Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lawofthejunglenv

#10 Nevada @ Boise State

3 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

That's all you got? you are nothing more then a fake.you make a long speech about loving others and and respecking people and seeing other options?my English might be bad but you sir are the white on top on shit

Woah. Take a midol and breathe Karen.

30 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The vast majority, likely.  I have met several of the board members here.  Great people.  I even know PH and talk with him weekly.  Good kid.

You know that's a fair assessment. Sports has the tendenancy to bring out our inner territorial knuckle dragging. However, I do believe our frontal lobes will prevail outside of it. I really would like to have a MWC meetup at FB tailgates during conference play. It would be nice to see where others come from.

39 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

The reliance on the 3 is really hard to figure out. 

Caleb's been in a 3pt slump for a long time.  He may have a few games where he's on but he's hit his plateau.  So many close games against average teams does not bode well for the future.  

Just now, NVBlueNeck said:

You know that's a fair assessment. Sports has the tendenancy to bring out our inner territorial knuckle dragging. However, I do believe our frontal lobes will prevail outside of it. I really would like to have a MWC meetup at FB tailgates during conference play. It would be nice to see where others come from.

It's a pretty good time.  Being able to meet others from here has been the highlight of the board experience for me.  Mysfit, 4UNLV, Mugtang, PH, Top25, Hal and others are all good friends of mine now.

24 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

As for Boise, they had a foul to give at the end and could have used it with Martin holding the ball on the perimeter. 

I was thinking the same thing after the game. However it was cody with the ball and not Caleb.  According to our announcers after the game, that was Codys first 3 in mountain West play having missed previous 11.  Probably not a bad play with Alston on him, being a long defender.  Always easy to second guess when it doesn't work. 

42 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Nice job Boise St.!

Caleb played like hot garbage- he sat 1/2 of the game,  and you still didn't get the W.

all B.S aside-- where was that effort in previous Bronco  games I've watched?

Good teams like Nevada has will always get the opponents best effort. The Top 10 target is on your back. Now I hope you understand what Boise State has been dealing with in football the last 15 years. 

Good teams also usually find a way to win tough games like Nevada did tonight. Brace yourself, it’s not going to get any easier. 

Heartbreaking loss. On a good note was the most amped I've seen taco Bell arena in a bit.   Honestly no reason it should have happened.  Jessup had a great looks he's been hitting that shot all night and then to not defend the perimeter was horrible.  

Pack fans is Brown hurt? Or just not breaking roster anymore?

Another comment regarding Nevada. They are not a tall physically dominating super talented team like most top ten teams. Which means Nevada can’t overwhelm teams of similar size. 

Nevada is more of a talented skilled team when on their game can beat anyone. However, if they aren’t clicking on all cylinders and not shooting well will struggle with less talented teams that are playing at high intensity like Boise State tonight. 

For Nevada to do well in the Dance they need a 3-4 seed to get an easier opponent and get through the first round. After that it’s a crap shoot. The remaining 32 teams are all capable of beating each other. You have to be both good and lucky to advance further. 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Another comment regarding Nevada. They are not a tall physically dominating super talented team like most top ten teams. Which means Nevada can’t overwhelm teams of similar size. 

Nevada is more of a talented skilled team when on their game can beat anyone. However, if they aren’t clicking on all cylinders and not shooting well will struggle with less talented teams that are playing at high intensity like Boise State tonight. 

For Nevada to do well in the Dance they need a 3-4 seed to get an easier opponent and get through the first round. After that it’s a crap shoot. The remaining 32 teams are all capable of beating each other. You have to be both good and lucky to advance further. 

Maybe overall but Porter is built and tall. He impressed me physically. Caroline was always big but looks more ripped this year. Looks like a line backer  

9 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

Heartbreaking loss. On a good note was the most amped I've seen taco Bell arena in a bit.   Honestly no reason it should have happened.  Jessup had a great looks he's been hitting that shot all night and then to not defend the perimeter was horrible.  

Credit to Boise they switched things up at half (mainly going zone) got our guys in fouls troubled and probably should have won. Nevada is playing with afire but winning on road is tough.

Also Brown is not hurt. Muss simply doesn’t trust him.

8 minutes ago, jewelz4562000 said:

We have had more than our share of close losses this year including three by one point in the last few seconds. However, I’m encouraged by the improvement I’ve seen in our team this year. Our defense is light years better than it was last year. Hobbs, Jessup, and Alston are developing into solid players. Our two Jucos need to get their games under control to jump us another notch.

I’ve pretty much thrown in the towel this year. We aren’t going anywhere in the post season. However, with the players returning and redshirting we have a very good shot to compete for the MWC championship next year. 

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

However, with the players returning and redshirting we have a very good shot to compete for the MWC championship next year. 

If we can get a decent big to go with the rest of the returning team it would really help. Just doesn't seem to happen to BSU basketball. 

cody +++++ing martin

:frustrated:

What a fun game to watch though.
I thought we played about as well as possible.
I thought Nevada didn't play well.
Hence, it was a close game.
Not impressed with the reffing. They seem to get all the calls they should call. But then threw in a bunch of phantoms.

I know others are not impressed with Nevada but I am. I don't think people understand how strong and quick the Martins are with 6-6 frames. That's pure power coming from the perimeter. It's overwhelming!
And they are wiry compared to Caroline.
Porter had a really nice night.

I am not sure JJ has ever dunked before. That was cool.
Haney was terrible. He probably cost us the game.

Congrats Wolfpack.

Hope we can piss you off at your place.

Just now, Jalex4141 said:

If we can get a decent big to go with the rest of the returning team it would really help. Just doesn't seem to happen to BSU basketball. 

I’ve been saying that for years. It never happens. I’ve given up on it happening. We always get these tall slow guys that are projects. Next year with Jorch and Frazier will be more of the same. 

1 minute ago, slappy said:

They are not a 3 seed.  4-6 seed is where I think they will end up.  

It depends on how they finish. If they only lose another two games they will finish somewhere around 30-3 and I think that will get them no worse than a four seed possibly a three seed. 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve been saying that for years. It never happens. I’ve given up on it happening. We always get these tall slow guys that are projects. Next year with Jorch and Frazier will be more of the same. 

Let's hope Frasier develops. Jorch plays hard but will never be dominant. We have to do something. After next year we are down to one big, Frasier a red shirt sophomore. 

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It depends on how they finish. If they only lose another two games they will finish somewhere around 30-3 and I think that will get them no worse than a four seed possibly a three seed. 

3 is pushing it I think.  They don’t pass the eyeball test for that.  Lose another game or two and they will be 8/9. 

1 hour ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Nice job Boise St.!

Caleb played like hot garbage- he sat 1/2 of the game,  and you still didn't get the W.

all B.S aside-- where was that effort in previous Bronco  games I've watched?

Reality is, Boise didn't play that well and still almost won. They lead the league in fg% and only shot 42% tonight. Also, only hit five 3s on the night. 

Boise had injuries, suspensions, and were incorporating new guys into D-1 college ball to start the season. They are actually playing pretty decent ball recently, but they are really hurting from not having a "go-to" guy. They are 0-7 in single digit games and 0-5 in games decided by 3 or less. They are very close to being a pretty good team, but it hasn't worked out that way. 

Honestly, Hobbs needs to be the guy they go to in the clutch. For better or worse, he can create, get to the basket, and hit the outside shot. This team/coaches just haven't figured out the roles yet. But they are close.