Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

14 minutes ago, renoskier said:

For me...Klobuchar. 

Doubt she could take down Bernie though. And even if she did, will Bernie folks show up for anyone else? Probably not.

Some of them wouldn’t, but who cares? You don’t need a commie base to beat Trump. Democrats rolled Republicans in the house in 2018 by running moderates that could win away suburban Romney-type voters. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

22 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Some of them wouldn’t, but who cares? You don’t need a commie base to beat Trump. Democrats rolled Republicans in the house in 2018 by running moderates that could win away suburban Romney-type voters. 

Running moderates, including a moderate for President, is how the Democrats win this election. It's too bad that the screaming minority part of the party is too stupid to understand this concept. Bernie was an outlier for most of the voting populace four years ago, he remains one (but less so) today. But if you keep shifting things to the left (or stemming the shift to the right), candidates like him become more palatable to the masses as time goes on. Their problem is they want this massive revolution right now, but aren't willing to realize that these things take time. 

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

It would certainly help "stop Bernie" if Biden and Pete got out.

Maybe, maybe not. I know earlier in the race there were a decent number of Biden supporters that had Bernie as their number two choice. It makes no sense to people that follow politics closely; but most people don’t follow politics very closely. 

37 minutes ago, Bob said:

Has your life been so terrible under Trump? 

I'm a college-educated white male. People like me do well regardless of president. But I have a longer view than how am I doing right at this very minute.

46 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

If Bernie is the Democrat nominee the Democrats are going to lose big time. The a Republicans will again control the House, Senate, and Presidentcy. 

I remember people thinking that about a reality TV star and lifelong grifter.

5 hours ago, retrofade said:

Running moderates, including a moderate for President, is how the Democrats win this election. It's too bad that the screaming minority part of the party is too stupid to understand this concept. Bernie was an outlier for most of the voting populace four years ago, he remains one (but less so) today. But if you keep shifting things to the left (or stemming the shift to the right), candidates like him become more palatable to the masses as time goes on. Their problem is they want this massive revolution right now, but aren't willing to realize that these things take time. 

Speaking of which, my opinion is that the single biggest problem this country has is its gawd awful education system. Ye reap what ye sow and our citizenry has been dumbed down so much over the last several decadesthat far too ma ny can't see beyond some shiny object dangled before their eyes.

Actually, I shouldn't say stupid as their collective IQs are undoubtedly about the same as ever. Just poorly educated and intellectually lazy as hell.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, SleepingGiantFan said:

Speaking of which, my opinion is that the single biggest problem this country has is its gawd awful education system. Ye reap what ye sew and our citizenry has been dumbed down so much over the last several decades to the degree that far too many can't see beyond some shiny object dangled before their eyes.

Actually, I shouldn't say stupid as they're collective IQs are undoubtedly about the same as ever. Just poorly educated and intellectually lazy as hell.

And educated "elites" have somehow become the boogieman. 

I noticed this energy at the last debate. I think Bernie might go scorched earth. Remember, Bernie has always thought the dems were the lesser of two evils, but they were still evil and Bernie is not a dem.

I hope he fricks em all to heck. Rage against the machine!

53 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I noticed this energy at the last debate. I think Bernie might go scorched earth. Remember, Bernie has always thought the dems were the lesser of two evils, but they were still evil and Bernie is not a dem.

I hope he fricks em all to heck. Rage against the machine!

Bernie is feeling his oats. If they try and cheat Bernie again, all hell is going to break loose. 

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

If Bernie is the Democrat nominee the Democrats are going to lose big time. The Republicans will again control the House, Senate, and Presidentcy. 

1744177196_BernievsTrump.png.e637dd45ecc6489ca61c2eba68319854.png

And these are all recent polls that coincide with Trumps popularity being at an all time

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

Doesn't mean shit if they don't do it state by state.

Yes and No. If you have a decent lead in the popular vote that's generally going to mean a decent sized lead in most swing states.

The RCP average is currently a 4.6% lead for Bernie. If he wins the popular vote by that margin, he is going to win the electoral college.

Bernie stopped in Bakersfield today and gave a speech at our outdoor amphitheater. This crowd was pretty large for Bakersfield, considering Trump was here on Wednesday and his supporters were waiting damn near 3 hours to get in the door. 

Image result for bernie sanders bakersfield

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg