Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

10 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

I agree, and she seems to have an appropriate toughness about her, unlike the emasculated Republicans (Romney, Jeb, Rubio, etc.).  She would have be a good corrections officer.  I would welcome relief from the Trump buffoonery.

Everybody looks like a star until the primary bullets start flying. Rubio, Cruz, Paul, Walker, Jindahl, Harris, Warren, Booker, Beto...all ended in smoldering wreckage. You never know with these things.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Everybody looks like a star until the primary bullets start flying. Rubio, Cruz, Paul, Walker, Jindahl, Harris, Warren, Booker, Beto...all ended in smoldering wreckage. You never know with these things.

At least we have a stellar media that will help us pick the best candidate.

animation superman GIF by Cheezburger

110926run_defense710.jpg

46 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Rubio and Cruz because they exhibited a total absence of testicular fortitude in response to Trump's childish and highly unpresidential criticism of them. Cruz I was fine with doing that because he's much too far-right for me. However, I actually had hope for Little Marco, who has since crawled totally up Mr. Grumpy's butt.

Paul is a capital "L" Libertarian. Nobody so affiliated will ever become president of the US. And Walker is a clone of Paul Ryan from the psyzoid state of Wisconsin.

Jindahl? https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-sz-001&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=sz&p=obi-wan+now+that's+a+name&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubXdjYm9hcmQuY29tL2luZGV4LnBocD8vdG9waWMvODA0NzktZGVtb2NyYXQtdGh1bmRlcmRvbWUtMjAyMC1kZW1vY3JhdGljLWNhbmRpZGF0ZS10aHJlYWQvcGFnZS8xNDQvJnRhYj1jb21tZW50cw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAI-UFOLk8W46OtvNWdo6oZ9hPPpdIdElhVL4CJXbvVF0XooC8vZj_I0ZtouLm_dQ3htRwUSQEyLnH-nz8bVcxHrh26kPM9UhkI5GJSR42V1btpPhSiB8d1ivRw5yKAuHQIMyTXBD4cbrmWf66dUb6nGEy0xnRQqUsiAf582JlmNM&_guc_consent_skip=1584216007#id=2&vid=3509bb3d35549713fa43c3cb9f120f3e&action=view

Boom goes the dynamite.

Looks like Bernie is done. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 3/15/2020 at 2:55 PM, modestobulldog said:

Awesome. You got to love Joe Biden. The most entertaining politician of all time. Oh it would be a funny 4 years.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

I'm sure that a lot of Republicans will be sad to hear this news.

Good on her. I don’t agree with her on basically anything. That right there is a statesmen-like address at a time when we have too many politicians and too few statesmen.

Call it off Bernie. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

55 minutes ago, retrofade said:

It's about +++++ing time.

To be fair, with a lack of primaries it’s kind of hard to point to a moment and say “NOW it’s time to drop”. 

But with the bump Trump has been getting in the polls since the pandemic, I’m not quite sure any of this matters anymore. 

1 hour ago, SalinasSpartan said:

To be fair, with a lack of primaries it’s kind of hard to point to a moment and say “NOW it’s time to drop”. 

But with the bump Trump has been getting in the polls since the pandemic, I’m not quite sure any of this matters anymore. 

He should have dropped after he lost Washington, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, and Idaho in the same night. His chances of winning the nomination dropped to less than 1% at that point. That was nearly a month ago now.

26 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He should have dropped after he lost Washington, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, and Idaho in the same night. His chances of winning the nomination dropped to less than 1% at that point. That was nearly a month ago now.

Well we just disagree here. I think he absolutely should have stayed in for the one on one debate. Then immediately after that we had a global pandemic hit that has basically ended all campaigning, debates, and primaries; pretty unprecedented shit, I don’t think fivethirtyeight had a model for all that.

Anyways before Covid I would have said Bernie or Biden would have beaten Trump. Now I don’t think either would. 

On 3/19/2020 at 8:06 AM, retrofade said:

I'm sure that a lot of Republicans will be sad to hear this news.

We all knew Gabbard had no chance for the nomination but what a disappointment she turned out to be.

If halfmanhalfbronco is correct, we'll soon see her pretty face on FoxNews. Wearing a short, tight skirt no doubt.

Boom goes the dynamite.

12 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Wisconsin still plans to go on with their primary on April 7th. Everybody give a round of applause to their idiot governor Tony Evers.

:Clapping:

And here's one for his idiot predecessor, Scott Walker: :Clapping:

Wisconsin was once a well-run state. However, over the last decade it's become Florida North.

Boom goes the dynamite.

7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

:Clapping:

And here's one for his idiot predecessor, Scott Walker: :Clapping:

Wisconsin was once a well-run state. However, over the last decade it's become Florida North.

Got a lot of experience living in Wisconsin?