Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

29 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Bernie will win the first 4 or so primaries, causing the other candidates to lose donors and drop out.

In comes Michael Bloomberg, with his billions...

The Democratic establishment will then circle around Bloomberg, since they all hate the idea of a Bernie candidacy.   They are more Wall Street / pro military spending than the liberal base realizes....

Then....

You'll have two New York billionaires running against each other in the election.   Two Republicans running against each other.

If Bernie were to win the first 3 states and have a strong showing Super Tuesday then the Democratic Establishment “circling around Bloomberg” would be pretty irrelevant. 

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

If Bernie were to win the first 3 states and have a strong showing Super Tuesday then the Democratic Establishment “circling around Bloomberg” would be pretty irrelevant. 

I guess we'll see.   Bloomberg is spending a ton of money in certain key states right now.

When the establishment media needs to push his candidacy, it could swing over to him very fast.

48 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

I guess we'll see.   Bloomberg is spending a ton of money in certain key states right now.

When the establishment media needs to push his candidacy, it could swing over to him very fast.

Nah. It’s just too late for Bloomberg to actually get the nomination. 

5 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Bernie will win the first 4 or so primaries, causing the other candidates to lose donors and drop out.

The Democratic establishment will then circle around Bloomberg, since they all hate the idea of a Bernie candidacy.   They are more Wall Street / pro military spending than the liberal base realizes....

Then....

You'll have two New York billionaires running against each other in the election.   Two Republicans running against each other.

Then Trump will win.  We'll have Clinton syndrome all over again. Nobody is excited to go vote for Bloomberg. 

When this all started I really thought Kamala Harris would win the Democrat nomination and would beat Trump. She was intelligent and more important, black and a woman. She really flamed out after going after Biden on integration and the busing issue. 

10 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Then....

Bernie isn't going to win South Carolina,  maybe the first three ... Iowa, NH, Nevada

On 1/25/2020 at 12:57 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Would you vote for Bernie?

As I've said many a time, I'd vote for my cat White Sox over Donald Trump.

Give White Sox a couple good meals a day and some toys to play with and he will happily stay in the house and do nothing other than eating, playing and sleeping. Ergo, he would be extremely low maintenance and do zero harm. Donald Trump? Extremely HIGH maintenance and does IMMENSE DAMAGE not only to the United States but to the world at large.

So you're damn right I'd vote for Bernie rather than Mr. Grumpy.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Guest #1Stunner
16 hours ago, toonkee said:

Then Trump will win.  We'll have Clinton syndrome all over again. Nobody is excited to go vote for Bloomberg. 

This plan is already happening.

The Democrats do not like the ultra liberal Bernie crowd.

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

This plan is already happening.

The Democrats do not like the ultra liberal Bernie crowd.

Of course they don't. He's not a Democrat. He wants to revolutionize their party and the status quo.

23 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

When this all started I really thought Kamala Harris would win the Democrat nomination and would beat Trump. She was intelligent and more important, black and a woman. She really flamed out after going after Biden on integration and the busing issue. 

She actually surged after that, but couldn’t maintain the momentum. I thought she would do better, but I’m glad she didn’t. 

5 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

She actually surged after that, but couldn’t maintain the momentum. I thought she would do better, but I’m glad she didn’t. 

Because she immediately backtracked right after doing the same on healthcare. She tried to run as she thought others wanted her to be. If you can’t win as yourself, you can’t win at all. See also Beto and soon to be Warren (Booker too with his Spartacus act, although he ran pretty close to who he was. Just not a good cycle for him).

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Why hasn't Bloomberg attracted more attention?  With the dearth of quality Democrat candidates I thought he would start to gain more traction.  

Probably because he started late and wasn’t part of the early debates. Plus, some Democrats see him as a wealthy Republican. 

18 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

Why hasn't Bloomberg attracted more attention?  With the dearth of quality Democrat candidates I thought he would start to gain more traction.  

Everyone besides very rich New Yorkers and very poor New Yorkers thinks that guy sucks. Most people aren’t in either of those camps. And as soup said he started late, wasn’t in the debates, and isn’t even running in the first four primaries.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

14 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

She surged but lost her momentum because it came out that she actually held the same positions as Biden and went after him for them anyway.

16 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Everyone besides very rich New Yorkers and very poor New Yorkers thinks that guy sucks. Most people aren’t in either of those camps. And as soup said he started late, wasn’t in the debates, and isn’t even running in the first four primaries.

I pretty much thought the same until listening to Ben Shapiro last night. His hypothesis is that although it's a longshot, Bloomberg is counting on four things. One, that Bernie and Lizzie's egos are such that they will be unable to agree on a unified front to push the party's farthest left agenda while Biden continues to exude possible dementia. Two, that no one else will have enough support to assume the power vacuum created by their demise. Three, that there aren't enough electoral votes before Super Tuesday to matter and four, on that date to win so many electoral votes that it will then become a 3-person race among him, Biden and either Bernie or Lizzie. At that point, the theory goes, Biden will still have next to no campaign chest while Bloomberg will still have more money than God so the race will gradually become him versus Bernie or Lizzie. Although putting all of one's eggs in the single basket of Super Tuesday is a big risk, Bloomberg could get a lot of votes in California from rich Dems concerned about the far-lefters and Jews and a lot of votes in Texas from the much more moderate Dems in that state.

Boom goes the dynamite.