Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

9 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

He’s poured a lot of money into SC. That’s why Joe went after him in the debate. If he can dent Steyer and smash Bernie, the wall might hold.

Steyer put some money in NV and polled high here as well. 

I guess we'll just have to vote and count 'em up.

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Steyer put some money in NV and polled high here as well. 

I guess we'll just have to vote and count 'em up.

Caucuses are weird. I think Biden wins. Whether or not he can win big enough to change the game three days later is the question.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

FWIW past polling has shown that Pete supporters are largely torn between Biden or Bernie for their 2nd choice. I don't think all his supporters are gonna jump on the Biden ship, but what this should do is make Biden far more likely to be viable in many Super Tuesday districts that he otherwise wouldn't have.

1 hour ago, sebasour said:

I have to wonder if Pete cut a deal with Joe to get out of the way

Wouldn’t be the worst idea. Dude has a long career ahead of him. If he ran for President in 2056...he’d still be younger than any man left in this race. Crazy how far he made it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Will Klobuchar drop out now or is she in it until the end?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

Wouldn’t be the worst idea. Dude has a long career ahead of him. If he ran for President in 2056...he’d still be younger than any man left in this race. Crazy how far he made it.

I thought this was a joke then I did the math and realized you’re 100% right.  That’s insane. Does this mean we’re in store for Pete for President every 4 years for the next 36 years?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

I thought this was a joke then I did the math and realized you’re 100% right.  That’s insane. Does this mean we’re in store for Pete for President every 4 years for the next 36 years?

He’s definitely running again someday.

28 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Will Klobuchar drop out now or is she in it until the end?

Reports are that Biden’s campaign has reached out to her to stay in through Super Tuesday to prevent Bernie from winning big in Minnesota.