Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Where is UNR Ned?

Seriously, what the hell happened to UNR Ned @thelawlorfaithful Flanders? Is he just taking a break from the board or has something bad happened? Looks like he last visited back in November. I'm concerned ... 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

He'll be back in 27 years to feast on our children.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Seriously, what the hell happened to UNR Ned @thelawlorfaithful Flanders? Is he just taking a break from the board or has something bad happened? Looks like he last visited back in November. I'm concerned ... 

On his profile it says he will be away for a bit but will be back.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

40 minutes ago, mugtang said:

On his profile it says he will be away for a bit but will be back.  

Ah, I didn’t see that. Perhaps he’s trying to deal with his PTSD from the Emoji Wars ...? :shrug:

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Ah, I didn’t see that. Perhaps he’s trying to deal with his PTSD from the Emoji Wars ...? :shrug:

That’s a good possibility. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Awww, my favorite tea-swilling, crumpet scarfing, ninny Masshole noticed my absence. I’m touched.

Yes fellers I’ve been away and may be for some time. My personal life ran aground and I’ve needed to step back for a bit and rebuild. I still do a little bit of lurking but my heart just isn’t it to do battle on the board. Maybe the world has humbled me, maybe it’s the medication. I hope you’re all well and had a happy holiday season. I wish you’d be a little nicer to each other while you’re at it but oh well. This is the land of the wolves.

I’ll be back when I’m right again. Be well.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

31 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Awww, my favorite tea-swilling, crumpet scarfing, ninny Masshole noticed my absence. I’m touched.

Yes fellers I’ve been away and may be for some time. My personal life ran aground and I’ve needed to step back for a bit and rebuild. I still do a little bit of lurking but my heart just isn’t it to do battle on the board. Maybe the world has humbled me, maybe it’s the medication. I hope you’re all well and had a happy holiday season. I wish you’d be a little nicer to each other while you’re at it but oh well. This is the land of the wolves.

Glad to hear from you. I hope things get turned around in your personal life. Take care, and we look forward to your return. :)

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

FWIW, you have been a bright spot for myself when going through hard times in the past.  When I needed a good distraction from life, your posts and musings were a comfort.  I consider myself more well read and a more open thinker for having gotten to know you.

Be well my friend.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Image result for top gun gif

Get well soon

image.jpeg.d8d608da6dcaf6b0f3e0dda00d004037.jpeg

10 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I know we’ve traded smack a lot over the years, but all that stuff is just for fun and has no importance in comparison with our real world lives. I think it’s a smart move to avoid the board if you need a clear head. I’ve had my own challenges in my personal and work life being sick with late stage Lyme for so many years, so I can relate. Anyway, good luck. I’m sure you’ll do just fine. 👍

kat.jpg

14 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Happy to hear you’re okay Ned. When you’re ready, we can go sweater shopping. 

lawlor, whatever you are going through, I hope it turns out good.  I have been spending too much time online, not enough time as I should with family and in gym.  Been making adjustments too.

110926run_defense710.jpg

16 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

lawlor, whatever you are going through, I hope it turns out good.  I have been spending too much time online, not enough time as I should with family and in gym.  Been making adjustments too.

I’ve cut back a ton on pissing away time with pissing matches. If I can find something quick, fine. Except for maybe a rare exception, I don’t spend hours of time researching all kinds of topics like I used to just to win an argument. Of course, then they’ll say that I’m wrong when I don’t post a novel of proof, or that I can’t win arguments and am therefore a punching bag. Fine, they can think that 24/7 if they want. I really don’t care. What I do care about is my regular life with family and friends and other things like skiing or writing music and recording it. Those are the hours that I don’t want to give up. 

kat.jpg

18 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I miss you scoundrels. Hope you’re all doing well. I’ll be around a bit more often.

Sweet!!!! So does this mean we can meet at SweaterWorld and eat at Olive Garden tomorrow?

ugly-christmas-sweaters-2.jpg?w=640&h=1&