Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thatsmymammy

SDSU VS AF

Won 60-57 in 2017.   Today held SDSU to only 14pts in 1st half.  Maybe hardest we have run the offense that I have seen in a couple years and equally aggressive on defense.... kind of trying to make up about how badly they played last week at CSU. Jim Arthur said post game Thursday and Friday were two of the hardest practices they've had this year

..GO FALCONS..

42 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That's surprising. This has to be Dutcher's last year, right? 

I’m guessing it depends on how they finish the season. If they continue like they are playing now he is skating on awful thin ice. Next year they are going to be a very inexperienced team. If McDaniels leaves they are basically starting over again. 

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m guessing it depends on how they finish the season. If they continue like they are playing now he is skating on awful thin ice. Next year they are going to be a very inexperienced team. If McDaniels leaves they are basically starting over again. 

Yeah, if McDaniels leaves, there isn't very much coming back. 

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

Often you don't see immediate degradation after a coach like Fisher departs.  The culture maintains a momentum for a while but as we can see it appears the change has caught up and Dutcher does not seem to be a head coach. Like Rice after Kruger.

Having been in attendance, I will say that the team's motivation during the MWC tournament last March was the polar opposite of what I've seen most of the time this year.

That's on the coaching staff IMO.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, ltcpilot said:

Won 60-57 in 2017.   Today held SDSU to only 14pts in 1st half.  Maybe hardest we have run the offense that I have seen in a couple years and equally aggressive on defense.... kind of trying to make up about how badly they played last week at CSU. Jim Arthur said post game Thursday and Friday were two of the hardest practices they've had this year

Your team absolutely always puts out 100% effort and that's great. However, with respect, you need to be realistic that the Aztecs showed zero motivation throughout the game.

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Your team absolutely always puts out 100% effort and that's great. However, with respect, you need to be realistic that the Aztecs showed zero motivation throughout the game.

Air Force is a tough out in Clune if you don't come to play.  I didn't watch the game because I was in Moby watching CSU throttle UNM but I was a bit surprised that AFA took SDSU to the woodshed after getting dismantled in Fort Collins on Tuesday.  I know some members of the CSU staff were happy for Air Force because they really like Coach Pilipovich.

35 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

So what's your point?  Take NOTHING away from SDSU and give nothing to Air Force?   If they (SDSU) couldn't get 'up' for the game that is on them and takes nothing from the Falcons as shown by holding them to only 14 points in the 1st half (shocked me).  How do you have 'zero motivation' in a conference game?  You do that it speaks to not just coaching but immaturity from the players and maybe even a 'snowflake' attitude of 'We're better than you so we won't have to work this 40 minutes, we'll save it for the next game'. 

Just saying IMHO.  And I did see effort from them, but they did not anticipate the same or more effort from the Falcons.  Just an AF fan point of view.  Our challenge now is to do it two games in a row at home.  We'll see on Wednesday night.  As bas as we lost to CSU in our last game it was interesting to see them win over NM by almost the same margin but not quite (23 over AF and 16 over NM). 

GO FALCONS

..GO FALCONS..

7 minutes ago, ltcpilot said:

So what's your point?  Take NOTHING away from SDSU and give nothing to Air Force?   If they (SDSU) couldn't get 'up' for the game that is on them and takes nothing from the Falcons as shown by holding them to only 14 points in the 1st half (shocked me).  How do you have 'zero motivation' in a conference game?  You do that it speaks to not just coaching but immaturity from the players and maybe even a 'snowflake' attitude of 'We're better than you so we won't have to work this 40 minutes, we'll save it for the next game'. 

Just saying IMHO.  And I did see effort from them, but they did not anticipate the same or more effort from the Falcons.  Just an AF fan point of view.  Our challenge now is to do it two games in a row at home.  We'll see on Wednesday night.  As bas as we lost to CSU in our last game it was interesting to see them win over NM by almost the same margin but not quite (23 over AF and 16 over NM). 

GO FALCONS

CSU was up 25 on UNM when the bench was emptied.  I actually think it was a more dominating night win than the one over Air Force the other night.  But enough about CSU.  Kudos to Air Force for doing a 180 and scoring a great win.  Holding any team to 14 points in a half is extraordinary.

2 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

CSU was up 25 on UNM when the bench was emptied.  I actually think it was a more dominating night win than the one over Air Force the other night.  But enough about CSU.  Kudos to Air Force for doing a 180 and scoring a great win.  Holding any team to 14 points in a half is extraordinary.

I didn't know that about the NM game.  My Dad and I were just discussing how NM is a strange team....beat Nevada like they did the lose 2 in a row as they did with UNLV being at the Pit.  Thanks for kind words about AF.  A different team today.....energy wise and we got points from the backcourt while playing defense.  What a concept.  Here's the CSprings Gazette summary of the game https://gazette.com/sports/air-force-upsets-san-diego-state-behind-gritty-defense-work/article_913e73ba-16c9-11e9-96ba-fbfc53a89981.html

..GO FALCONS..

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

They should get to work on a secret deal with Pitino. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, ltcpilot said:

GO FALCONS

I REALLY hope you don't..Your team looked good today, and I never like it when the rebs have to play at Clune.

19 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

They should get to work on a secret deal with Pitino. 

You shut your mouth!

2 hours ago, ltcpilot said:

GO FALCONS

I wasn't trying to take anything away from your team, simply to point out the Aztecs were just going through the motions with zero e-motion.

With double-digit losses to Brown, USD, Boise and AFA and a loss at Cal, the worst team in the P12 who we once beat five consecutive times, SDSU basketball is now officially in deep, deep shit. If I knew such a season finish would motivate a big bucks alum to open his wallet to buy out Dutcher, I'd root for us to lose out.

Boom goes the dynamite.

14 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I wasn't trying to take anything away from your team, simply to point out the Aztecs were just going through the motions with zero e-motion.

With double-digit losses to Brown, USD, Boise and AFA and a loss at Cal, the worst team in the P12 who we once beat five consecutive times, SDSU basketball is now officially in deep, deep shit. If I knew such a season finish would motivate a big bucks alum to open his wallet to buy out Dutcher, I'd root for us to lose out.

Just don't wait another 3 more seasons like UNLV did with Rice. Another 3 years and then leave an empty cupboard where the new coach basically is recruiting 24 hour fitness to fill a roster for year 1.  Plus fandom goes down the toilet and then zero patience for a rebuild because it has been 6 years since a postseason appearance.

All is well, For Rice is gone.