Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

2019 MWC Baseball.

21 hours ago, crixus said:

The Spartans need a sports psychologist. Some schools have them but I doubt SJSU does. They'd better hire one before the MW tourney because they're sinking fast.:fish:

Last week I did mention that San Jose really needed to win that series against Fresno St otherwise would could see a spiraling end to San Jose's season. All the signs were there of this happening but I think if they could have won that Fresno series it could have shifted things. But at this point San Jose is in a free fall.

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

When you're done with that psychologist, please send them our way.

UCSB is fine, they were bound to have a series like they are having against Riverside. Happens during a season. I don't see UCSB having the tailspin that SJSU is having right now

14 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Last week I did mention that San Jose really needed to win that series against Fresno St otherwise would could see a spiraling end to San Jose's season. All the signs were there of this happening but I think if they could have won that Fresno series it could have shifted things. But at this point San Jose is in a free fall.

Free fall? It's a nose dive! The Spartans lost again today (Sunday) to Nicholls State 10-7. That's ten losses in a row. And their next game is tomorrow against Oregon.

2 hours ago, crixus said:

Free fall? It's a nose dive! The Spartans lost again today (Sunday) to Nicholls State 10-7. That's ten losses in a row. And their next game is tomorrow against Oregon.

It's a free fall. That series against Fresno was important. However at this point, there is still a decent chance they make the conference tournament

Fresno St             12-7-1       26-13-1     --

San Jose St          12-9       18-26     1.0

San Diego St       11-9       26-19     1.5

UNLV                    12-12     25-20     2.5

Nevada                11-13     24-20     3.5

Air Force              9-13       19-23     4.5

New Mexico      8-12-1       19-23-1     4.5

April 29th:

Oregon @ San Jose St

April 30th:

Cal Poly @ Fresno St                                       UC-Davis @ Nevada

Grand Canyon @ New Mexico                   Kansas @ Air Force

UNLV @ Riverside

May 1st:

May 3-5:

Fresno St @ Nevada                                       Air Force @ New Mexico

San Jose St @ San Diego St                          UNLV @ Houston

4 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

It's a free fall. That series against Fresno was important. However at this point, there is still a decent chance they make the conference tournament

The Spartans slide goes back even further. They were swept at Michigan and at Northwestern and lost one at USF, after winning 2 out of 3 in Fresno back in March. And they've gone 4-17 ever since. I hope they make the MW tourney, fingers crossed. 

17 hours ago, crixus said:

The Spartans slide goes back even further. They were swept at Michigan and at Northwestern and lost one at USF, after winning 2 out of 3 in Fresno back in March. And they've gone 4-17 ever since. I hope they make the MW tourney, fingers crossed. 

For SJSU it could come down to the Nevada vs. San Jose St series in two weeks. If somehow can play .500 until then, they could reach the tourney

Here is some updated standings and the upcoming week. I have included how many conference games are left for each team.

Fresno St             12-7-1   26-13-1                 (9)

San Jose St          12-9       18-26     1.0          (9)

San Diego St       11-9       26-19     1.5          (9)

UNLV                    12-12     25-20     2.5          (6)

Nevada                11-13     24-20     3.5          (6)

Air Force              9-13       19-23     4.5          (6)

New Mexico      8-12-1   19-23-1      4.5          (9)

April 29th:

Oregon @ San Jose St

April 30th:

UNLV @ Riverside

May 1st:

May 3-5:

Great story unfolding in the minors. AF grad Griffen Jax was granted a designation as a world athlete as he strives for inclusion on the Olympic baseball team. With that he is playing for a minor league affiliate as he was drafted in 2016 after his junior year at the Academy which saw him forgo his senior year playing but he did graduate and get commission as an officer. Went into his normal active-duty roll and then granted the world class athlete position. He is doing extremely well as this tweet will show.

Here is more in depth in before this more current tweet

Here is more inept info as he was the US Air Forces Male athlete of the year in 2018. https://goairforcefalcons.com/news/2019/4/2/baseball-griffin-jax-named-air-force-male-athlete-of-the-year.aspx

..GO FALCONS..

It's a miracle! San Jose State broke a ten game losing streak today. :cheer:

4 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Here is some updated standings and the upcoming week. I have included how many conference games are left for each team.

Fresno St             12-7-1   26-13-1                 (9)

San Jose St          12-9       18-26     1.0          (9)

San Diego St       11-9       26-19     1.5          (9)

UNLV                    12-12     25-20     2.5          (6)

Nevada                11-13     24-20     3.5          (6)

Air Force              9-13       19-23     4.5          (6)

New Mexico      8-12-1   19-23-1      4.5          (9)

April 29th:

Oregon @ San Jose St

April 30th:

UNLV @ Riverside

May 1st:

May 3-5:

The MW isn't very good considering all the games SJSU has lost over the past five weeks and they're only one game back of first place. I can't believe were still in it. :shrug:

1 hour ago, crixus said:

The MW isn't very good considering all the games SJSU has lost over the past five weeks and they're only one game back of first place. I can't believe were still in it. :shrug:

During that 10 game losing streak they only lost 5 MWC games and remember when it started they were two or three games up on everyone. That cushion that is probably what is keeping them in the race right now

Vote breakdown for the failed proposal to add 3rd paid assistant coach.  36 votes no, 25 yes and 3 abstentions.  The BW, AAC, MWC and WCC all voted no.  The B1G, which also said no, had eight votes.

https://d1baseball.com/analysis/vote-tally-for-failed-third-coach-legislation-revealed/

UC Santa Barbara sits atop the ouch list for week 11 after losing their first series of the year at UC Riverside.  Still ranked, but no longer considered in the mix to host.

https://d1baseball.com/analysis/the-ouch-list-week-11/

14 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Vote breakdown for the failed proposal to add 3rd paid assistant coach.  36 votes no, 25 yes and 3 abstentions.  The BW, AAC, MWC and WCC all voted no.  The B1G, which also said no, had eight votes.

https://d1baseball.com/analysis/vote-tally-for-failed-third-coach-legislation-revealed/

With how far apart the votes I don't see it passing soon if brought up again.

12 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

UC Santa Barbara sits atop the ouch list for week 11 after losing their first series of the year at UC Riverside.  Still ranked, but no longer considered in the mix to host.

https://d1baseball.com/analysis/the-ouch-list-week-11/

I think UCSB should get a clap on the back for not having a series until now