Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Democrat Thunderdome - 2020 Democratic Candidate Thread

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Trump vs Biden is gonna be incredible.

Oh yes... two dudes in their 70s that can't tell a straight story to save their lives.

RIP in Peace America :P

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Oh yes... two dudes in their 70s that can't tell a straight story to save their lives.

RIP in Peace America :P

As long as the ratings are great :shots:

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

12 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Trump vs Biden is gonna be incredible.

It will be pretty hard to follow their debates.. like a disjointed conversation at a nursing home

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:48 AM, Orange said:

while I support Bernie in the primaries, will vote D no matter who we nominate.

My cat is now a registered Democrat. He just turned two and the vet said that although his frontal cortex isn't yet fully developed, it's probably about 2/3 of the way there just like Donald Trump's is. White Sox doesn't have Trump's money but he also doesn't have Trump's huge paunch and is therefore undoubtedly a better mouser than the current president - although word is Trump's become very adept at tripping over his tiny feet and just falling on and crushing small animals beneath him so you never know.

Sox also has hella more hair than Trump AND it isn't dyed orange and slathered over his ears with gel or some other greasy substance that sticks to a pillow like flies on shit.

Furthermore, White Sox only lies when my wife or I come into the kitchen after being out all day. Sox always claims he hasn't had dinner when he really has and maybe that should disqualify him from being president. However, Mrs. SGF and I figure that at a rate of once per day, our furry friend could serve two terms in office and still not be close to the liar that Donald Trump is.

So really, there's no question that if something should happen to all the Democrats who have declared their candidacy, my cat would make a much better president than Mr. Grumpy. All Sox needs now is a catchy campaign slogan. Something like Make America Giggle Again.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Howard Schultz, the former chief executive of Starbucks who took steps earlier this year to prepare to run for president as an independent, announced Friday that he was abandoning those plans.

In a letter to supporters, Mr. Schultz said he had concluded that an independent bid would pose too great a risk of helping President Trump win a second term.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/06/us/politics/howard-schultz-drops-out-2020.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-09-07/2020-democrats-warm-to-mandatory-buybacks-of-assault-weapons?__twitter_impression=true

In New Hampshire on Friday, Senator Kamala Harris of California told reporters that requiring owners of assault weapons to sell them to the government is “a good idea” because “we have to take those guns off the streets.”

New Jersey Senator Cory Booker said he supports the proposal. He noted that other countries have been able to take military-style semiautomatic weapons “off the streets” and that the U.S. can’t let the National Rifle Association “tell us what’s possible.”

At the New Hampshire Democratic convention on Saturday, former Representative Beto O’Rourke, who’s made buybacks a signature issue in recent weeks, pressed the idea to a cheering crowd that reflected the growing enthusiasm in the party for controlling firearm ownership. He said measures like universal background checks and “red flag” laws, which his 2020 competitors unanimously support, aren’t enough.

The also rans are getting desperate. Gun confiscation being throw out as a serious idea. It’s almost like they are who the gun nuts always said they were.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

:surrender:

This applies as well to the party’s general ideological orientation. More Democratic voters express concern the party will nominate a candidate who’s too liberal (49 percent) than one who’s not liberal enough (41 percent). By a similar 54–41 margin, more Democrats want their party to move toward the center than toward the left."

Paging @mysfit

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This applies as well to the party’s general ideological orientation. More Democratic voters express concern the party will nominate a candidate who’s too liberal (49 percent) than one who’s not liberal enough (41 percent). By a similar 54–41 margin, more Democrats want their party to move toward the center than toward the left."

Paging @mysfit

Not that it’s likely to do them any good. It’s too late now.

Beto sold his career down the river for a percentage point bump or two in a democratic primary. Enjoy being the mayor of Austin, if you can swing it you paper thin jabroni, because you’re done as a statewide politician in Texas.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:27 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2019-09-07/2020-democrats-warm-to-mandatory-buybacks-of-assault-weapons?__twitter_impression=true

In New Hampshire on Friday, Senator Kamala Harris of California told reporters that requiring owners of assault weapons to sell them to the government is “a good idea” because “we have to take those guns off the streets.”

New Jersey Senator Cory Booker said he supports the proposal. He noted that other countries have been able to take military-style semiautomatic weapons “off the streets” and that the U.S. can’t let the National Rifle Association “tell us what’s possible.”

At the New Hampshire Democratic convention on Saturday, former Representative Beto O’Rourke, who’s made buybacks a signature issue in recent weeks, pressed the idea to a cheering crowd that reflected the growing enthusiasm in the party for controlling firearm ownership. He said measures like universal background checks and “red flag” laws, which his 2020 competitors unanimously support, aren’t enough.

The also rans are getting desperate. Gun confiscation being throw out as a serious idea. It’s almost like they are who the gun nuts always said they were.

Several times on this board i have been told our guns were safe by the lefties.

Why do I always mistrust them.  Oh yeah.... the people they support will do anything for power.

1 hour ago, Meister_Rebel said:

I’m actually starting to like Klobuchar but, it’s really not so much because of the live debates as it is listening to her in the post debate interviews.  

She’s the candidate least well served by the large field in the debates. Nothing flashy about her and she can’t even fake it. Probably not gonna make it far once the field continues to get culled. Oh well, we need good senators too.

30 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

She’s the candidate least well served by the large field in the debates. Nothing flashy about her and she can’t even fake it. Probably not gonna make it far once the field continues to get culled. Oh well, we need good senators too.

She even admits she isn't the flashiest candidate.  What I like about her is her moderate positions.  She doesn't want to take my guns away, she doesn't agree with free tuition for all because she will tell you right off she doesn't think the wealthy kids need free college, and she doesn't want to take away anyone's choice for health insurance although she believes everyone should have it.  She does real well in the rural communities she supports in her state as she is very supportive of farmers.  She refers to trump as a liar rather than a leader and she will say it to his face.  For me its just that I seem to relate to her positions more than I do with the top three.

But, yeah you said it best in that she is the least well served by the large field.

15 minutes ago, Meister_Rebel said:

She even admits she isn't the flashiest candidate.  What I like about her is her moderate positions.  She doesn't want to take my guns away, she doesn't agree with free tuition for all because she will tell you right off she doesn't think the wealthy kids need free college, and she doesn't want to take away anyone's choice for health insurance although she believes everyone should have it.  She does real well in the rural communities she supports in her state as she is very supportive of farmers.  She refers to trump as a liar rather than a leader and she will say it to his face.  For me its just that I seem to relate to her positions more than I do with the top three.

But, yeah you said it best in that she is the least well served by the large field.

I don’t think she’s moderate, I think she is solidly left of center. It’s just a reflection of how the Overton window has shifted that ideas that used to be rejected as idiotic lunacy like gun confiscation, denying private health insurance, giving away a college education on the backs of taxpayers etc... have become normalized.

Like you I respect her for all the reasons I loathe Trump. She displays good character. She refuses to play in the mud even if it could advantage her and dirty up her opponent. She’s also someone that can work reasonably with others and trade horses to gain a compromise. We don’t have enough of that. I disagree with her on many things, but if only there were more like her, and fewer like Trump and his ilk in my side of the spectrum, people wouldn’t have such a bleak outlook on the country, where it’s been and where it’s headed.