Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lawofthejunglenv

#10 Nevada @ Boise State

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

Fair enough. 

Also, not even mad.  Last year I think Boise had a borderline tournament quality team and suffered from a bad habit of choking, so those losses hurt a lot more than this.  Next year I think Boise could be tournament quality as well.  Best player on the team is RS'ing right now.  If Nevada sweeps us next year too, gunna show you what a real bitch fest looks like!

15 minutes ago, cardrater said:

I don’t know why they don’t make the adjustment where Caroline and Caleb play post. Draw fouls and attack the basket not settle for outside shots. 

The reliance on the 3 is really hard to figure out. 

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

The reliance on the 3 is really hard to figure out. 

Yeah, with Henson and Johnson in is the only way it makes sense. Caleb and Jordan are masters of penetrating into the paint, and Caleb barely even stepped on it tonight.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The 4 new Boise posters on this board all seem like the same guy.  They barely speak English.  

You know I like to mix it up from time to time, but it’s hard to when I can’t understand what he’s trying to say!

2 minutes ago, NVBlueNeck said:

Yeah, with Henson and Johnson in is the only way it makes sense. Caleb and Jordan are masters of penetrating into the paint, and Caleb barely even stepped on it tonight.

Caleb is a better shooter than he’s shown, but part of that is that his shot selection hasn’t been good. He’s so much better if he goes to the rim. Easier said than done against a zone, of course.

we really miss Stephens, who made a zone all but useless. 

1 minute ago, Blue voodoo said:

Can feel that love half.you such a fake ass with your message on the Boise board.

Oh please, I can be embarrassed by consistently horrendous grammar and not have it be personal.  I even pointed out on the Boise board that all our new posters seem to struggle with the written word.  It's a bad look.

1 minute ago, NVBlueNeck said:

You know. Witnessing all of our MWC teams board trash talk in FB and BB, I wonder how many of us would actually get along in REAL life.....

The vast majority, likely.  I have met several of the board members here.  Great people.  I even know PH and talk with him weekly.  Good kid.

Thought something was fishy with such a short number tonight.  Reno really shouldn’t be struggling with New Mex and Boise but they are.  This does not bode well for their run in the tournament.  Turning it on and off is a dangerous game to play.  

Nevada is rugged and talented but their zone offense leaves something to be desired.

As for Boise, they had a foul to give at the end and could have used it with Martin holding the ball on the perimeter.  And for the life of me I'd love to hear Rice explain why Boise was playing man and not Zone on that final possession.

2 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Nevada is rugged and talented but their zone offense leaves something to be desired.

They’ll either figure it out or they’ll be a 7 seed headed to Jacksonville with a few inexplicable losses. I think they’ll be fine, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried about it.

1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

ask the head coach,

Their plan to attack a zone D is for 1 player to try to dribble thru 3.5 opponents.

Sometimes you see the penetrate and kick-out pass....and they have the players to successfully  do that..... but they usually don't.

Caroline should always be in or near the paint -- for a pass in and  and an atempted post-up and then a kick out. But he's on the perimeter....  thinks he's a shooting guard.

And Mussleman is OK with it. (obviously)

cerified_Subarus.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

ask the head coach,

Their plan to attack a zone D is for 1 player to try to dribble thru 3.5 opponents.

Sometimes you see the penetrate and kick-out pass....and they have the players to successfully  do that..... but they usually don't.

Caroline should always be in or near the paint -- for a pass in and  and an atempted post-up and then a kick out. But he's on the perimeter....  thinks he's a shooting guard.

And Mussleman is OK with it. (obviously)

Muss gives a ton of offensive freedom to his teams, which I love, until they struggle against zone after zone.