Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

2019 MWC Baseball.

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Not according to this. 

0E711944-33EC-48B7-A7D4-494C2F3937E0.jpeg

Correct, Fresno plays Reno on Thursday.

I hate conference tourneys for one bid leagues.  Fresno's RPI is into the 30's now, but man, there is still damn near no room for error.  A couple losses to a high RPI team would kill them.

The Big West is smart not to do the tourney, nothing good comes from it.  It tires out your pitching too.

1 hour ago, CPslograd said:

Correct, Fresno plays Reno on Thursday.

I hate conference tourneys for one bid leagues.  Fresno's RPI is into the 30's now, but man, there is still damn near no room for error.  A couple losses to a high RPI team would kill them.

The Big West is smart not to do the tourney, nothing good comes from it.  It tires out your pitching too.

I agree. I wish we would follow suit. 

Yup, we won two regular season titles and lost in the tourney both times. I still think we shouldn’t have the conference tourney even in years we don’t win the title. 

Rest in pieces Spartans.:facepalm:

trainwreck GIF 

1 hour ago, brillio said:

Yup, we won two regular season titles and lost in the tourney both times. I still think we shouldn’t have the conference tourney even in years we don’t win the title. 

I feel the same way about basketball, although I get that's a little different because there is money involved with corporate sponsors and all that.  Plus the exposure of the tourney in Vegas.

Final MWC Standings:

x-Fresno St       20-8-1    35-14-1    --    
San Diego St    16-13      32-23      4.5    
UNLV                14-16      27-27      7.0    
Nevada             14-16      29-24      7.0
Air Force          12-14      26-26       7.0    
San Jose St     13-17      20-34       8.0        
New Mexico    11-16-1   23-28-1    8.5

Thursday May 23rd:

UNLV vs. San Diego St

Nevada vs. Fresno St

Friday May 24th:

UNLV/SDSU Loser vs. Nev/FSU Loser

UNLV/SDSU Winner vs. Nev/FSU Winner

Saturday May 25th:

Game 3 Winner vs. Game 4 Loser

Game 5 Winner vs. Game 4 Winner

Sunday May 26th:

If Necessary

UCSB sweeps Hawaii 3-0 to clinch at least a share of the Big West title.  One win vs Cal Poly will give them the crown outright and the NCAA auto bid.

Cal Poly wins 2 of 3 over UC Riverside and is now tied for 2nd with UC Irvine.  Cal Poly needs to sweep their series at UCSB to win the auto bid.

UCI sweeps UC Davis but cannot win the auto bid.  UCI is still projected to earn an at-large bid.

Some baseball rankings news:

Fresno St #25 by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper; Fresno St #23 by Baseball America

UCSB #4 by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper; #12 by Baseball America

BYU #30 by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper; #24 by Baseball America

12 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

UCSB sweeps Hawaii 3-0 to clinch at least a share of the Big West title.  One win vs Cal Poly will give them the crown outright and the NCAA auto bid.

Cal Poly wins 2 of 3 over UC Riverside and is now tied for 2nd with UC Irvine.  Cal Poly needs to sweep their series at UCSB to win the auto bid.

UCI sweeps UC Davis but cannot win the auto bid.  UCI is still projected to earn an at-large bid.

Fullerton is also currently at .500; they need to take 2 of 3 against Northridge to avoid a losing season.

Just now, crixus said:

Yup and that was after they gave up 18 runs at the game I went to yesterday. Kind of interesting, give up 18 runs yesterday and then turn around today and gets 25