Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lawofthejunglenv

#10 Nevada @ Boise State

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Hell, Haney was laying bricks from three feet away from the basket. Preseason I thought this team would struggle to go 0.500 and I still stand by that. They are actually playing better ball than I thought primarily because their defense is much improved. The focus of this year needs to be to continue to improve and prep for next year when we could be pretty good. It will then be an experienced team and with the addition of Bereal and the Oregon transfer a more athletic team. The post is still going to be a weakness though. 

Actually Im enjoying the season even with the losses because this team busts their asses every game win or lose and Alston, Jessup, and Hobbs have their moments when they play really well. Alston is developing into an all league type player. 

Wacker played decent on D but both centers were horrible last night.  I was waiting for Rice to give Williams some time with his back to the basket where he's crafty.  He should be able to hold position on D in a zone. 

I lose no sleep this year.  Like you I never saw this season as remotely promising and the early results cemented it.   Next year I do have expectations. 

14 hours ago, slappy said:

3 is pushing it I think.  They don’t pass the eyeball test for that.  Lose another game or two and they will be 8/9. 

Fortunately, the eyeball test is not one of the metrics they use.  Finish in the top 16 and you have a protected seed.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 hours ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Haven't seen any comments on the true highlight of the night. Mussleman kicking our scorers table in rage.  Dudes hilarious to watch.  For some reason reminds me of Michael J Fox in teen wolf.

I think Michael is a little taller.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

51 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

The top 16 teams get to play close to home.  Hence, a protected seed. It's why the new NET rankings are so important.

Oh. 

The commitee decides the top 16 seeds though.  They definitely use the eyeball test. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

35 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Oh. 

The commitee decides the top 16 seeds though.  They definitely use the eyeball test. 

Nevada obviously passes the eyeball test which is why even east coast voters have been giving them enough votes to be in the top 10 all season. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

Just now, battle.borne said:

Nevada obviously passes the eyeball test which is why even east coast voters have been giving them enough votes to be in the top 10 all season. 

Yeah I'm not saying they don't. I just think the commitee won't seed them as high as their final ranking. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

6 hours ago, Bob said:

That's because he learned to shoot in a trailer park, or so I've been told. All joking aside, it's a wonder that any of his perimeter shots go in with form like that.

Not sure if that was tongue in cheek or not but it's true.  With their struggling single Mom the twins grew up in a trailer.  They're both in graduate school so whatever happens in basketball or life they've done pretty well.

27 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

Not sure if that was tongue in cheek or not but it's true.  With their struggling single Mom the twins grew up in a trailer.  They're both in graduate school so whatever happens in basketball or life they've done pretty well.

the twins seem like nice guys.

have seen them in and around Archie's a few times.

Not hard to spot.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

34 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

You’re late to the party. 

4 hours ago, roughrider said:

Wacker played decent on D but both centers were horrible last night.  I was waiting for Rice to give Williams some time with his back to the basket where he's crafty.  He should be able to hold position on D in a zone. 

I lose no sleep this year.  Like you I never saw this season as remotely promising and the early results cemented it.   Next year I do have expectations. 

I like Boise’s players. That program always has solid talent. I don’t know what ingredient is missing. In some ways it’s like Nevada football.

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

Yeah I'm not saying they don't. I just think the commitee won't seed them as high as their final ranking. 

That is likely. Unfortunately the out of conference schedule has depreciated over time. Who would have anticipated South Dakota State, BYU, Utah and USC would all be having down years in the same year.

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

51 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

That is likely. Unfortunately the out of conference schedule has depreciated over time. Who would have anticipated South Dakota State, BYU, Utah and USC would all be having down years in the same year.

Loyola too!

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

Plus the conference sucking OOC. I think the saving grace is the preseason hype and sweet 16 run last season.