I haven't previously bought in to the head coach in waiting is stupid philosophy but am quickly becoming convinced.

Air Force has 8 - EIGHT! - offensive rebounds in the first half. The Aztecs may be better than Wyoming this year and maybe also SAN!!! but that's it. We suck.

Add this: SDSU's football offense and its basketball head coach have the same demeanor as SDSU's new athletic director: boooooooooooring.

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Flat out, this is unacceptable.

However the upside is that when we suck so much that our games aren't broadcast on a legitimate network, we get plenty of opportunity to see that Volvo commercial. :banana:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

However the upside is that when we suck so much that our games aren't broadcast on a legitimate network, we get plenty of opportunity to see that Volvo commercial. :banana:

I am catching up on American Horror Story.  I may watch when it is a home game.  Only time it seems like anyone in the black and red gives a damn.

Well, good for AFA, but it's kind of sad to see the Aztecs like this.

Are the Aztecs fighting the flu or something?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

There's no way this roster should be playing this badly.  Feels like UNLV 2-6 years ago.

• Like 1

Dagger. 

Just now, toonkee said:

There's no way this roster should be playing this badly.  Feels like UNLV 2-6 years ago.

I edited, wondering if they were maybe not feeling well? Have they said anything? I've been wandering in and out..

Often you don't see immediate degradation after a coach like Fisher departs.  The culture maintains a momentum for a while but as we can see it appears the change has caught up and Dutcher does not seem to be a head coach. Like Rice after Kruger.

• Like 1

Congrats to AFA, looked good in what I saw of the second half.

Hopefully UNLV does a better job there on Wednesday than the Aztecs just did.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't think Dutch is your answer. Three big brand MW teams with questionable HCs.

SDSU has too many guys playing hero ball. Watson is the worst followed by Mitchell and Hemsley. Then MCDaniels. Shakel is the only team player. Shakel is also the only one that plays good defense. See a correlation there. 

That's surprising. This has to be Dutcher's last year, right? 

24 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Are the Aztecs fighting the flu or something?

Medicine on the way.

Lobos at Viejas on Tuesday.

I saw a comment a couple years ago when Jeremy said no one on the team thought of UNLV as a rival.  Right then, I believed that something was not right in the locker room.  No way is a team that out of touch with fans, prior players, or team history to make a comment as casually as he did.  And I think that is a big problem.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That's surprising. This has to be Dutcher's last year, right? 

My hope is that Fisher isn't behind the scenes stumping for his friend.  Even he has to see that things aren't working, but he is a loyal guy, and we want to be loyal to him.

When’s the last time afa beat SDSU?