Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

55 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I thought this was a joke then I did the math and realized you’re 100% right.  That’s insane. Does this mean we’re in store for Pete for President every 4 years for the next 36 years?

Nah.  You can only lose so many times before people tune you out.

29 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Nah.  You can only lose so many times before people tune you out.

Biden won his first primary in 32 years of trying yesterday, so there is something to be said for persistence.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

24 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Biden won his first primary in 32 years of trying yesterday, so there is something to be said for persistence.

He is rare I believe.  I also think he wouldn't have a chance this year with stronger candidates.  Although Pete could easily have weak candidates 36 years from now.

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

I thought this was a joke then I did the math and realized you’re 100% right.  That’s insane. Does this mean we’re in store for Pete for President every 4 years for the next 36 years?

It wouldn't surprise me unfortunately. Expect him to take a pundit job as soon as his term in South Bend is over.

26 minutes ago, retrofade said:

It wouldn't surprise me unfortunately. Expect him to take a pundit job as soon as his term in South Bend is over.

I think his term actually ended in January. 

Just now, renoskier said:

Would he want a job in a Biden administration?

Who knows. VA Secretary would be a good spot for him, but I don’t think it’s high profile enough for him to take it. 

13 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Wouldn’t be the worst idea. Dude has a long career ahead of him. If he ran for President in 2056...he’d still be younger than any man left in this race. Crazy how far he made it.

54571178-373A-49D0-92AE-895F3176668E.jpeg.f6a1f19f6042df9f112cf1f8ce069a72.jpeg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

15 hours ago, mugtang said:

I award you one Wyoming helmet for fact checking before you post

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I’m genuinely shocked she didn’t wait another day. 

I am as well. I thought she'd stay in to try and keep Bernie from sweeping Minnesota. Maybe the strategy is to try and get both Amy and Peter to endorse Biden, and that might be enough.