Jump to content
retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Not according to every poll out there - Of course you can always say the polls are fake news 

Dems can run endless ads of the video of trump saying he wants and accepts responsibility for the shutdown 

The wall is years away from being completed for most of the supposed length due to land acquisition issues unless trump does an eminent domain land grab which would probably piss off the lovers of land ownership, less government overreach and the constitutionalists who insist the federal government can't own land (see NV BLM land wars) 

Odds are the gop senators will cave and somehow work out some deal with trump where he can save face and as usual with trump when faced with a battle, he settles and caves just like he did on his bankruptcies, many lawsuits and trump university - Every time he caved and settled out of court.

The visuals on this do not favor trump & it's only a matter of time until enough GOP senators in swing & blue states cave in an attempt to save their seats before the 2020 heat gets too hot 

Again why would they cave in, their voters aren't suffering and the longer it lasts the more they will figure out a government shutdown is meaningless to the vast majority of them?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand is expected to enter the 2020 presidential race on Tuesday, two sources with knowledge of her plans tell CNN, launching an exploratory committee just days before she heads to the critical state of Iowa.

Gillbrand, a Democrat from New York, will make the announcement, which was first reported by CBS News, on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/15/politics/kirsten-gillibrand-2020-presidential-race/index.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, happycamper said:

I think "any decrease in personal liberties you perceive has been offset by the enormous increase in personal liberties that just enfranchisement represents", "there have been other increases in personal liberties during that time frame that you are totally ignoring", and "any and all liberties you fear are disappearing had already been taken centuries before in places where women had even less voice". I mean it isn't like I cited every example with case studies but it isn't like Blues exactly did any exposition of his own either

Anyone who is married knows you lose a lot of your personal freedom. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 2:11 PM, happycamper said:

I think "any decrease in personal liberties you perceive has been offset by the enormous increase in personal liberties that just enfranchisement represents", "there have been other increases in personal liberties during that time frame that you are totally ignoring", and "any and all liberties you fear are disappearing had already been taken centuries before in places where women had even less voice". I mean it isn't like I cited every example with case studies but it isn't like Blues exactly did any exposition of his own either

You didn't read the thread obviously and posted in ignorance but that is normal for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody should start a poll on how many Dems will declare. More than the 16 Repubs who declared a few years ago I would guess.

The only thing certain to me is that no matter how good some of the candidates might look, somebody will crawl out of the woodwork and start another Hillary movement.

Which at this juncture of history would be a BOWEL movement of epic proportions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Somebody should start a poll on how many Dems will declare. More than the 16 Repubs who declared a few years ago I would guess.

The only thing certain to me is that no matter how good some of the candidates might look, somebody will crawl out of the woodwork and start another Hillary movement.

Which at this juncture of history would be a BOWEL movement of epic proportions.

It won't matter...

The Democrats realize that in order to win, they need a Black candidate.   Otherwise, the black voters in the swing states will stay home.   

they will not make the same mistake of nominating a white person.   identity politics are a big thing in the Democratic Party.

Kamala Harris is probably the front runner.   The media will start gushing over her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Harris would modify her position on illegal immigration I would likely have no problem with her.

At the risk of getting a bit off track, have any of you Republicans noticed how influential Californians are becoming at the national level?

Harris, Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell on the Democratic side of things and Kevin McCarthy and - gasp! - Devin Nunes on the Republican side.

Granted that California has by far the largest population among the 50 states but I can't remember one state ever having close to that much clout in D.C. at one time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

It won't matter...

The Democrats realize that in order to win, they need a Black candidate.   Otherwise, the black voters in the swing states will stay home.   

they will not make the same mistake of nominating a white person.   identity politics are a big thing in the Democratic Party.

Kamala Harris is probably the front runner.   The media will start gushing over her.

Black, woman, and a socialist, the perfect Democrat candidate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said earlier in the thread. Kamala Harris will be the Democratic challenger in 2020. She checks the most intersectionality boxes.

Book it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cardrater said:

There’s so many YouTube videos of Harris getting her ass handed to her. Look forward to the debates. 

Perry Mason for POTUS!

She has come across like an arrogant prosecutor in many of her public appearances.  Frankly, her strength and skill is being an arrogant interrogator.  That works well for her in that environment.  I don't think that appeals to most.  I haven't seen a different side of her.  Does she have one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, cardrater said:

There’s so many YouTube videos of Harris getting her ass handed to her. Look forward to the debates. 

Trump sucks at debates, as well. It would definitely be must-see TV, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

If Harris would modify her position on illegal immigration I would likely have no problem with her.

At the risk of getting a bit off track, have any of you Republicans noticed how influential Californians are becoming at the national level?

Harris, Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell on the Democratic side of things and Kevin McCarthy and - gasp! - Devin Nunes on the Republican side.

Granted that California has by far the largest population among the 50 states but I can't remember one state ever having close to that much clout in D.C. at one time.

California is a one party state.  Kind or like China, the Soviet Union, Venezuela, North Korea, etc....

So none of their politicians are going to be defeated they can serve as long as they want.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Black, woman, and a socialist, the perfect Democrat candidate. 

Didn't Trump win the woman vote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, toonkee said:

Didn't Trump win the woman vote?

Well you do have to consider who he ran against. I can’t imagine Hall doesn’t have more charisma than the wicked witch. If not, she has no chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

If Harris would modify her position on illegal immigration I would likely have no problem with her.

At the risk of getting a bit off track, have any of you Republicans noticed how influential Californians are becoming at the national level?

Harris, Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell on the Democratic side of things and Kevin McCarthy and - gasp! - Devin Nunes on the Republican side.

Granted that California has by far the largest population among the 50 states but I can't remember one state ever having close to that much clout in D.C. at one time.

Even among Trump's advisors.

Stephen Miller, Michael Anton, Peter Navarro. 

https://www.vox.com/2018/11/19/17841946/trump-conservatism-california-gop-shapiro-midterms-2018

I found this article interesting, and it makes a lot of good points. Because conservatives have essentially been eliminated from California decision making due to demographic changes it makes sense that a lot of sense that some of the leaders of Trumpism are from California.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 7:56 AM, retrofade said:

 

¿What are the Top-3 planks in Ms Harris' Platform?

I've done very little little research, however so far I'm behind Gillibrand due of her passion for Single-Payer HealthCare & emphasis on improving Education.

¿Does anyone know much about the Starbuck's Guy?  ¿What are his main issues?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

 

¿What are the Top-3 planks in Ms Harris' Platform?

I've done very little little research, however so far I'm behind Gillibrand due of her passion for Single-Payer HealthCare & emphasis on improving Education.

¿Does anyone know much about the Starbuck's Guy?  ¿What are his main issues?

 

Serving over priced coffee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, pokebball said:

Perry Mason for POTUS!

She has come across like an arrogant prosecutor in many of her public appearances.  Frankly, her strength and skill is being an arrogant interrogator.  That works well for her in that environment.  I don't think that appeals to most.  I haven't seen a different side of her.  Does she have one?

Ask Willie Brown. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×