Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

39 minutes ago, pokerider said:

hey, you can say what you want about the Dems but their All White!  Including 2 billionaires!   :lol:

"All six Democratic presidential candidates on next month’s debate stage will be white after Kamala Harris pulled out of the race Tuesday"

Fake News! You’re forgetting the Cherokee Princess.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I didn’t want to be too petty and attack his mayoral record.

I wouldn’t vote for him, but he’d be fine as President. He’s smart, seems like a decent person, and has been politically savvy enough to get this far in the race and still be a contender. His main problem as I see it is the only reason he has for running is that he knows he’s smart, savvy, and sees that the field is weak and Trump is beatable. It’s like hey, what the hell, maybe I should do the job.

That and black voters don’t like him. That’s a big problem too.

Well put.

Mayor Pete campaign ad: "Rather than the poll leaders who all have something toxic about them, vote for the candidate who's as harmless as Wonder Bread!"

Boom goes the dynamite.

7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Well put.

Mayor Pete campaign ad: "Rather than the poll leaders who all have something toxic about them, vote for the candidate who's as harmless as Wonder Bread!"

After five years of a dozen adderall and 6 jack and cokes for breakfast, some plain old toast might be just what the doctor ordered. That is Klobuchar’s whole appeal, isn’t it? Too bad she wasn’t gay :wacko:.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Well put.

I think Mayor Pete's support primarily comes from the fact the other candidates are so lackluster and he comes across as more reasonable.  

I'm also surprised on Kamala Harris and how poorly she did.  I thought she was taylor made for what so many democrats seem to be clamoring for. 

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

I think Mayor Pete's support primarily comes from the fact the other candidates are so lackluster and he comes across as more reasonable.  

I'm also surprised on Kamala Harris and how poorly she did.  I thought she was taylor made for what so many democrats seem to be clamoring for. 

Agreed on your first point.

As to Harris, her announcement that she was running was made in the little plaza next to Oakland City Hall with 20K raucous people in attendance. Not long thereafter she was the hit of the first Dem debates and I was briefly impressed with her because I thought she could galvanize people and hold her own in a debate with Trump. However, since that time she has done next to nothing right. The worst was changing her position on single payer health care so she didn't come off looking like a clone of Bernie and Lizzie. I also have to admit that as a regular listener to Ben Shapiro, that silly laugh of her became offputting and I could only imagine having to listen to that regularly for four years.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

He doesn't shy away from hard answers? Dude. Go look at his record. He and his team have blamed "African American homophobia" for why he doesn't have support in the Black community, he's changed his stances on a number of issues, and poll tests the issues that he does actually take a stance on. He's the definition of a prototypical politician... he'll say anything if he believes it will get him elected. Hell, he poll tested the pronunciation of his own last name last year. 

Would it be ok if he blamed low poll numbers in Utah on LDS homophobia?  What if he blamed low poll numbers in Tennessee on Christian homophobia....probably ok.  Not sure how much time you have spent around black communities, but that reason does not sound all that far fetched.  Just because you are a minority or even an oppressed minority does not mean you are a saint when it comes to your biases.

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

He doesn't shy away from hard answers? Dude. Go look at his record. He and his team have blamed "African American homophobia" for why he doesn't have support in the Black community, he's changed his stances on a number of issues, and poll tests the issues that he does actually take a stance on. He's the definition of a prototypical politician... he'll say anything if he believes it will get him elected. Hell, he poll tested the pronunciation of his own last name last year. 

I haven't seen where he blamed homophobia for his problems with black people. I ha e seen where an internal memo got leaked that showed focus group results that indicated that his being gay was a hurdle for some black SC voters. I haven't seen him blame anything other than himself for his numbers. 

What I was mainly referencing in my thoughts on him not shying away from tough answers/situations was when he left the campaign trail and returned to South bend after a cop shot a black man. He went to a protest to meet directly with them and answered some very tough questions in an  uncontrolled environment. He deserves blame for the things that happened and policies in SB under him as mayor (and is one of the reasons he is struggling with the black vote) but I thought this was a good moment for him and made me respect him. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/21/us/politics/buttigieg-south-bend-shooting.html

But like I said I won't have a say in the dems primary or any say I could potentially have is very far down the line. So I haven't taken a deep dive on any candidate. I've just read a few articles or interviews that make me go"yeah I don't mind that person" Right now that's Amy and Pete. 

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

Does Joe have the right temperament to be president?

If Biden did something like that as regularly as Trump has, my answer would be hell no.

Boom goes the dynamite.

9 hours ago, retrofade said:

If there was a movie about a bunch of powerful people picking out a random person to run for President to do their bidding, I think it’d be him. Super polished? Check. Smart, with the Harvard credentials to back it up? Check. Served in the military? Check. From the Midwest? Check. A little woke credentials? Gay, check. Hardly any political track record for people to attack? Check. I think we got it boys, roll him out there and just slap a stock photo from Kenya on an ad for black voters and we’re in business! 

40 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

If Biden did something like that as regularly as Trump has, my answer would be hell no.

You're full of chit (you know, teams & chit).

110926run_defense710.jpg

12 hours ago, retrofade said:

That's not the bug, it's the feature.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/09/democrats-pick-hillary-clinton-as-2020-frontrunner-in-new-party-poll/amp/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons&__twitter_impression=true

A new poll of registered Democrats has Hillary Clinton as their top choice for the 2020 Democratic Party presidential nomination — and she’s not even running.

The online Harris Poll survey released by the Center for American Political Studies at Harvard found that Clinton placed first with 21% of the vote, followed closely by former Vice President Joe Biden at 20%, Sen. Bernie Sanders at 12%, Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 9% and former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg at 7%.

It polled 1,859 voters and was conducted between Nov. 27 and 29 of this year.

Pollsters also surveyed respondents without Clinton in the race — and Biden came out first, with 29% of the vote, followed by Sanders at 16% and Warren at 13%.

giphy.gif

There is zero chance of Hillary getting the nomination should she announce. Like Trump, the woman has a solid base of support from raving lunatics who think she's God. However, Hillary's base contains only half as many raving lunatics.

Boom goes the dynamite.

30 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Poor Kamala. She used her one nuke on bussing when this was there the whole time.

On 12/6/2019 at 5:10 PM, modestobulldog said:

Does Joe have the right temperament to be president?

To be a proper president? No.

To win an election? Well...I think we now know anything is quite possible.

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

https://nypost.com/2019/12/09/democrats-pick-hillary-clinton-as-2020-frontrunner-in-new-party-poll/amp/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons&__twitter_impression=true

A new poll of registered Democrats has Hillary Clinton as their top choice for the 2020 Democratic Party presidential nomination — and she’s not even running.

The online Harris Poll survey released by the Center for American Political Studies at Harvard found that Clinton placed first with 21% of the vote, followed closely by former Vice President Joe Biden at 20%, Sen. Bernie Sanders at 12%, Sen. Elizabeth Warren at 9% and former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg at 7%.

It polled 1,859 voters and was conducted between Nov. 27 and 29 of this year.

Pollsters also surveyed respondents without Clinton in the race — and Biden came out first, with 29% of the vote, followed by Sanders at 16% and Warren at 13%.

giphy.gif

That gif will never not be funny LOL