Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Bloomberg’s White Army begins its offensive after the Winter Palace is seized.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/02/24/mike-bloomberg-prepares-media-blitz-against-bernie-sanders.html?__twitter_impression=true

The campaign plans a multipronged attack, including the publication of opposition research on Sanders, these people said. It will also push out digital attack ads focused on Sanders' record. On Monday, the Bloomberg campaign attempted to paint Sanders as a past ally of the National Rifle Association, a gun advocacy group that Bloomberg has fought for over a decade.

The attacks on Sanders, who has accused Bloomberg of trying to buy the Democratic nomination, will also attempt to highlight negative aspects of his record on race relations both as a congressman and senator, the sources said. This comes after Sanders, now seen as the Democratic front-runner, has taken aim at Bloomberg for his support of a policing policy known as stop-and-frisk that often targeted black and Latino people.

People within the Bloomberg campaign are also discussing whether to have surrogates and supporters write op-eds and show up on TV to speak out against Sanders, these people added.

This getting to be as much fun as Hilliary versus Obama.  Even better since Bernie hates rich people. 

Can cross Florida off the list of states "feeling the Bern"...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/24/us/bernie-sanders-fidel-castro-florida.html

MIAMI — Cuban exiles and Democrats in Florida on Monday angrily rejected comments from Senator Bernie Sanders praising aspects of the Communist Cuban revolution that aired in an interview with “60 Minutes.”

The Vermont senator’s remarks threatened to undercut his candidacy for the Democratic nomination in the nation’s largest presidential swing state, as he seeks to build momentum on a broader scale after a series of early primary victories.

“I’m totally disgusted and insulted,” said Lourdes Diaz, the president of the Democratic Hispanic Caucus in Broward County, who is Cuban-American. “Maybe this will open people’s eyes to how super, super liberal and radical Bernie is. I’m not going to defend him anymore. I’m over it.”

12 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yea I mean I’m not saying nobody remembers, just less people then Republican strategists think. I’m actually kind of curious to see how much Bernie would get destroyed in Florida though. He’s down by 21 points in the Democratic primary polls, I imagine he’d lose by more then that in the GE.

The Cubans and Venezuelans are furious over that right now. In a GE, Bernie would probably lose something like 70-30 if he keeps doubling down on this "Castro did good" nonsense. 

On 2/22/2020 at 12:15 AM, soupslam1 said:

I don’t pay attention to any polls, including the pro Trump polls. They are all biased. If you do I question your intelligence. 

I don't think you know what "biased" means

On 2/22/2020 at 12:31 PM, mugtang said:

No. We have more than enough reactions.   

We are at least 12 reactions short of "enough" sir

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

@BSUTOP25 

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I don't think you know what "biased" means

I award you one SDSU helmet for pointing out why I am wrong. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

@BSUTOP25 

I give you a BYU Cougars football helmet reaction for betraying my confidence with no good plan in place for what happens after

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

@BSUTOP25 

@halfmanhalfbronco and I are still trying to get @mugtang to add a fingersteak emoji reaction to indicate all four of the Greek definitions for the word “love.” 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

@halfmanhalfbronco and I are still trying to get @mugtang to add a fingersteak emoji reaction to indicate all four of the Greek definitions for the word “love.” 

ok oedipus

10 minutes ago, toonkee said:

sure...but Steyer at 15? 

dr evil whatever GIF

He’s poured a lot of money into SC. That’s why Joe went after him in the debate. If he can dent Steyer and smash Bernie, the wall might hold.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.