Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

So is he a dictator or have you decided to change course now to "well he's a dirtball I don't like"? Honestly, you guys with your hyperbole aren't doing yourselves any favors. 

 

Name one check on his power.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Name one check on his power.

That little document called the Constitution maybe? Something Democrats are very unfamiliar with. Hard to believe you actually teach. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Name one check on his power.

The courts have limited many things he’s tried to.  There’s one check on his power. 

 

Wait, we’re talking about Trump...right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Name one check on his power.

The Courts for starters.

The House. 

Trump. 

etc.

Have you ever spent time in an actual dictatorship? A place like Syria, KSA, UAE, Rwanda, etc.? Or do you just like throwing the term around?

Again, your hyperbole is not doing you any favors. It just makes you look hysterical and unhinged. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, retrofade said:

I'm just calling it as I see it. Bernie is a cook.

What's his specialty? Italian? Chinese? My guess would be borscht.

 

The Dems are generally condescending (DeBlasio doing his best Trump 2.0, Warren doing her best Hillary 2.0), annoying (Gillibrand, Sanders), boring (Ryan, Delaney), unprepared (Biden), totally irrelevant (Yang, Williamson) or have potential but no chance to separate themselves from much better known opponents (Bennet,  Hickenlooper - although aren't they and younger and older version of the same person?) or they're just uninspiring (Klobuchar, Swallwell).

Then there's Kamala Harris. She's a bit too far left for my taste and I really disliked her advocating elimination of ICE. However, she proved tonight that she's not just very smart but tough as nails. To put it another way, she comes off as tough as being as Trump but 10 times smarter (then again, my cat White Sox is about equally as smart, but I digress). Since the most important thing is getting Trump the phuck out of Dodge and since that's also the second, third, fourth, fifth and through infinity most important thing and since after tonight it looks like Harris could flatten Trump into the ground in any debate, I think she's the one to beat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

That little document called the Constitution maybe? Something Democrats are very unfamiliar with. Hard to believe you actually teach. 

Lol there is not a single example of the constitution stopping McConnell from doing anything. 

Hard to believe you’ll be dead 40 years before me. 

20 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The Courts for starters.

The House. 

Trump. 

etc.

Have you ever spent time in an actual dictatorship? A place like Syria, KSA, UAE, Rwanda, etc.? Or do you just like throwing the term around?

Again, your hyperbole is not doing you any favors. It just makes you look hysterical and unhinged. 

He’s packed the courts with judges who will carry out his agenda. He has refused to bring every single house resolution up for a vote. Trump is his lapdog. He runs the country unchecked. I’d rather Democrats take the senate than the presidency at this point. McConnell is an existential threat to America. I’m not going to argue the point any further.

Put Assad or the leader of any other brutal regime in McConnells place and you’d get the same results. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Why aren't they asking the Chinese guy any questions?

He actually has ideas that impact everyone's lives:. Jobs and the risk of automation.

But who the hell on this board besides you and me give's a rat's butt about automation eliminating a buttload of jobs while we keep overpopulating the planet?

Not saying you're wrong, Stunner, just that you're naive if you think more than a handful of Americans are actually considering that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts:

Man Yang disappointed me. I was watching on David Pakman’s livestream and he made the point that Yang is just too polite, and I think he was right on the money. Yang needed De Blasio’s chutzpah from last night, but he didn’t have it. O well. I don’t think he’s done just yet, but he REALLY needs a bunch of people to drop out and then hope the next debate has fewer people on stage. Another debate like that and he’s definitely done.

Biden was trash. 

Kamala did really well, especially in the first half. I’m lukewarm on her as a candidate, but I think she may have just snatched Biden’s spot as the establishment dems top choice.

Buttigieg did pretty good. Still haven’t really looked in to him much though.

Bernie started and ended well, but the SCOTUS stuff was... wtf? 

Williamson and her weird ass accent were hilarious, I hope she just is allowed into every debate. I’d love to see a debate with Bernie, Warren, Harris, Mayor Pete, and her. Maybe throw in Booker too for some cringey Spanish. 

Keeping my fingers crossed that at LEAST 6 people that participated in these debates drop out within a week. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

He’s packed the courts with judges who will carry out his agenda. He has refused to bring every single house resolution up for a vote. Trump is his lapdog. He runs the country unchecked. I’d rather Democrats take the senate than the presidency at this point. McConnell is an existential threat to America. I’m not going to argue the point any further.

Put Assad or the leader of any other brutal regime in McConnells place and you’d get the same results. 

LMAO. And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously when you make statements like that. I wouldn't argue this point any further either if my only argument was "McConnell = Assad".

You been drinking tonight? And why would Assad need to be in his position? McConnell is literally a dictator, according to you. So he's already in Assad's place, right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

What's his specialty? Italian? Chinese? My guess would be borscht.

 

The Dems are generally condescending (DeBlasio doing his best Trump 2.0, Warren doing her best Hillary 2.0), annoying (Gillibrand, Sanders), boring (Ryan, Delaney), unprepared (Biden), totally irrelevant (Yang, Williamson) or have potential but no chance to separate themselves from much better known opponents (Bennet,  Hickenlooper - although aren't they and younger and older version of the same person?) or they're just uninspiring (Klobuchar, Swallwell).

Then there's Kamala Harris. She's a bit too far left for my taste and I really disliked her advocating elimination of ICE. However, she proved tonight that she's not just very smart but tough as nails. To put it another way, she comes off as tough as being as Trump but 10 times smarter (then again, my cat White Sox is about equally as smart, but I digress). Since the most important thing is getting Trump the phuck out of Dodge and since that's also the second, third, fourth, fifth and through infinity most important thing and since after tonight it looks like Harris could flatten Trump into the ground in any debate, I think she's the one to beat.

What do Warren and Hillary have in common other then being old white women? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe from WY said:

LMAO. And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously. I wouldn't argue this point any further either if my only argument was "McConnell = Assad" 

Yeah that isn’t want I said.

You're no better than orange. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SalinasSpartan said:

What do Warren and Hillary have in common other then being white women? 

Besides their age, their leftist bent and the fact each prides herself on being a policy wonk, not a thing

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Yeah that isn’t want I said.

You're no better than orange. 

That's literally what you said. Orange and me the same? Hahahaha.  You and Orange are two peas in the same bubbly pod. Both of you have a total aversion of admitting to saying what you guys say, even if it's merely a couple posts above. 

26 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Put Assad or the leader of any other brutal regime in McConnells place and you’d get the same results. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Name one check on his power.

 

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

 People call trump a wannabe dictator. McConnell is an actual dictator

You literally (as Joe Biden would say) said it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Harris would bring out the black vote and people on the coast. I can’t see her appealing to the average blue collar worker in the midwest which won the election for Trump. I’m not sure she would even appeal to Hispanics. 

The union blue collar workers used to be a big part of the Democrat base they are now turning their back on. 

Maybe. However, Hillary might have been the most disliked candidate of my lifetime. And, unlike Hillary, Harris not only won't ignore Wisconsin and make Ohio and Pennsylvania afterthoughts, she will campaign her ass off in those states.

I'm really geeked about a Harris-Trump election. It has the makings of a knock down, drag out the likes of which the country probably hasn't seen since LBJ-Goldwater.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...