Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

2019 MWC Baseball.

We have been having really unusual weather for the last couple of weeks. It was snowing up in Truckee earlier this week. 

However there have been times where they have predicted rain in the last two weeks and nothing happened. So we will see.

6 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Nevada eliminates SDSU 6-4. Aztecs were defending champions.

Bulldogs vs Rebels game is up next!

First time since 2011 I believe that the winner of the tournament will not be New Mexico or San Diego ST

13 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

These MWC baseball tourney games are on channel 90 (Stadium) on Cox Cable - Sort of blurry and probably not top quality but there's no streaming issues 

I'm just so happy not stream 

Cal Poly wins game two 4-3 over UCSB, effectively costing UCSB a national seed. Last game of the series will decide the Big West crown.

well @CPslograd , you got a dilemma.  Cal Poly's one win away from an NCAA bid.  But that likely takes an at-large away from somebody.  UCSB is in no matter what, UCI is right there.  Fresno, if they don't win the MW Tourney??

48 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Why is the start time 8:55pm on Stadium now? Are they really starting that late? 

There have been some thunderstorms that have rolled through the area off and on since the conclusion of the SDSU/Nevada game this afternoon. That is why there has been a delay. We have had two pretty good downpours with them rolling through. 

39 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Cal Poly wins game two 4-3 over UCSB, effectively costing UCSB a national seed. Last game of the series will decide the Big West crown.

well @CPslograd , you got a dilemma.  Cal Poly's one win away from an NCAA bid.  But that likely takes an at-large away from somebody.  UCSB is in no matter what, UCI is right there.  Fresno, if they don't win the MW Tourney??

I think we have to wait for the third game but UCSB is choking.

7 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

I think we have to wait for the third game but UCSB is choking.

All that good work swept away in two days

In the AAC, 8 seed Wichita State eliminates the regular season champs East Carolina. Both of ECU's tourney losses were to the Shockers.

I remember going to Fresno state baseball games back in the day. Never will forget how monstrous judge looked on the field. You could just tell this dude was going to be incredible. Seeing all 6’6” of him irl was nuts. Dude looked like an mlb player out there. Sugar bear would always chant “here comes the judge” when he came up to bat. 

Kinda miss going to games at Biden field. I’ll catch the dogs when they’re in town down here in SD but it isn’t the same.

27 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

In the AAC, 8 seed Wichita State eliminates the regular season champs East Carolina. Both of ECU's tourney losses were to the Shockers.

The shockers were a power under Stetphson. So it doesn't surprise me that they've pulled through