Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

A message of love, from halfman.

We walk through this plane just once, we have once chance to touch as many lives as possible. One shot. We owe a debt of gratitude for the miracle of our creation, and the best way to repay that is to act with a positive intent in all things.
Keep that positive intent in your heart, look outward instead of inward to gain a sense of pride. Love your neighbor, true love for them. Do that and I firmly believe happiness follows. True love for your neighbor is more than just a kind gesture in passing, it is a feeling you have for them, deep down. That feeling creates an energy, that energy can and does build upon itself. The creed "I am third" comes to mind. I am third. My God is first, my neighbors second, I am third. love in that order brings both a sense of pride, and stillness in an existence that can become overwhelming.

In the chaos of this world, and as we banter back and forth on this board, remember, love is key.  Let's be open to one another while still remaining passionate.  Before you insult somebody for their opinion, take the high road and ask them to engage in a conversation.  Assume good intention.  Debate fiercely and be open to the fact a fierce opinion will likely be challenged in kind.  

Now I know that may have sounded a little religious, but take the intent.  Love you all.

This is good stuff. I hope all is well with you. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

15 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We walk through this plane just once, we have once chance to touch as many lives as possible. One shot. We owe a debt of gratitude for the miracle of our creation, and the best way to repay that is to act with a positive intent in all things.
Keep that positive intent in your heart, look outward instead of inward to gain a sense of pride. Love your neighbor, true love for them. Do that and I firmly believe happiness follows. True love for your neighbor is more than just a kind gesture in passing, it is a feeling you have for them, deep down. That feeling creates an energy, that energy can and does build upon itself. The creed "I am third" comes to mind. I am third. My God is first, my neighbors second, I am third. love in that order brings both a sense of pride, and stillness in an existence that can become overwhelming.

In the chaos of this world, and as we banter back and forth on this board, remember, love is key.  Let's be open to one another while still remaining passionate.  Before you insult somebody for their opinion, take the high road and ask them to engage in a conversation.  Assume good intention.  Debate fiercely and be open to the fact a fierce opinion will likely be challenged in kind.  

Now I know that may have sounded a little religious, but take the intent.  Love you all.

Shit man. This seems worrisome.

4 hours ago, jackmormon said:

Shit man. This seems worrisome.

Nah. I usually say stuff like that after 6-8 beers. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

38 minutes ago, Jackrabbit said:

I know it is a hard concept for you but one can have internal peace.....without the govt. 

There are folks on this board that would rather hate than discuss...I actually feel bad for them. 

Yeah, I was obviously talking about the government.

Guest #1Stunner
On 1/11/2019 at 9:02 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Well said.

God Bless us....every one of us.   Even @jackmormon and the Wyoming Cowboys fans.

And as the old Christmas Carol states:

And in despair I bowed my head;
"There is no peace on earth," I said; 
"For hate is strong,
And mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!"

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep; 
The Wrong shall fail,
The Right prevail,
With peace on earth, good-will to men."