Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndroidAggie

why do you want a southern border wall?

7 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

The republicans have tried.

The democrats have promised in their campaigns and then opposed it when introduced by republicans and refused to even introduce immigration legislation in 2009 and 2010 when they controlled all parts of government.   

Good lord you are a dolt.

Blues, if you can't not be an asshole to people explicitly agreeing with you, I don't really see a point to you being on this board at all.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Border Security that is non-functional, and in function allows for easy access for non-citizens to enter the US, and stay indefinitely.

Also, an elimination of immigration enforcement agencies, like ICE. 

No one has called for the elimination of all enforcement agencies.

Some have said they would like ICE to be replaced. ICE was created in response to 9/11 and replaced the INS.

I don't know what the real difference is, or why some think one is better than the other. 

22 hours ago, renoskier said:

No one has called for the elimination of all enforcement agencies.

Some have said they would like ICE to be replaced. ICE was created in response to 9/11 and replaced the INS.

I don't know what the real difference is, or why some think one is better than the other. 

I think by eliminating Ice and replacing it with INS an agency with no enforcement arm that is exactly what you are doing.

The people that live there don’t seem to want it.. The mayors of the 3 biggest border towns are against it. Large quantities of drugs don’t come through the open areas. On their twitter page from a year ago, the BP said the problem won’t stop until people on the US side stop hiring illegal immigrants. 

Besides all that, I just don’t understand why Trump supporters are fine with him shutting down the government for a wall that Mexico was going to pay for. Or why Trump didn’t do this when Republicans controlled every branch of government.

2 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

The people that live there don’t seem to want it.. The mayors of the 3 biggest border towns are against it. Large quantities of drugs don’t come through the open areas. On their twitter page from a year ago, the BP said the problem won’t stop until people on the US side stop hiring illegal immigrants. 

Besides all that, I just don’t understand why Trump supporters are fine with him shutting down the government for a wall that Mexico was going to pay for. Or why Trump didn’t do this when Republicans controlled every branch of government.

The democratic mayors of 3 border towns are against it.  They would be against mana from heaven if Trump was for it.

Why would Trump supporters care about shutting down the government.  It doesn't affect them, probably hasn't affect you unless you are one of those workers and then you would vote against Trump either way.  Trump is gaining votes from this, his base will go nuts when he wins this a month from now.