Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lawofthejunglenv

#10 Nevada @ Boise State

53 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Define "athletic bigs".

I'm thinking there's only a small handful of truly athletic bigs playing college ball in any given year.

6'11" or over with decent hands, can slam the ball 3+ times a night when getting a rebound or good inside feed, average 10+ rebounds a game and able to protect the rim when gaurds get beat.  A player you run your offense through on a regular basis. Based on past history BSU does not land this type of player. 

1 minute ago, Jalex4141 said:

6'11" or over with decent hands, can slam the ball 3+ times a night when getting a rebound or good inside feed, average 10+ rebounds a game and able to protect the rim when gaurds get beat.  A player you run your offense through on a regular basis. Based on past history BSU does not recruit this type of player. 

Those guys are hard to find.  Getting them to sign is even harder. Keeping them for more than a couple of years is harder still.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

52 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

For some reason, Boise fans are obsessed with this. It's a good thing to have, but it's not necessary to be successful in today's game. 

Nevada lucked into Cam Oliver a couple years ago, he was only 6'8" but kind of fit the bill. Got to enjoy him for 2 years.

Trey Porter is an athletic 6'11" but certainly isn't a player you "run your offense though".

28 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Nevada lucked into Cam Oliver a couple years ago, he was only 6'8" but kind of fit the bill. Got to enjoy him for 2 years.

Trey Porter is an athletic 6'11" but certainly isn't a player you "run your offense though".

For some reason some Boise fans feel it's necessary to have that, but I'll take Nick Fazekas over JeVale McGee all day every day. 

29 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Other than Nick, have we had a big we ran the offense through?

Not JaVale or Pink. You'd probably have to go back to Edgar Jones.

Barack Obama

6 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Faron “Meat” Hand! 

5 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

For some reason some Boise fans feel it's necessary to have that, but I'll take Nick Fazekas over JeVale McGee all day every day. 

Javale was/is a freak athlete, there's not more a few of those guys in the country in any given year.

Fazekas was not a " great athlete" but was an incredible college baller.

3 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Just now, renoskier said:

Javale was/is a freak athlete, there's not more a few of those guys in the country in any given year.

Fazekas was not a " great athlete" but was an incredible college baller.

Hasn't Fazekas made a few million USDA playing in Japan? Pretty big star over there right?  Worse fates could certainly befall a person.

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hasn't Fazekas made a few million USDA playing in Japan? Pretty big star over there right?  Worse fates could certainly befall a person.

Yes, he's a big star over there. I believe he even became a citizen. 

Great player, very skilled, not a great "athlete". That's why he never really had a chance in the NBA. 

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Yes, he's a big star over there. I believe he even became a citizen. 

Great player, very skilled, not a great "athlete".

He’s now on their national team, too.

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think he's done fairly well. He was player of the year or something noteworthy.

He had the best hands I've seen in college ball. But the guy runs like it hurts. 

20 more pounds and he might of had a chance in the NBA. At least for a few years.

Barack Obama

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

He wasn’t. But he was a big by Big West standards

Big like Charles Barkley.....but he couldn't jump.

I think he dunked once...must have been over the back.

Kind of like the point I was making regarding Fazekas, not athletic but still a great ball player. 

8 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I think he's done fairly well. He was player of the year or something noteworthy.

He had the best hands I've seen in college ball. But the guy runs like it hurts. 

20 more pounds and he might of had a chance in the NBA. At least for a few years.

I think it actually did hurt. He had some pretty significant foot issues.

But he was a great college player. I loved watching him play, especially when he and Paul Millsap would go at it.

2 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Big like Charles Barkley.....but he couldn't jump.

I think he dunked once...must have been over the back.

Kind of like the point I was making regarding Fazekas, not athletic but still a great ball player. 

When I was still in school and writing for The Sagebrush, Faron dominated Fresno in that NIT game. A small group of writers were invited into Tark’s office postgame to talk about the game. And Tark starts by deadpanning, “That fat +++++ can really play.”

that pretty much said it all.

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

When I was still in school and writing for The Sagebrush, Faron dominated Fresno in that NIT game. A small group of writers were invited into Tark’s office postgame to talk about the game. And Tark starts by deadpanning, “That fat +++++ can really play.”

that pretty much said it all.

And then we turned around and got whooped at home by Nebraska and the little mother effer Tyrone Lue.:foottap: