Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

You claiming to loathe Trump while parading and celebrating most of his policy position is laughable. 

It's as simple as that, little one. 

This is rich. Which policies, please be specific. Because if mocking the spastic response he engenders is celebrating then I guess I’m guilty, I don’t think more crazy and stupid is an appropriate response to crazy and stupid.

In any case, the part of the comment you highlighted speaks solely to character, and I guarantee you won’t find a single utterance of mine praising Trump’s character, even when the dirtbag stumbles into doing something benevolent.

So pull up, put up, or shut up. Because we both know it’s not me that’s completely changed who they are and what they believe as a knee jerk reaction.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 9/14/2019 at 5:29 PM, retrofade said:

OdSpllf.png

Serves Castro right.

The guy claimed after being heartily booed during the debate that he never meant to suggest Biden was no longer mentally fit for office. Of course Castro didn't have that intention. That's why he only chided Biden three times rather than six or eight times for "forgetting."

Boom goes the dynamite.

When Trump ran in the primaries there were probably 5-10 candidates better than him that still would have beaten Hilliary. I find it similarly amusing that the Democrats are having a hard time coming up with a candidate that can beat Trump. 

Whats even funnier is at one time during the Obama administration the Republican Party was pretty much written off as dead to never rise again. Politics is weird. 

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

LEEEEEEEROOOOOOYYYY JEEEEEENKIIIIINNNNNNSS

Her campaign is on life support at this point. The newest polling out of California has her trailing just about everyone... which isn't a huge deal, except that it's her home state. She has the same problem in California that Castro does in Texas... they're not very well liked.

I can almost guarantee that a call for fundraising for her campaign will go out in conjunction within the next day or two. Then you see that she's been holding less public events than even Biden lately, and is scrambling for fundraising dollars ahead of the Q3 filing deadline. 

Kamala was Willie Browns concubine in the nineties.  It is weird, she was 29, and he was 60, and of course Willie was married, and the speaker appointed her to a patronage job that started her political career.

Another interesting thing is according to her Stanford professor father, her family were slave owners in Jamaica.

But that doesn't seem to be her problem, because I don't think most people even know those things.  I thought she would be a serious contender, but she can't seem to get any traction.

19 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

When Trump ran in the primaries there were probably 5-10 candidates better than him that still would have beaten Hilliary. I find it similarly amusing that the Democrats are having a hard time coming up with a candidate that can beat Trump. 

Whats even funnier is at one time during the Obama administration the Republican Party was pretty much written off as dead to never rise again. Politics is weird. 

The single thing I've been able to discern that the Republicans have historically had over the Democrats is the Republicans don't eat their own.

And the importance of that should in no way be diminished.

GD Democrats.

Boom goes the dynamite.

9 hours ago, retrofade said:

Her campaign is on life support at this point. The newest polling out of California has her trailing just about everyone... which isn't a huge deal, except that it's her home state. She has the same problem in California that Castro does in Texas... they're not very well liked.

I can almost guarantee that a call for fundraising for her campaign will go out in conjunction within the next day or two. Then you see that she's been holding less public events than even Biden lately, and is scrambling for fundraising dollars ahead of the Q3 filing deadline. 

She’s just not good at this. She should have stayed true to herself, been the damn hard nosed common sense cop, owned her record. Instead she tried to out Bernie like everyone else, while never actually believing any of it. Maybe she still couldn’t have won in the atmosphere of this Democratic primary, but it wouldn’t have rang hollow. Now she dinged the front runner as a racist, blew her moment by backtracking to the exact position he held, and is taking on water in the polls fast. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

18 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

She’s just not good at this. She should have stayed true to herself, been the damn hard nosed common sense cop, owned her record. Instead she tried to out Bernie like everyone else, while never actually believing any of it. Maybe she still couldn’t have won in the atmosphere of this Democratic primary, but it wouldn’t have rang hollow. Now she dinged the front runner as a racist, blew her moment by backtracking to the exact position he held, and is taking on water in the polls fast. 

It’s kind of crazy that Harris, being a black, female, senator from California somehow ran a campaign that didn’t lead to her being the preferred candidate for black people, women, or California residents. 

2 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

It’s kind of crazy that Harris, being a black, female, senator from California somehow ran a campaign that didn’t lead to her being the preferred candidate for black people, women, or California residents. 

I don’t think so, most black people, women, and California residents don’t base their entire self perception around those specific qualities. She was fake from the get go and people reacted accordingly. 

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I don’t think so, most black people, women, and California residents don’t base their entire self perception around those specific qualities. She was fake from the get go and people reacted accordingly. 

My point was just that it speaks to how poorly her campaign has been run; with the right strategy she probably could have gotten the support of one of those groups and began to build a base. 

But... she didn’t, and that makes me happy because I am not a fan of hers.

18 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

My point was just that it speaks to how poorly her campaign has been run; with the right strategy she probably could have gotten the support of one of those groups and began to build a base. 

But... she didn’t, and that makes me happy because I am not a fan of hers.

You’re right that the campaign was run like garbage. They acted like the woke Olympics would deliver all 3 of those constituencies to her, and all she had to do was out Bernie Elizabeth Warren and secure the rich, northeastern progressive vote. She’s ended up with none of those constituencies solidly behind her, and basically called the front runner a racist so her chances of gaining power down the road from a VP position are greatly diminished. Good riddance.

15 hours ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

The single thing I've been able to discern that the Republicans have historically had over the Democrats is the Republicans don't eat their own.

And the importance of that should in no way be diminished.

GD Democrats.

I don't think that is always true.  Huckabee knifed Romney over and over in 2008.