Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

15 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Him not running would be the best move in terms of business and in terms of legacy for his followers. He gets to claim that he never lost, he gets to say he walks away on his own terms, and he gets to either run Fox News afterwards or start his own media empire that carries the torch for Trumpism, and it is given more legitimacy because he was never beat in an election. If he loses re-election, I think it hurts those things a bit.

It's the smart move. We'll see.

That would be awesome. He could destroy Faux within a year or so.

4 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Harris is more of a centrist than Bernie or Warren.

She’s the most progressive person in the Senate according to this site:

https://progressivepunch.org/scores.htm?house=senate

edit: that was sorted by “crucial votes”.  Her lifetime progressive score drops her to 4th place. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

i think it’s funny when conservatives comment on who decides to run as a democrat, as though any of them would even consider voting for one. You won’t hear me saying a word about mitt Romney or whichever milquetoast cable news talking head the weekly standard promotes to try to primary trump’s soggy ass. 

Harris, or anyone else running with a D next to their name, does not care one wit what any conservative says about her, not should she. Unless you’re planning to vote in the democratic primary, your opinion is completely meaningless. 

18 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

i think it’s funny when conservatives comment on who decides to run as a democrat, as though any of them would even consider voting for one. You won’t hear me saying a word about mitt Romney or whichever milquetoast cable news talking head the weekly standard promotes to try to primary trump’s soggy ass. 

Harris, or anyone else running with a D next to their name, does not care one wit what any conservative says about her, not should she. Unless you’re planning to vote in the democratic primary, your opinion is completely meaningless. 

Good, you and others will stop commenting on all things Trump then?  There goes all board traffic....

v0icAvfW.jpg

24 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I think it’s funny that people that live in San Jose think they should pick who runs the country . You struggle running a athletic program,university,city and state. Please let someone else run the federal government 

9 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Good, you and others will stop commenting on all things Trump then?  There goes all board traffic....

Well, the pretty obvious difference is that Trump is currently occupying the White House, so..........

19 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

If Trump doesn’t run The NY Times will go out of business and NBC, ABC, and CBS will take a major hit to their ratings. The late night talk shows will also suffer. I’m only half joking. 

Haley 2020!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

44 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Explain to me why your opinion on a primary that you aren’t going to vote in matters as much as or more than someone else’s opinion on the current president.

43 minutes ago, Artist formerly known as Hal said:

I think it’s funny that people that live in San Jose think they should pick who runs the country . You struggle running a athletic program,university,city and state. Please let someone else run the federal government 

Someone else is and is doing a real bang-up job.

6 hours ago, NVGiant said:

It's barely even a cycle anymore. It's just a constant.

Sure has been for Trump. Until recently when he became inundated with other matters he's had reelection rallies damn near every week since inaguration day.

At least he hasn't been playing golf as often as he accused Obama of.                                                        Oh wait . . .

Boom goes the dynamite.

11 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Explain to me why your opinion on a primary that you aren’t going to vote in matters as much as or more than someone else’s opinion on the current president.

So you didn’t make any comments regarding Trump before he won the Republican bid? 

I doubt she'd win the primary, but anyone ruling out the entire Democratic party because our candidates are "too extreme" seems to be forgetting that we're just 2 years removed from electing a reality tv host who's main political platforms were building a wall, banning all Muslims, and being a birther. 

19 hours ago, Artist formerly known as Hal said:

lol. No more funny than people where ever the bumf**k place you live thinking you should run the country. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

She’s somebody I’d consider voting for in the general election.