Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

This is discounting the many minority teachers and activists who work hard every day in those impoverished areas. 

But I understand what he's saying here.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

18 minutes ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

This is discounting the many minority teachers and activists who work hard every day in those impoverished areas. 

But I understand what he's saying here.

While getting their ass kicked by students. I just watched a Netflix movie about a teacher who flunked a kid who stabbed him in an inner city school. A sobering statistic quoted at the end of the movie indicated that one in nine teachers are attacked by students. Tough to educate anyone in that environment. 

He definitely won't get the nomination saying things like that.  The only answer democrats are willing to entertain for why inner city blacks are not doing well is racism and lack of funding (caused by even more racism).  You can't even discuss any other contributing factors or you are.....wait for it.....racist.

Pete does appear to be surging though...

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Pete does appear to be surging though...

I don't get the attraction of Buttigieg over someone like Yang or even Harris, at least not to those poll numbers shown.  I've listened to a couple different podcasts of Yang and he comes across as a solid candidate.  I guess i need to listen to Buttigieg a little more.  Biden and Warren are both going to be tough outs in the primary.  

3 hours ago, alum93 said:

I don't get the attraction of Buttigieg over someone like Yang or even Harris, at least not to those poll numbers shown.  I've listened to a couple different podcasts of Yang and he comes across as a solid candidate.  I guess i need to listen to Buttigieg a little more.  Biden and Warren are both going to be tough outs in the primary.  

Not sure why Yang hasn't made a dent in the polls. I suspect it's because he's very young and inexperienced. However, that guy is damn smart and has ideas. The one I like best is his beating the drum on the need for the U.S. to start reinventing its economy in light of changing demographics, the environment and the like. I couldn't possibly put it as persuasively as he does but everything he says in that regard makes total sense yet nobody except maybe Sherrod Brown is saying anything similar.

Jesus H. Christ the Democrats are incapable of supporting the best possible candidates. :pitchforks:

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 11/21/2019 at 9:56 PM, toonkee said:

I have Bloomberg on my SHIT list.

Nothing like running an eleventh hour campaign which can't possibly do anything more than help Lizzie Warren and Bernie Sanders.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I'd be cautious of listening to others on twitter or whatever trashing candidates.  You will fall into the same head +++++ games the Russians want you to hear.  Study and listen to the candidates and form your own opinions.  Use your own brain power unlike the drumph rubes that are permanently +++++ed in the head by those daily shows like "fox & rubes".

Carry on....

24 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Not sure why Yang hasn't made a dent in the polls. I suspect it's because he's very young and inexperienced. However, that guy is damn smart and has ideas. The one I like best is his beating the drum on the need for the U.S. to start reinventing its economy in light of changing demographics, the environment and the like. I couldn't possibly put it as persuasively as he does but everything he says in that regard makes total sense yet nobody except maybe Sherrod Brown is saying anything similar.

Jesus H. Christ the Democrats are incapable of supporting the best possible candidates. :pitchforks:

What exactly gives you confidence that Yang would be able to get congress to pass UBI?