half down 5.