Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

On 1/22/2019 at 1:14 PM, toonkee said:

Not this shit again...

I'm very suspect about her father's decision making.  He's on faculty at Stanford.  ¿How could a Cal alum even consider working for The Cardinal?

The Canadian comment is ridiculous on many levels.  One of which is it's lack of accuracy.  Not that it matter, but she was only in Canada for 6-yrs (age 12-18) while her Mom was at McGill.  She left Québec after HS to attend Howard in DC.  

¿Am I correct to assume the 5-yr residency requirement for naturalization is bogus as well?

On 1/22/2019 at 1:50 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

They're in the same HS yearbook ffs. 

What do you expect from SaMoHi.  Their mascot is the Vikings.  Those racist have been subjugating the Scandinavian race for decades.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:21 AM, pokebball said:

Good luck with pissing on the Catholic Church and not its' members.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:37 AM, smltwnrckr said:

How would it be different from pissing on the government but not the people?

On 1/25/2019 at 8:41 AM, pokebball said:

The smaller the tribe gets, the harder it would be, in my opinion.

1.2-billion Catholics...piece o' cake.  Start hydrating @smltwnrckr

On 1/25/2019 at 8:43 AM, smltwnrckr said:

The catholic church is bigger than most governments. 

On 1/25/2019 at 8:46 AM, pokebball said:

Not in the US

70-mm Catholic in the US...22% of the US pop.

The Catholic Church is the largest non-governmental landholder in Los Ángeles Co.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:04 AM, happycamper said:

Just a last name on its own? Whatever Convert. Sure, there are glasscocks and boners and orrells galore. It's the first name tht makes the joke

An adjective first name plus that? Now that would be humor. Randy dickgraber? Chastity Dickgraber? Unique Dickgraber? Yes, yes, yes. 

I was thinking the same thing about the fact the first name has nothing to do with humor.

It's a reach, but you can Debra Dickgraber:  Double-D.

4 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

What do you expect from SaMoHi.  Their mascot is the Vikings.  Those racist have been subjugating the Scandinavian race for decades.

Ten thousand Swedes ran into the weeds chased by one Norwegian...

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

15 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

A thousand Swedes ran into the weeds chased by one Norwegian...

Q:  What’s the difference between Norway and Sweden?  

A:  Sweden has a nice neighbor.

Hillary Clinton may not be ready to give up on her Oval Office dreams, CNN's Jeff Zeleny reports.

"Clinton is telling people that she's not closing the doors to the idea of running in 2020," Zeleny said. "I'm told by three people that as recently as this week, she was telling people that look, given all this news from the indictments, particularly the Roger Stone indictment, she talked to several people, saying 'look, I'm not closing the doors to this.'"

Still, Zeleny said, "it does not mean that there's a campaign-in-waiting, or a plan in the works." And one close Clinton friend told Zeleny "it would surprise me greatly if she actually did it."

"Most losing presidential candidates never totally close the doors to running for president" again, Zeleny said. "But I think we have to at least leave our mind open to the possibility that she is still talking about it. She wants to take on Trump. Could she win a Democratic primary to do it? I don't know the answer to that."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/27/politics/inside-politics-forecast-cnntv/index.html

:facepalm:

9 hours ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

I think Howard Schultz serves as a reminder that the Democratic nominee needs to be more centrist to beat Trump.

If the Dems aren't careful with who they pick, someone like Bloomberg or Schultz is liable to Perot them. 

Guest #1Stunner
29 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Kamala would get throttled in Middle America. She'd win New England and the West Coast probably, but good luck elsewhere. 

I think you are correct about this.

She meets the Democrats requirement that she is a person of color (they won't risk not running a black candidate again), but I think the fact that she is a liberal from California will hurt her.

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I think you are correct about this.

She meets the Democrats requirement that she is a person of color (they won't risk not running a black candidate again), but I think the fact that she is a liberal from California will hurt her.

Her voting record was very anti-2A in CA and IIRC she was responsible for sponsoring legislation that IMO crossed the line from 'common-sense' to an overreach of control. This line is admittedly subjective though, but for me personally this alone would keep me from voting for her.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Guest #1Stunner
34 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Her voting record was very anti-2A in CA and IIRC she was responsible for sponsoring legislation that IMO crossed the line from 'common-sense' to an overreach of control. This line is admittedly subjective though, but for me personally this alone would keep me from voting for her.

She really went over the top with the Kavanaugh thing, bordering on theatrics, IMO, trying to impress Democrats.   It reminded me of a video of Iraq in the 1980s, that showed members of the Ba'ath party trying to show how loyal they were to Saddam Hussein. 

anyway... I guess we'll see.

I'm also looking forward to the nicknames that Trump will throw at his challengers on the Republican and Democratic sides.  I admit, it is entertaining, and really brands them:

Little Marco

Low Energy Jeb

Lyin' Ted

Crooked Hillary