Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

33 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Got me there. Checking on the guy, he was actually phucking nutz. No wonder LBJ destroyed him despite escalating the Vietnam war.

So many things wrong with this view that I don’t even know where to start.

6 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

He will turn out young people in bigger numbers than Biden will turn out blacks, so it’s a push in that regard. 

No it's not a push in specific states, that's not true even if your supposition is true.

Running up the score in blue states does no good.

12 hours ago, Akkula said:

And if it is sanders vs trump you would probably just stay home...so why should people worry about you?  It is a much bigger problem if the democratic liberal base stays home.

I am posting about politics on a regional college sports message board and you think I just won't vote? 

It's looking like Biden is piecing the Obama coalition back together for 2020.

The crazy thing? His net worth has grown by more than that $559M in that same timeframe. So yes, he spent nearly $600M, but he's still worth more today than he was when he started spending that money. Insanity. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

The crazy thing? His net worth has grown by more than that $559M in that same timeframe. So yes, he spent nearly $600M, but he's still worth more today than he was when he started spending that money. Insanity. 

Just remember....he was "job creating" and if you taxed him more he would probably just tell his money to stay under the mattress that day instead of working so hard for him.

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

If he drops and puts his money and machine behind Biden it's over. 

Then he will drop a billy on the general election and make things interesting.

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

It's looking like Biden is piecing the Obama coalition back together for 2020.

He’s missing young people and Latinos. Bernie is still whooping him amongst those demographics.

12 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Does Obama endorse now?  

I don’t think so. He already had surrogates like Susan Rice and Samantha Power back Biden after SC. I think he tries to stay above the fray.

45 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

If he drops and puts his money and machine behind Biden it's over. 

Then he will drop a billy on the general election and make things interesting.

He just did that very thing.

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

I don’t think so. He already had surrogates like Susan Rice and Samantha Power back Biden after SC. I think he tries to stay above the fray.

His endorsement is coming

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

The Beto, Klobuchar, and Buttigieg endorsements were all likely orchestrated by Obama as well.

Stock market is rebounding, my hunch it is because Biden or Trump is a better outcome than the Sandernista's.

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The Beto, Klobuchar, and Buttigieg endorsements were all likely orchestrated by Obama as well.

Pete is a smart guy and seems like he would make a very good member of the cabinet. I don’t think he’s gonna like the 5 minutes in a locked room where Klobuchar gets to beat the shit out of him that she horse traded for, though.

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Pete is a smart guy and seems like he would make a very good member of the cabinet. I don’t think he’s gonna like the 5 minutes in a locked room where Klobuchar gets to beat the shit out of him that she horse traded for, though.

Despite Pete's military background I think I take the Klob in a 1v1

5 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

Despite Pete's military background I think I take the Klob in a 1v1

There was a fun tweet a week back asking if you were outnumbered and about to get jumped, which president you would pick to fight with you on your side.

Of all the candidates on the stage last week and Trump, I’d have picked her from that group.