Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

Interesting...

Pete Buttigieg’s presidential campaign has spent the past few weeks subtly or overtly attacking every major fellow Democratic candidate in the presidential race. Save one. 

The South Bend mayor has left Joe Biden off his target list, content to see the former vice president fall on his own, after which—the thinking goes—his supporters will flock to a similarly mild-mannered moderate candidate; namely, Mayor Pete.

The strategy is a high-risk one for Buttigieg, even as he continues to stockpile resources that prepare him well for the final stages of the pre-voting phase of the primary; his campaign announced Tuesday that it had raised $19.1 million in the third quarter. Indeed, the Democrat’s attacks on his fellow rivals have begun to anger fellow party members, who view it all as a massive showcase of presumption from a 37-year-old mayor. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mayor-pete-buttigieg-is-starting-to-annoy-almost-everyone-else-in-the-2020-presidential-race

He's actually been taking shots at the other candidates for a long time now, but the pundit class has been ignoring them because they like him.

That this fell to the second page on a board that is populated with people in the 98% percentile engaged in politics is a good example of how the shadow of impeachment chills our system. Wtf have these 77 candidates been up to the past few days?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Guest #1Stunner
On 10/2/2019 at 5:27 PM, retrofade said:

Yes... let's yell at the Senator to stop impeachment, which occurs in the House. 

:facepalm:

Wow.  Was this in Reno?   (I couldn't help but look in their crowd for a bald guy who looked like he had recently lost a lot of weight).

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Wow.  Was this in Reno?   (I couldn't help but look in their crowd for a bald guy who looked like he had recently lost a lot of weight).

Nah I have better things to do than go and protest an old woman who, even if elected, won’t be able enact many of her plans. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

That this fell to the second page on a board that is populated with people in the 98% percentile engaged in politics is a good example of how the shadow of impeachment chills our system. Wtf have these 77 candidates been up to the past few days?

That's really because other than Bernie's heart attack, there hasn't been much going on. 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

That's really because other than Bernie's heart attack, there hasn't been much going on. 

bill pipeline GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Guest #1Stunner
34 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Nah I have better things to do than go and protest an old woman who, even if elected, won’t be able enact many of her plans. 

Yeah, I'm just joking.

These folks don't seem like Reno folk.  If I had to guess, some riff raff from Sparks.

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Yeah, I'm just joking.

These folks don't seem like Reno folk.  If I had to guess, some riff raff from Sparks.

Probably Fernley TBH 

3 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Lovelock?

Nah they were too well dressed. 

Guest #1Stunner
9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Probably Fernley TBH 

5 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Lovelock?

I do admit that I wondered if she was in the crowd:

101026_sharron_angle_smiling_ap_328.jpg

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I do admit that I wondered if she was in the crowd:

101026_sharron_angle_smiling_ap_328.jpg

I’m still bitter she was nominated.  They had a legit chance to take down Harry Reid and nominated that stupid ass.