Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

2019 MWC Baseball.

6 hours ago, crixus said:

UCSB's top 10 ranking and #4 RPI is likely the ceiling this year.  Our remaining schedule is deadweight which will drag the RPI down.  Just have to keep winning series.

33 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

no Arizona in top 25.... (ex Pack manager  Jay Johnson)

He has actually been doing worse at Arizona as the years have gone on.

2016--49 wins and college world series runner up finished 3rd in Pac 12

2017--38 wins and went to the regional finished 4th in Pac 12

2018--34 wins stayed home finished 6th in Pac 12

2019--18 wins so far and currently 7th in the Pac 12

2 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

UCSB's top 10 ranking and #4 RPI is likely the ceiling this year.  Our remaining schedule is deadweight which will drag the RPI down.  Just have to keep winning series.

Congratulations on cracking the NCAA Top 10. Your guys knocked UC Irvine out of the top 25 as well.

14 minutes ago, crixus said:

Congratulations on cracking the NCAA Top 10. Your guys knocked UC Irvine out of the top 25 as well.

Irvine is still in the Top 25; they are #24 in Collegiate Baseball Newspaper and #21 by Baseball america

23 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Irvine is still in the Top 25; they are #24 in Collegiate Baseball Newspaper and #21 by Baseball america

I was going by the NCAA Top 25 where UCI dropped out. https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/d1baseballcom-top-25

2 minutes ago, crixus said:

I was going by the NCAA Top 25 where UCI dropped out. https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseball/d1/d1baseballcom-top-25

That site actually lists all the Top 25 lists, if you go to the drop down menu they have Baseball America, Collegiate Baseball, D1Baseball.com rankings and others there. Including RPI rankings

42 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

That site actually lists all the Top 25 lists, if you go to the drop down menu they have Baseball America, Collegiate Baseball, D1Baseball.com rankings and others there. Including RPI rankings

Thanks! :rock:

Our OOC game woes continue. It's St. Mary's 9 SJSU 0, top of the fifth inning. :huh:

14 minutes ago, crixus said:

Our OOC game woes continue. It's St. Mary's 9 SJSU 0, top of the fifth inning. :huh:

Go figure

2 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Go figure

I quit trying to figure 'em out, just hoping they'll continue to win MW games. Were still in first place, but the lead slipped a bit after the UNLV series. 

2 hours ago, crixus said:

I quit trying to figure them out, just hoping they'll continue to win MW games. Were still in first place, but the lead slipped a bit after the UNLV series. 

Small consolation, but we lost to Saint Mary's too.  It happens.

Good news is you turn right back around for a home series vs Fresno.  No time to mope after this one.

13 minutes ago, crixus said:

I quit trying to figure 'em out, just hoping they'll continue to win MW games. Were still in first place, but the lead slipped a bit after the UNLV series. 

Tough weekend series this weekend, they really need to win two of three or they could really start sliding