Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boise fan

Rand Paul is Flying to Canada for Hernia Surgery

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/14/rand-paul-neighbor-attack-canada-surgery/2569965002/

"Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, one of the fiercest political critics of socialized medicine, will travel to Canada later this month to get hernia surgery. "

"He is scheduled to have the outpatient operation at the Shouldice Hernia Hospital in Thornhill, Ontario during the week of Jan. 21, according to documents from Paul's civil lawsuit against Boucher filed in Warren Circuit Court. "

"Shouldice Hernia Hospital markets itself as "the global leader in non-mesh hernia repair," according to the clinic's website."

"Paul, a Republican, often argues for private market solutions to American's health care woes."

"In Canada, medical care is publicly funded and universally provided through the country's Provincial Ministry of Health, and everyone receives the same level of care."

"A spokesman for Paul did not immediately return a request for comment."

Lulz.

This won't alter the BS mindset of many cons on the board, but it really is evidence the rest of the developed world has excellent health care, and that the assertion that America's is the best is nonsense mixed with arrogance and propaganda. 

And it shows how full of shit Libertarians are. Which I've been saying all along.

:D

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Worked closely with Canadians for several years and spent a fair amount of time up there.  Pretty much all of them had private insurance beyond their socialized medicine to allow them into private hospitals because it took so long to get scans etc.  Several of them told me that if they got seriously ill, they'd go to the US and just pay the bill.

Oh, and he is going to a private hospital, not a public one in Canada:
" “This is a private, world-renowned hospital separate from any system and people come from around the world to pay cash for their services,” Paul spokeswoman Kelsey Cooper said in an email Monday."

2 hours ago, nomascows said:

Worked closely with Canadians for several years and spent a fair amount of time up there.  Pretty much all of them had private insurance beyond their socialized medicine to allow them into private hospitals because it took so long to get scans etc.  Several of them told me that if they got seriously ill, they'd go to the US and just pay the bill.

" “This is a private, world-renowned hospital separate from any system and people come from around the world to pay cash for their services,” Paul spokeswoman Kelsey Cooper said in an email Monday."

Bullshit.  Horseshit.  Hogwash.  Nonsense.

This is some of the worst invented crap I've seen.   Paragraph 1 I mean.

Paragraph 2:

Yes Shouldice is a private facility.  Duh.  Only phucktards think service providers in Canada are all owned and operated by the Government.

And yes, OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) covers care there.  Duh.

Spokeswoman Kelsey Cooper is as clueless as any Libertarian on the subject.  Unbelievable.

14 minutes ago, nomascows said:

Then why shouldn't we have the same type of basic care system here?

23 minutes ago, nomascows said:

Almost all of Canada's facilities. Doctors, clinics and hospitals are private.

They have single payer government administered insurance.

7 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Almost all of Canada's facilities. Doctors, clinics and hospitals are private.

They have single payer government administered insurance.

The big draw for several Canadian miners that work in Northern Nevada is the American Health care system.  They will tell you that up front no need to ask at all.

this article is dumb in several ways,  Canada is not paying for Rand Paul's surgeries.  

My brother went to Mexico to have a surgery done.  He spent about 15% of what it would cost him in the US, and he had basic insurance.  

11 minutes ago, pokerider said:

this article is dumb in several ways,  Canada is not paying for Rand Paul's surgeries.  

My brother went to Mexico to have a surgery done.  He spent about 15% of what it would cost him in the US, and he had basic insurance.  

Nope, Canada is not paying for it.  It sounds like the hernia was sustained when his neighbor attacked him and he’s going to go after him for payment.  I don’t know what hernia repair is like in the US.  It would seem that there should be comparable treatment here but the hospital in Canada is “the only licensed hospital in the world dedicated to repairing hernias” according to its website.  It almost feels to me like he’s trying to pile this on to his neighbor’s restitution which is kind of absurd in its own right.  I’d like to see the case for why the repair has to be done at the hospital in Canada as opposed to a US one - since they specialize do they offer something above and beyond what can be done here?

I do laugh at how some folks read into every little thing on this board and try to spin it in favor of their partisan bias.  😂 

v0icAvfW.jpg

49 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

Bullshit.  Horseshit.  Hogwash.  Nonsense.

This is some of the worst invented crap I've seen.   Paragraph 1 I mean.

Paragraph 2:

Yes Shouldice is a private facility.  Duh.  Only phucktards think service providers in Canada are all owned and operated by the Government.

And yes, OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) covers care there.  Duh.

Someone contradicts your hysterics and you call them a liar?  I did not say that all Canadians have private insurance, just the ones I worked with.  Keep telling yourself that you have it all figured out.

41 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Then why shouldn't we have the same type of basic care system here?

Things are the way they are because there are people making a lot of money the way things are and they have bought the right politicians to keep it coming.  Society pays the bills one way or another, I just get tired of liberals going on about how wonderful socialized medicine is without talking about the downside/cost/taxes associated with it.

29 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

It almost feels to me like he’s trying to pile this on to his neighbor’s restitution which is kind of absurd in its own right.  I’d like to see the case for why the repair has to be done at the hospital in Canada as opposed to a US one - since they specialize do they offer something above and beyond what can be done here?

The neighbor deserves to be piled on.

110926run_defense710.jpg

30 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I do laugh at how some folks read into every little thing on this board and try to spin it in favor of their partisan bias.  😂 

It's laughable indeed.

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 minute ago, modestobulldog said:

The neighbor deserves to be piled on.

Yes, but it’s a stretch IMO to say that a hernia repair needs to be done in Canada and he has to pay for it - assuming with travel, etc it will be the far more expensive option.  I bet the lawyers have fun battling that one out.

v0icAvfW.jpg

40 minutes ago, nomascows said:

Someone contradicts your hysterics and you call them a liar?  I did not say that all Canadians have private insurance, just the ones I worked with.  Keep telling yourself that you have it all figured out.

Hey when someone suggests that Canadians don't understand their own health care, like your "friends" apparently don't, and that they parrot the misnomers and bullshit you're peddling? 

Yep, that's horseshit.

Here's a little info - no Canadian is going to state they bought supplementary insurance for "private hospitals" over "public".  That screams you don't know what you're talking about, don't understand the system in Canada and are just parroting the bullshit you've been fed.  Attributing that to actual Canadians?  GTFO.

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

Who suggested Canada was going to pay for his surgery?  Why they hell should they?  Is Paul a Canadian citizen? 

Geez people here have zero clue.