Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

11 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

A moderate would win them the election vs Trump I think.  There are enough people that don't like Trump but don't want the big changes that Bernie offers. This isn't your typical Presidential election this year.

Can a moderate Dem get enough of the progressive Dems out to vote though? I'm not so sure. I'm only one guy but I believe there's more out there like me. If the Dems legitimately rig the system to nominate Biden I'm not voting Dem. I'm done. Tons of progressives and anti-corporate folks held their noses and voted for Hillary in 2016 and it was deflating. I see even less will to hold noses and support a shady Dem process just because it's ”the lesser of two evils" in 2020.

It will be interesting to see it all play out though and find out just how many there actually are that will vote against Trump in any case. Maybe there will be more Republican voters that will just stay home.

7 hours ago, toonkee said:

Can a moderate Dem get enough of the progressive Dems out to vote though? I'm not so sure. I'm only one guy but I believe there's more out there like me. If the Dems legitimately rig the system to nominate Biden I'm not voting Dem. I'm done. Tons of progressives and anti-corporate folks held their noses and voted for Hillary in 2016 and it was deflating. I see even less will to hold noses and support a shady Dem process just because it's ”the lesser of two evils" in 2020.

It will be interesting to see it all play out though and find out just how many there actually are that will vote against Trump in any case. Maybe there will be more Republican voters that will just stay home.

I get what you are saying about the party not representing what you and a lot of others want, but if the Dems are truly so against Trump, shouldn't they go out and vote regardless of the candidate?  Then once Trump is out the party can focus on their internal policy again?

12 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

I get what you are saying about the party not representing what you and a lot of others want, but if the Dems are truly so against Trump, shouldn't they go out and vote regardless of the candidate?  Then once Trump is out the party can focus on their internal policy again?

Ah, the age old question.

As for me, I'm generally a contrarian. I am not a Democrat. Mainstream D's and R's are just as bad as the other and I only voted for Hillary in 2016 because Trump was an extraordinary case.  I've generally supported underdog candidates with messages that resonated with me and often those center around getting big money out of politics and reducing the concentration of influence. Many say my stance is "impractical" but it takes all types to make the world go 'round.   

20 hours ago, toonkee said:

Ah, the age old question.

As for me, I'm generally a contrarian. I am not a Democrat. Mainstream D's and R's are just as bad as the other and I only voted for Hillary in 2016 because Trump was an extraordinary case.  I've generally supported underdog candidates with messages that resonated with me and often those center around getting big money out of politics and reducing the concentration of influence. Many say my stance is "impractical" but it takes all types to make the world go 'round.   

I just see this as such a different election than many others because of how well liked Trump is by some, but so hated by others.  I've voted 3rd party for the majority of my life just because I don't believe in just 2 parties and I have lived in a lot of red States where it doesn't really matter.  I now live in a purple state (probably) so I might have to reconsider this year.  

The dems race is a muddled mess, they have little to run on.    I havent heard one candidate come up with something interesting....except a fee small gems from Warren.

Do any of you guys actually trust the party leaders/apparatus with what is going on in Iowa? 

The D party is also changing rules again to benefit one candidate....here we go again.  As long as the party doesnt fix thier process, it will continue to flounder. And voters will stay home.

The Bernie Bros are watching closely. 

Well done Pete !

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 2/3/2020 at 9:39 AM, toonkee said:

If you don't vote for the Dem nominee, you are helping Trump get reelected. 

It's fine if that is what you intend to do, but don't kid yourself that you are doing anything else.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

9 minutes ago, Mano said:

If you don't vote for the Dem nominee, you are helping Trump get reelected. 

It's fine if that is what you intend to do, but don't kid yourself that you are doing anything else.

Thanks, oh wise one.

3 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

The dems race is a muddled mess, they have little to run on.    I havent heard one candidate come up with something interesting....except a fee small gems from Warren.

Do any of you guys actually trust the party leaders/apparatus with what is going on in Iowa? 

The D party is also changing rules again to benefit one candidate....here we go again.  As long as the party doesnt fix thier process, it will continue to flounder. And voters will stay home.

The Bernie Bros are watching closely. 

What is so “interesting” about Trump’s platform?

1 hour ago, CV147 said:

I mean, Bloomberg has actually achieved great things in the real world. I would never vote for him, but he seems like a better candidate than all of the front-runners.

Hell yea, I’m ready for stop and frisk and  big gulp bans nationwide.

#moarprisonslesssoda

1 hour ago, CV147 said:

I mean, Bloomberg has actually achieved great things in the real world. I would never vote for him, but he seems like a better candidate than all of the front-runners.

18 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Hell yea, I’m ready for stop and frisk and  big gulp bans nationwide.

Yeah, why doesnt he just run as a rino Republican?  No Democrats want to vote for him except corporate dems.  He could still piss off Trump there.

Posted Image