Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

On 1/6/2020 at 7:31 PM, Joe from WY said:

This convention is going to be brokered.

As in Bloomberg's going to try to buy everybody else's delegates.

Who knows. Since the guy has more money than God, it just might work.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Bloomberg ads were on TV nonstop in Cocoa Beach while I was there recently, and then in both Denver and Montana. It was crazy. Dude is just laying siege to the airwaves.

18 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Bloomberg ads were on TV nonstop in Cocoa Beach while I was there recently, and then in both Denver and Montana. It was crazy. Dude is just laying siege to the airwaves.

He’s skipping Nevada so I haven’t seen any. Is he attacking anyone or just peppering his name every 15 minutes?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Finish her Bernie!

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/11/bernie-quietly-goes-negative-on-warren-097594

DES MOINES, Iowa — The non-aggression pact between Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren is seriously fraying.

Sanders’ campaign has begun stealthily attacking Warren as a candidate of the upper crust who could not expand the Democratic base in a general election, according to talking points his campaign is using to persuade voters obtained by POLITICO.

The script instructs Sanders volunteers to tell voters leaning toward the Massachusetts senator that the “people who support her are highly-educated, more affluent people who are going to show up and vote Democratic no matter what” and that “he's bringing no new bases into the Democratic Party.”

“I like Elizabeth Warren. [optional]” the script begins. “In fact, she’s my second choice. But here’s my concern about her.” It then pivots to the criticisms of Warren.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/9/2020 at 10:34 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

He’s skipping Nevada so I haven’t seen any. Is he attacking anyone or just peppering his name every 15 minutes?

I saw some Bloomberg ads on Saturday and Sunday during the NFL games

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I saw some Bloomberg ads on Saturday and Sunday during the NFL games

I saw one last night, too. Ads when you’re not even on the ballot, now that’s eff you money.

The night of the long tomahawks has begun!

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/13/politics/bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-meeting/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

(CNN)The stakes were high when Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren met at Warren's apartment in Washington, DC, one evening in December 2018. The longtime friends knew that they could soon be running against each other for president. 

The two agreed that if they ultimately faced each other as presidential candidates, they should remain civil and avoid attacking one another, so as not to hurt the progressive movement. They also discussed how to best take on President Donald Trump, and Warren laid out two main reasons she believed she would be a strong candidate: She could make a robust argument about the economy and earn broad support from female voters.

Sanders responded that he did not believe a woman could win.

The description of that meeting is based on the accounts of four people: two people Warren spoke with directly soon after the encounter, and two people familiar with the meeting.

source.gif

7 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The night of the long tomahawks has begun!

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/01/13/politics/bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-meeting/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

(CNN)The stakes were high when Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren met at Warren's apartment in Washington, DC, one evening in December 2018. The longtime friends knew that they could soon be running against each other for president. 

The two agreed that if they ultimately faced each other as presidential candidates, they should remain civil and avoid attacking one another, so as not to hurt the progressive movement. They also discussed how to best take on President Donald Trump, and Warren laid out two main reasons she believed she would be a strong candidate: She could make a robust argument about the economy and earn broad support from female voters.

Sanders responded that he did not believe a woman could win.

The description of that meeting is based on the accounts of four people: two people Warren spoke with directly soon after the encounter, and two people familiar with the meeting.

source.gif

That hair.

On 1/8/2020 at 7:04 PM, modestobulldog said:

Creepy Joe at it again

Seriously, Nancy had the grace to sequester Ronnie, when is someone going to show compassion for Joe?  

We see Biden do this stuff "day after day"? Just who is this BS artist you watch?

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 1/9/2020 at 10:15 AM, Joe from WY said:

True, but hey, he's helping Trump's economy!

Boom goes the dynamite.

The Dem convention has the makings of a raucous affair but they should go all out to have a convention nobody will ever forget.

Make it a Celebrity Death Match kinda thing and the ratings would be through the roof. Warren, Biden and Sanders as a tag team against Mayor Pete would be a fair match but Pete would have to agree not to tear off any of their limbs. Or maybe arm the oldtimers with frying pans they can try to hit Buttigieg over the head with. Have AOC referee and allow plenty of space for people of color to hold a protest claiming that Tom Perez rigged the thing so only white candidates could try futily to kill each other.

Boom goes the dynamite.